Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
    Can someone fill me in on this scoreboard thing?
    September 21, 1991, IUP at ESU. IUP cruises to a 34-0 win during which a message ran across the scoreboard that said "Way to run up the score Frank". Frank was legendary IUP Coach Frank Cignetti. The message was removed quickly after it appeared, but it has caused much anguish for at least ONE IUP fan.

Comment

Can someone fill me in on this scoreboard thing?
      Last edited by IUPNation; 11-19-2021, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

September 21, 1991, IUP at ESU. IUP cruises to a 34-0 win during which a message ran across the scoreboard that said "Way to run up the score Frank". Frank was legendary IUP Coach Frank Cignetti. The message was removed quickly after it appeared, but it has caused much anguish for at least ONE IUP fan.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          holding a grudge is something IUP fans do best. :-)
          Only one "fan" that I can think of.

Comment

To be fair, Shepherd hasn't forgotten Notre Dame putting Shepjerd up on the scoreboard and refusing to change it all game long. We still owe them for that one.

Comment

The apartments at Ship do that for everyone, at least they did in the early 2000's. The 2 times I played at Ship they had the F*** Shepherd on a sheet hanging over the railing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Only one "fan" that I can think of.

They are useful weapons against the IUP Haters.

Comment

To be fair, Shepherd hasn't forgotten Notre Dame putting Shepjerd up on the scoreboard and refusing to change it all game long. We still owe them for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

The apartments at Ship do that for everyone, at least they did in the early 2000's. The 2 times I played at Ship they had the F*** Shepherd on a sheet hanging over the railing too.

Comment

Minus Rock Dance 1 and Rock Dance 2 ... can't remember many such instances with IUP. I suppose that's one advance of playing in The Crypt / Library / Funeral Home.

Rock Dance 1 was legendary. Rock Dance 2 was moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Minus Rock Dance 1 and Rock Dance 2 ... can't remember many such instances with IUP. I suppose that's one advance of playing in The Crypt / Library / Funeral Home.

Rock Dance 1 was legendary. Rock Dance 2 was moronic.

Comment

IUP's core fan base is probably (average) in their 60s. Perhaps some of the big donors have passed away, etc.

Section C needs something to happen. That's the section right behind the team and talking (let alone cheering) is prohibited. Make the first 15 rows of Section C the student section. Put the Ghostbusters there. Something.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP's core fan base is probably (average) in their 60s. Perhaps some of the big donors have passed away, etc.

Section C needs something to happen. That's the section right behind the team and talking (let alone cheering) is prohibited. Make the first 15 rows of Section C the student section. Put the Ghostbusters there. Something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'm shocked, simply shocked, that drunken college students would do stupid things. If you want an interesting experience, try being the fans of the team playing Ohio State in Columbus and walking past the OSU fraternity row on the way to the stadium.

Comment

I should have known you would turn the story into War & Peace. I do think you're the only one who cares. It really must have ruined your whole trip to the Poconos that day, Snowflake. Frank's son Curt ran it up here at ESU back in '16. IUP 73, ESU 42. Guess it runs in the family.
                                Last edited by WarriorVoice; 11-19-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X