Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing Curt could have done in that game to quit scoring was to just take a knee on each snap ... or punt on first down. Either would have actually been more embarrassing to the opponent.

A Slippery Rock coach told me they did everything in their power to keep the score against Clarion this year at 75-0. When one team basically quits and you're 3rd and 4th string guys are better than their starters ... only so much you can do. If your scout team RBs are getting 10 yards a pop ...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The only thing Curt could have done in that game to quit scoring was to just take a knee on each snap ... or punt on first down. Either would have actually been more embarrassing to the opponent.

A Slippery Rock coach told me they did everything in their power to keep the score against Clarion this year at 75-0. When one team basically quits and you're 3rd and 4th string guys are better than their starters ... only so much you can do. If your scout team RBs are getting 10 yards a pop ...
      Agree. Plus those guys are motivated to show something on the field. Hard to convince them to dial it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Agree. Plus those guys are motivated to show something on the field. Hard to convince them to dial it back.
        http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Shepherd vs. Bowie State would be an awesome out-of-conference game. And it would be an in-region game for both teams which could potentially have a huge impact on the playoffs.

Unless I misunderstand your comment, I think you are remembering SR1 as it used to be. Bowie State has moved to SR2 so that would be an out of region game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramparsons View Post

Unless I misunderstand your comment, I think you are remembering SR1 as it used to be. Bowie State has moved to SR2 so that would be an out of region game.
            Bordering state (SR1 to SR2) so they count it. Same reason IUP games against Ashland counted (Ashland was in the GLIAC then).

Comment

• Some East Stroudsburg scores since 1974......

1976 - ESU 54 Mansfield 8
              1977 - ESU 51 Mansfield 6
              1977 - ESU 69 Cortland St 14
              1978 - ESU 64 Cortland St 7
              1980 - ESU 70 Bloomsburg 15
              1981 - ESU 49 Bloomsburg 0

Lets move on to the 2000's
              2003 - ESU 58 Lenoir-Rhyne (Eleanor Whines) 0
              2004 - ESU 55 Cheyney 0
              2005 - ESU 72 Bentley 17
              2005 - ESU 56 Clarion 0
              2006 - ESU 61 Mansfield 7
              2007 - ESU 58 Lock Haven 13

...and this is just a small sample...there are more run ups on hapless oppnents....and why any accusation by ESU of IUP running it up on them should be met with laughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                Some East Stroudsburg scores since 1974......

2004 - ESU 55 Cheyney 0
                2005 - ESU 72 Bentley 17
                2005 - ESU 56 Clarion 0

...and this is just a small sample...there are more run ups on hapless oppnents....and why any accusation by ESU of IUP running it up on them should be met with laughter.
                50-70 since 2010. Basically the same program for 50 years, about average. Beats the bad teams and loses to the good ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramparsons View Post

It's an in-region game because of the "bordering states" principle (Maryland and West Virginia).
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• All games between PSAC and CIAA schools are considered in-region because those conferences share a region in basketball. Not that it matters a ton which football games are in-region.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                      50-70 since 2010. Basically the same program for 50 years, about average. Beats the bad teams and loses to the good ones.
                      If you take away those Jimmy T years (2003-06), when ESU was very good, the Warriors are a sub-.500 team (193-194-3) since 1980.
                      http://www.indianagazette.com
                      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Really? A Florida trip might be fun, but let's get more competitive with Shepherd before we decided to take on West Florida.
                        Now that would be an entertaining week 1 game. Tyson Bagent vs Austin Reed, 2 Harlon Hill Finalists vs somewhat suspect defenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                          Some East Stroudsburg scores since 1974......

2004 - ESU 55 Cheyney 0
                          2005 - ESU 72 Bentley 17
                          2005 - ESU 56 Clarion 0

I've debated with you in the past, and here it is again...

03- ESU 58 - Lenoir-Rhyne 0 - ESU led at HALFTIME 58-0
                          04- ESU 55 - Cheyney 0 - ESU led At HALFTIME it was 42-0
                          05 - ESU 72 - Bentley 17 - ESU led At HALFTIME it was 58-3
                          05 - ESU 56 - Clarion 0 - ESU led At HALFTIME it was 42 - 0
                          06 - ESU 61 - Mansfield 7 - ESU led At HALFTIME it was 42 - 0 (according to the box score the starters scored the 1st possession of the 2nd half, and then they were done).
                          07 - ESU 58 - Lock Haven 13- At HALFTIME it was 30-13. Here you have an argument where the starters did play the rest of the game.

I don't find it to be running up the score when the team's second team scores in the second half. That is what you said to in your above posts, correct?

Even coaching high school football, and having a mercy rule at halftime, I believe that in the 1st half anything goes (for the most part. you do get some POOR teams), but after half we have always given our starters ONE series before they were completely done. Some may disagree, but I believe that is fair. For the majority of the above games that was the same case, as provided by the halftime scores.

As far as the ESU accusation of IUP running up the score, that is bs. That game was out of hand, and IUP could have put 100 up if they wanted to. If second and third teamers are scoring, as was the case with IUP that day, oh well. When the leading team starts to call multiple dive and iso plays, and the defense still can't stop it, than that is on the defense, and it is not "running it up" or poor sportsmanship.

Comment

• Don't want to get the score run up on you? Play better. This really does not have to be complicated.

D2 is scholarship football. If you don't want to be blown out, take it seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

Now that would be an entertaining week 1 game. Tyson Bagent vs Austin Reed, 2 Harlon Hill Finalists vs somewhat suspect defenses.
                              Just curious. Was Reed injured during the Newberry game? He didn't look himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                                Don't want to get the score run up on you? Play better. This really does not have to be complicated.

D2 is scholarship football. If you don't want to be blown out, take it seriously.
                                Sounds good to me. A lot of it is effort and attitude.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X