X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Stewart has been important for the offense. I don't think the other backs replace what he brings to the table. I think IUP has to make some adjustments without him. Even though the play was called back, I am reminded of the 82-yard TD run in the Shippensburg game. They don't have anybody else who can do that. I am not sure that there is anyone else in the PSAC who can do that.

Stewart's presence takes IUP to the next level. His absence might not make a difference this weekend (we'll see how the team responds) or next, but when you get to the State Game it will become a factor. Who knows, maybe if the stars align he will be able to play in that game. We shall see.
    You really must think IUP is the only program in the conference with a running back.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Stewart has been important for the offense. I don't think the other backs replace what he brings to the table. I think IUP has to make some adjustments without him. Even though the play was called back, I am reminded of the 82-yard TD run in the Shippensburg game. They don't have anybody else who can do that. I am not sure that there is anyone else in the PSAC who can do that.

Stewart's presence takes IUP to the next level. His absence might not make a difference this weekend (we'll see how the team responds) or next, but when you get to the State Game it will become a factor. Who knows, maybe if the stars align he will be able to play in that game. We shall see.
    He's tough and has game-breaker potential. But, he didn't really do much against teams with good defenses. His average against Cal and SRU dropped to 3 ypc and he vanished against Seton Hill.

I'm just trying to find the positives. They'll have to make him up in the aggregate.

Now, if we lose another RB ... yikes.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Here is his game-by-game stats this year:
    OPPONENT ATTEMPTS YARDS TD
    Shippensburg 22 108 2
    Mercyhurst 32 256 1
    SRU 30 92 0
    California 20 77 1
    Edinboro 14 87 1
    Seton Hill 6 13 0

He also has 3 receptions for 60 yards.

He's had 124 carries for a net of 633 yards (5.1) avg.

Younger and Houser combined have 95 carries for 447 yards (4.7 avg).

Houser's workload has been very light. He's played in 5 of the 7 games, carrying (in order) 12, 1, 4, 11 and 7 times.

If Houser can stay on the field, I think they can manage without Stewart (for however long this lasts).

IUP has had three strong rushing games -- Ship (213), Mercyhurst (383) and Edinboro (246). They ran poorly at ESU (sans Stewart), gaining just 125 yards on 34 attempts. They got 135 yards against SRU and 98 on California. The season low was last week -- just 31 yards on 29 carries against Seton Hill.

So, the run game hasn't exactly been carrying them. The stats got ballooned up against some poor defenses.

They are certainly stronger with Stewart, but I think they will maintain without him, too.

Granted, the team is starting to get in some hot water here. You can only lose so many key starters. This is three now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Has anyone heard about Stewart's status for Saturday? Oh wait, nevermind...

Here is his game-by-game stats this year:
    OPPONENT ATTEMPTS YARDS TD
    Shippensburg 22 108 2
    Mercyhurst 32 256 1
    SRU 30 92 0
    California 20 77 1
    Edinboro 14 87 1
    Seton Hill 6 13 0

He also has 3 receptions for 60 yards.

He's had 124 carries for a net of 633 yards (5.1) avg.

Younger and Houser combined have 95 carries for 447 yards (4.7 avg).

Houser's workload has been very light. He's played in 5 of the 7 games, carrying (in order) 12, 1, 4, 11 and 7 times.

If Houser can stay on the field, I think they can manage without Stewart (for however long this lasts).

IUP has had three strong rushing games -- Ship (213), Mercyhurst (383) and Edinboro (246). They ran poorly at ESU (sans Stewart), gaining just 125 yards on 34 attempts. They got 135 yards against SRU and 98 on California. The season low was last week -- just 31 yards on 29 carries against Seton Hill.

So, the run game hasn't exactly been carrying them. The stats got ballooned up against some poor defenses.

They are certainly stronger with Stewart, but I think they will maintain without him, too.

Granted, the team is starting to get in some hot water here. You can only lose so many key starters. This is three now.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    haven't heard from the personalities on this yet... perhaps Stewart was one of the personalities?

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm surprised he isn't removed from the online roster.
    You think this is more than a 1 or 2 game suspension? Forgive me as I haven't read up entirely on the entire thing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

He won't be until possibly after the preliminary hearing November 2. The girlfriend could also drop the charges too which could happen since he'll probably bully her into that.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Saturday nights have to be torture for college coaches. But ... they can't babysit 24 hours a day.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

How foolish. Also wondering where this guy’s friends were to help keep him out of trouble and maybe talk him out of making a bad decision. Maybe he doesn’t have any. Regardless, this type of behavior needs to be run out of the program, period. I don’t care how good a player is, it should be zero tolerance. Even if charges are dropped he clearly kicked in a couple doors and resisted arrest. That’s enough to tell me this is a bad guy you don’t want hanging around.
    Saturday nights have to be torture for college coaches. But ... they can't babysit 24 hours a day.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    IUP ran out of steam with a very short bench tonight but put up a great fight for 30 minutes. It's going to be another big year in the KCAC.
    When IUP went up seven about mid-way through the second half I thought they had a shot. Then Syracuse couldn’t miss and went on that 10 run and never looked back. IUP still doesn’t have an answer for seven-footers underneath. It’s not like they see many throughout the year but they ran into one in the semis last year and we know how that turned out.

Jones looked good, but maybe a little tentative. That’s to be expected. Other than that, nobody looked the least bit intimidated and it’s going to take a darned good DII team to beat IUP this year if they stay healthy. This will be the best group to start a season for IUP that I think I’ve ever seen. Of course, that means nothing at this point.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

I’m not sure why this is so secretive…… It’s public knowledge….. Whole story below:

STATE POLICE CHARGE MAN WITH TRESPASS, OTHER CRIMES FOR SUNDAY INCIDENT

Oct 25, 2022 | 10:08 AM

A man from York, PA is facing charges of criminal trespass in an incident on Sunday.

State police say that troopers were called out at 4:20 AM on October 23rd for a disturbance at an apartment at 100 Grove Lane in White Township. It was discovered over the course of the investigation that 22-year-old Dayjure Stewart kicked in the entry door of the apartment inhabited by his girlfriend and a roommate. Stewart also kicked in a bedroom door in the incident. When police talked with Stewart, he became verbally combative, and resisted arrest as he was being put into handcuffs. He continued to pull away and resist as police took him into custody.

Stewart is charged with felony criminal trespass, misdemeanor resisting arrest and criminal mischief and summary disorderly conduct. He was arraigned and eventually taken to Indiana County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bail, with a preliminary hearing set for November 6th.

You can report news by emailing us at [email protected].
    How foolish. Also wondering where this guy’s friends were to help keep him out of trouble and maybe talk him out of making a bad decision. Maybe he doesn’t have any. Regardless, this type of behavior needs to be run out of the program, period. I don’t care how good a player is, it should be zero tolerance. Even if charges are dropped he clearly kicked in a couple doors and resisted arrest. That’s enough to tell me this is a bad guy you don’t want hanging around.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP ran out of steam with a very short bench tonight but put up a great fight for 30 minutes. It's going to be another big year in the KCAC.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP men's basketball is winning 33-32 at the half ... at Syracuse.

Joe has one starter and two key reserves out tonight.

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied
    Originally posted by OldSchool IUP View Post

Hope the best also. I think he is dealing with more than we know. He put out a Disturbing Tweet.
    Did he take the tweet down? Looking through it now and all I see is Football.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X