Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Bowie State would be another great local series. Between them and Frostburg State, it should almost be on rotation every 2 years with each program or a round robin of sorts between the 3. Right now all 3 are really humming right now as programs too.

We've had series with Bowie State in the past as well, early 2010's I think.
    I would not be surprised if Frostburg tries and pulls a 'Shepherd' and jump ship from the MEC to the PSAC in a few years if they are still doing well and there is an opportunity. Their offering of both men's and women's sports also fits in nicely with the other PSAC schools.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

I would not be surprised if Frostburg tries and pulls a 'Shepherd' and jump ship from the MEC to the PSAC in a few years if they are still doing well and there is an opportunity. Their offering of both men's and women's sports also fits in nicely with the other PSAC schools.
      I'd guess they will be Target No. 1 when the time comes. And, it's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

When IUP accepts their invite to the big leagues, Steve Murray will be the first call they get.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

When IUP accepts their invite to the big leagues, Steve Murray will be the first call they get.
          Well, doubtful.

I'd guess once these Triads blow up in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd guess they will be Target No. 1 when the time comes. And, it's coming.
            My guess (wild) is that PWU-CLARION and PASSHE-MILLERSVILLE will be the first to drop FB leaving two gaps in the league IF they don't simply decide to scale down to two 7 team conferences with additional OOC/XO games to assure an 11game schedule. Any drop below 14 teams would mean aggressive poaching or shifting to one large 10-13 team league. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, doubtful.

I'd guess once these Triads blow up in a couple years.
              PENN STATE BY 2028!!!

Comment

PENN STATE BY 2028!!!
                Most will be lucky if their electricity bill gets paid in 5 years.

Comment

Comment

PENN STATE BY 2028!!!
                    James Douds will have Penn State a yearly 6-6 program by 2028.

Comment

• Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

I heard from a Bowie State Alumni that they were trying to get a home & home series but were told to come back after the season to discuss. So, you're probably right that we won't hear anything until Spring. I think that would be nice for the whole DMV area if that could be booked.
                      Shepherd vs. Bowie State would be an awesome out-of-conference game. And it would be an in-region game for both teams which could potentially have a huge impact on the playoffs.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Come on, you were there. Look at the play-by-play.

IUP's starters were out after the first possession of the fourth quarter. It got out of hand because ESU couldn't stop anyone in an IUP uniform. I mean, IUP took a knee at the ESU 2 in the final minute.

I remember walking off the field and Curt Cignetti said to me something like, "I'm gonna get some (crap) for the score, but we could have scored 100 if we wanted to."

OK, so I'm bored ;)
                        So the coach knows he ran up the score, but no one else is allowed to say he ran up the score. OK. I got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                          So the coach knows he ran up the score, but no one else is allowed to say he ran up the score. OK. I got it.
                          I don't know how you read my post and interpreted it that way.

Cignetti didn't run up the score. East Stroudsburg couldn't make a stop.

The starters were out early. Heck, the backup fullback was getting carries at the end, and IUP fullbacks average one carry per decade. What was IUP to do? Take a knee in the third quarter?
                          http://www.indianagazette.com
                          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

He only scored in the 70s. ESU was so awful that day he should have scored in the low 100s. So, no, he didn't run it up. They tried to keep it in the 70s. As bad as that sounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I don't know how you read my post and interpreted it that way.

Cignetti didn't run up the score. East Stroudsburg couldn't make a stop.

The starters were out early. Heck, the backup fullback was getting carries at the end, and IUP fullbacks average one carry per decade. What was IUP to do? Take a knee in the third quarter?
                              It's hilarious that a blowout game from 30 years ago still gets so much play on this board. It's almost the only thing I read about ESU on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's hilarious that a blowout game from 30 years ago still gets so much play on this board. It's almost the only thing I read about ESU on here.
                                Nah, it was only five years ago. Plus, without playoffs to cover, I am bored.
                                http://www.indianagazette.com
                                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X