Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Seton Hill being a top-notch program, part of the reason for the big crowds this weekend was due to their fans. I’ll bet it was close to 50/50 in terms of fan support. It’s not a far trip from Greensburg obviously but they still did it and they had all the team gear. I’m guessing for many in the crowd on the IUP side it was the first games they’ve seen all season. I have a hunch that’s going to change going forward after this run. I know I’ll be picking up an IUP Baseball shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Great way to spend the afternoon. The atmosphere was electric, especially when IUP grabbed the lead late and the closer looked dominant. Today was the biggest day in IUP Baseball history, but there’s a little more work to do.

As for the bunting, these teams almost never bunt during the regular season and it comes back to bite them in these types of game where they play a little more small ball. You might think bunting is easy but it’s certainly not, especially if you’re not dedicating reps to it like you to regular batting practice. They got 2-4 down today, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t bad.
      The only thing I question with the bunting is...why the F is Owens bunting with bases loaded with less than 2 out in the 5th? That's the spot where you're trying to break the game open but nope, bunts right into a double play!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The only thing I question with the bunting is...why the F is Owens bunting with bases loaded with less than 2 out in the 5th? That's the spot where you're trying to break the game open but nope, bunts right into a double play!
        That was the moment I thought they could have ended the game. Getting some more there may have taken the wind out of SH's sails.

SH going with the bullpen first (pitcher per inning for first four innings in final game) was an interesting strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I think he did it on his own. I believe he has the green light to bunt when he sees a certain defensive configuration due to his speed. He’s not a great hitter and maybe didn’t like the matchup and thought that was the best way to get the ball in play. The bunt was obviously awful but part of it was due to him trying to lay it down while starting up the line. The runner on third came down the line on contact, which to me signifies a safety squeeze.

It was either a called play that was poorly executed or Owens did it on his own and just didn’t put the ball on the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think he did it on his own. I believe he has the green light to bunt when he sees a certain defensive configuration due to his speed. He’s not a great hitter and maybe didn’t like the matchup and thought that was the best way to get the ball in play. The bunt was obviously awful but part of it was due to him trying to lay it down while starting up the line. The runner on third came down the line on contact, which to me signifies a safety squeeze.

It was either a called play that was poorly executed or Owens did it on his own and just didn’t put the ball on the ground.
            Bottom line is there were force outs everywhere. You NEVER bunt in that situation, PERIOD!!! You never run a safety squeeze with bases loaded. That's baseball 101.

Comment

• 99 Days to Kickoff

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                99 Days to Kickoff
                I kind of want the summer to go very slow.

Comment

• I see that IRMC has taken control of Mack Park from the J.S. Mack Foundation. This might have implications for IUP in the future, especially due to the IUP/IRMC relationship for the medical school.

Seems like a good deal. There is no new construction permitted for a 10 year period. IRMC says that the Fair and the Pool will not be affected.

I didn't know the relationship of J.S. Mack and the G.C. Murphy department store chain. I enjoy company histories so I looked it up. G.C. Murphy died a few years after starting his first store in McKeesport. The company was purchased by J.S. Mack and another guy. Mack developed the retail chain. Mack was from Brush Valley, a few miles up Rte. 56 from Indiana.

Note: As IUP fans know, Mack Park sits adjacent to IRMC and to the IUP campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                    I see that IRMC has taken control of Mack Park from the J.S. Mack Foundation. This might have implications for IUP in the future, especially due to the IUP/IRMC relationship for the medical school.

Seems like a good deal. There is no new construction permitted for a 10 year period. IRMC says that the Fair and the Pool will not be affected.

I didn't know the relationship of J.S. Mack and the G.C. Murphy department store chain. I enjoy company histories so I looked it up. G.C. Murphy died a few years after starting his first store in McKeesport. The company was purchased by J.S. Mack and another guy. Mack developed the retail chain. Mack was from Brush Valley, a few miles up Rte. 56 from Indiana.

Note: As IUP fans know, Mack Park sits adjacent to IRMC and to the IUP campus.
                    Do they use the track for anything?

Comment

Don't see your point there, Mr. Voice.
                      The comment was made that ESU was a #2 Seed, but was hosting the Regional Pod. I gave the explanation why...2 Regional Pods = 2 hosts. The #1 Seed was West Chester, the #2 Seed was ESU...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

The comment was made that ESU was a #2 Seed, but was hosting the Regional Pod. I gave the explanation why...2 Regional Pods = 2 hosts. The #1 Seed was West Chester, the #2 Seed was ESU...
                        Who wound up winning the region?

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Thanks for the explanation. Sometimes I can't fully comprehend the back and forth between you and Nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Do they use the track for anything?
                            I am not the most qualified person to answer this but I think they use the track for equestrian events during the Indiana Fair. I think that's the extent of its use.

Comment

I am not the most qualified person to answer this but I think they use the track for equestrian events during the Indiana Fair. I think that's the extent of its use.
                              The track gets used (formally) during Fair Week for various events. The other 51 weeks of the year, it is used by some walkers/runners. It is a giant track ... not sure the exact distance but I'd guess at least double a standard athletic track.

The Fairgrounds ... interesting piece of property. Mack Park gets a good amount of use, but down below (the Fairgrounds) by and large sit empty 51 weeks a year. It's obviously a huge lot of land. I'm sure both IUP and IRMC would love to get their hands on it. Of course, the 'dump' boarders one side of it. Not sure that will ever get cleaned up. I wish they'd at least fence it in (so you can't see inside).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The track gets used (formally) during Fair Week for various events. The other 51 weeks of the year, it is used by some walkers/runners. It is a giant track ... not sure the exact distance but I'd guess at least double a standard athletic track.

The Fairgrounds ... interesting piece of property. Mack Park gets a good amount of use, but down below (the Fairgrounds) by and large sit empty 51 weeks a year. It's obviously a huge lot of land. I'm sure both IUP and IRMC would love to get their hands on it. Of course, the 'dump' boarders one side of it. Not sure that will ever get cleaned up. I wish they'd at least fence it in (so you can't see inside).
                                I appreciate junk. Me and Fred Sanford.

I think I read once that the track is a half mile oval.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X