• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series!!

Nobody saw this coming.

HAIL TO THE INDIANBEARHAWKS!

GO IUP!!!

Comment

• …at least East Dennyburg can raise their we beat IUP twice banner…

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

You beat me to using that phrase! ( I do think it's Man O' Day, though.)

IUP wins the Atlantic Super Regional in Baseball!

Woohoo!
        Yes. Typo lol

Comment

After 5 full, SHU and IUP are tied at 4-4. I would say IUP needs to work on their bunting.
          Great way to spend the afternoon. The atmosphere was electric, especially when IUP grabbed the lead late and the closer looked dominant. Today was the biggest day in IUP Baseball history, but there’s a little more work to do.

As for the bunting, these teams almost never bunt during the regular season and it comes back to bite them in these types of game where they play a little more small ball. You might think bunting is easy but it’s certainly not, especially if you’re not dedicating reps to it like you to regular batting practice. They got 2-4 down today, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Great way to spend the afternoon. The atmosphere was electric, especially when IUP grabbed the lead late and the closer looked dominant. Today was the biggest day in IUP Baseball history, but there’s a little more work to do.

As for the bunting, these teams almost never bunt during the regular season and it comes back to bite them in these types of game where they play a little more small ball. You might think bunting is easy but it’s certainly not, especially if you’re not dedicating reps to it like you to regular batting practice. They got 2-4 down today, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t bad.
            How big of a crowd?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

How big of a crowd?
              I couldn’t give you a number but it was the biggest crowd I ever saw there. Yesterday was big too, similar to today. The entire hillside on the third base line was full. They were several rows deep near both dugouts and bleachers on both sides were full.

Comment

How big of a crowd?
                It was fantastic. The Top of the 9th felt like a football game (not one here, mind you, but one at a place that actually cheers).

Comment

I couldn’t give you a number but it was the biggest crowd I ever saw there. Yesterday was big too, similar to today. The entire hillside on the third base line was full. They were several rows deep near both dugouts and bleachers on both sides were full.
                  Outstanding!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It was fantastic. The Top of the 9th felt like a football game (not one here, mind you, but one at a place that actually cheers).
                    Can you hear the sneering over the possibility IUP sweeping the three men’s major sports every year?

Comment

Can you hear the sneering over the possibility IUP sweeping the three men’s major sports every year?
                      I like Tort's team heading in to next year. I cannot say the same about Joe's.

This IUP Baseball team is very young.

Comment

• IUP is seeded 5th and faces #4 Pont Loma on 6/1 in the first game of the D2 Series.

Why not us?

Comment

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The program has definitely turned around under Kline’s direction but keeping him here will be the challenge. DII baseball head coaching jobs don’t pay well at all, at least not at state schools. Let’s just enjoy this now because it hasn’t happened before and it’s hard to say when it will happen again.

This is a pretty magical run but I’m not sure I’d call any of this an upset. IUP’s record is up there with anyone in the Atlantic Region and they won 5-7 over Seton Hill. They had a slow start and fell off everyone’s radar but started peaking down the stretch.

Comment

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The program has definitely turned around under Kline’s direction but keeping him here will be the challenge. DII baseball head coaching jobs don’t pay well at all, at least not at state schools. Let’s just enjoy this now because it hasn’t happened before and it’s hard to say when it will happen again.

This is a pretty magical run but I’m not sure I’d call any of this an upset. IUP’s record is up there with anyone in the Atlantic Region and they won 5-7 over Seton Hill. They had a slow start and fell off everyone’s radar but started peaking down the stretch.
                            We can dream can’t we? I’d love to see IUP sweep these three every year just to give the finger to the Home Office In Lock Haven.

Comment

I try not to get ahead of myself and I'm definitely enjoying this in the moment. Kline is a pretty down to earth guy. I don't think he's looking to climb some college coaching ladder. If he wanted to climb a coaching ladder he would have done it in pro baseball. He seems to be all in on the IUP lifestyle and appears to be enjoying it. After so many years of the pro lifestyle it's a different phase of life for him. Since he's from Lewisburg, Indiana is like coming home. In his interview with Jack after the game, he's talking about the collegiality among the IUP coaches from different sports, Jack is talking to him about his involvement in the community, and on and on. Kline is a great addition to the IUP family.

Comment

I try not to get ahead of myself and I'm definitely enjoying this in the moment. Kline is a pretty down to earth guy. I don't think he's looking to climb some college coaching ladder. If he wanted to climb a coaching ladder he would have done it in pro baseball. He seems to be all in on the IUP lifestyle and appears to be enjoying it. After so many years of the pro lifestyle it's a different phase of life for him. Since he's from Lewisburg, Indiana is like coming home. In his interview with Jack after the game, he's talking about the collegiality among the IUP coaches from different sports, Jack is talking to him about his involvement in the community, and on and on. Kline is a great addition to the IUP family.
                                He's obviously well-received by top recruits, too, as he inherited a 2-35 roster and three years later won the Regional.

I've heard they are getting blown up by transfers wanting to play for him.

He holds his players to a very high standard. They will certainly get an earful when they screw up.

This team is so young. The pitcher who closed the game out yesterday (and struck out the side in the 9th) is a freshman. They are loaded with sophomores. It's quite the story.

The expectations were building but I think most thought next year would be the big push. This was obviously a nice surprise.

Taking 5 of 7 from SH is quite the accomplishment. That's an incredible program.

​​​​​

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X