Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Lord. Just trying to point out that football is a hardly a one-man show and that great players don't necessarily win it all without support. That's true of most team sports. I once saw a Cubs baseball team that included three future Hall of Famers lose 103 games.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      If I see one more "lol" on this thread as a means to deliver an insult with a smile, I'm going to start breaking things.
      Sorry, but the idea that an obviously talented QB is not worthy because his team got clobbered is worth a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Good Lord. Just trying to point out that football is a hardly a one-man show and that great players don't necessarily win it all without support. That's true of most team sports. I once saw a Cubs baseball team that included three future Hall of Famers lose 103 games.

Comment

Another way to look at it is that these PSAC players win the award as a result of gaudy individual statistics. Generally, that equates to being somewhat of a one-man show. They are dominant on their team and they carry the offense through the regular season (and maybe the regional playoffs). But when it comes to interregional playoff games a PSAC team that is one-dimensional (I know Shep has a running game) or where the defense doesn't measure up will get stomped.

Comment

Ferris has had good teams in the past, but they seem to be in a world of their own this year. Valdosta didn't fare a helluva lot better than Shepherd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
              Ferris has had good teams in the past, but they seem to be in a world of their own this year. Valdosta didn't fare a helluva lot better than Shepherd.
              Their QB was a Lacrosse player turned QB. They have a massive OL that just allows them to pummel
              the ball down the field. Once their defense got on track it was game over.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Their QB was a Lacrosse player turned QB. They have a massive OL that just allows them to pummel
                the ball down the field. Once their defense got on track it was game over.
                Yes, plus the announcers said they have six 6th year seniors on the o-line. They just overwhelmed opposing defenses and opened up holes that any of us could get through. The QB (Bernhardt) ran an RPO in high school, was reported as the top recruit in lacrosse and played Lacrosse and graduated from Maryland before joining Ferris State. He sat out the 2cnd half with an ankle injury, but didn't matter as the RBs and number 2 QB took over - behind the strength of the offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                  Yes, plus the announcers said they have six 6th year seniors on the o-line. They just overwhelmed opposing defenses and opened up holes that any of us could get through. The QB (Bernhardt) ran an RPO in high school, was reported as the top recruit in lacrosse and played Lacrosse and graduated from Maryland before joining Ferris State. He sat out the 2cnd half with an ankle injury, but didn't matter as the RBs and number 2 QB took over - behind the strength of the offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

My apologies.

It is exactly as I described. Got destroyed lol.
                    Ignore this Jackass!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Ignore this Jackass!!!

Comment

Really, I love this site, but that is pretty crappy. When the admins troll and insult a fan base, that is simply uncalled for. He's acting like a clown and not an admin.

Comment

There has always been a bias against SR1. Kansas City may the home office.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post

Comment

The Ferris coach is an incredibly good coach and an even better recruiter. I don't think his path is possible in PA.

Comment

NWMS State had the same thing in basketball last year. They may have won a round or two in the D1 tournament. After they barely lost to Duke last year, Coach K said their PG would start at 95% of ACC schools.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X