Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

unfortunate turn of events, ND DE bailed last second to take his Kent offer. Plenty of time to grab someone else but that would have been a nice one to have.
    Such is the Portal life. Kent was 1-11 I believe which is horrendous considering the MAC in itself is a sub par league. So instead of playing against Ashland/ LH/ Millersville to open sesson he will face Pitt/ Tennessee/Penn State. Yikes good luck with that . Lose one gain one according to X . Hunter’s old WR from Mesa heading East. Very interesting indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Such is the Portal life. Kent was 1-11 I believe which is horrendous considering the MAC in itself is a sub par league. So instead of playing against Ashland/ LH/ Millersville to open sesson he will face Pitt/ Tennessee/Penn State. Yikes good luck with that . Lose one gain one according to X . Hunter’s old WR from Mesa heading East. Very interesting indeed.
      Aren't there other top-flight DE's in the mix?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Aren't there other top-flight DE's in the mix?
        There are tons of 'homeless' players available -- many of which will not find new homes.

There's some chatter going around but nothing concrete yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There are tons of 'homeless' players available -- many of which will not find new homes.

There's some chatter going around but nothing concrete yet.
          I can’t imagine there are many, if any impact players left at this point. Of course, someone new could enter the portal I suppose but I think that gets less likely with each passing day.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I can’t imagine there are many, if any impact players left at this point. Of course, someone new could enter the portal I suppose but I think that gets less likely with each passing day.
            Well, for Alabama ... maybe not. But, for IUP, I'd venture to guess there are lots of impact players available.

For instance, this WR they just signed could make a huge impact this Fall.

Comment

I agree with IUPbigIndians. There are so many players out there who are still waiting to be picked up from programs that have been lost like AB. D2 starting experience is still D2 starting experience. There are also D3 programs being shut down (most of the colleges closing are D3 sports) with players who could probably start or contend at most PSAC programs. I tend to believe there's a 1/3 overlap between divisions. In the old times pre-internet recruiting and Twitter, there had to be dozens of overlooked quality players who didn't have coaches making calls and fell through the cracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Were you the one who had to apply the Heimlich Maneuver on your beisbol team?

Hosting with a 2 seed.

Only had to beat the 6 seed once to advance and host a Super Regional vs the Arch Enemy off the Poconos in IUP.

Choked.

Couldn't happen to a better school.

IUP is playing with House Money….
                There were 2 pods, hosted by the top 2 seeds...West Chester and ESU...Can you count to two??

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

There were 2 pods, hosted by the top 2 seeds...West Chester and ESU...Can you count to two??
                  Don't see your point there, Mr. Voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I agree with IUPbigIndians. There are so many players out there who are still waiting to be picked up from programs that have been lost like AB. D2 starting experience is still D2 starting experience. There are also D3 programs being shut down (most of the colleges closing are D3 sports) with players who could probably start or contend at most PSAC programs. I tend to believe there's a 1/3 overlap between divisions. In the old times pre-internet recruiting and Twitter, there had to be dozens of overlooked quality players who didn't have coaches making calls and fell through the cracks.
                    I don’t disagree that there are a lot of players. I was talking more about players that would come in and make a big impact. My thought is most of the best players are signed at this point, but this is just my assumption/opinion.

Comment

• Nation's dream year continues:

https://psacsports.org/news/2024/5/2...on-trophy.aspx

Comment

I don’t disagree that there are a lot of players. I was talking more about players that would come in and make a big impact. My thought is most of the best players are signed at this point, but this is just my assumption/opinion.
                        I really like the WR they just signed. He's a big, physical player. Granted, the Karst connection no doubt contributed to him landing in Indiana.

But, remember the football transfer season is a long journey. Spring Ball is over and grades just came out a week ago. Those two items dump another slew of players in to the pot.

It's a tense time for the fringe players on the current roster. For instance, this WR isn't coming here to ride the pine. So, somebody is getting bumped back (or, out).

I suspect Tort is far from finished shopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Who is hosting the regional final?

BAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            At least they won it being in the State Game.

Im okay with a school that is good in foosball winning it. It’s the few times its legit.
                            Last edited by IUPNation; 05-23-2024, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

At least they won it being in the State Game.

Im okay with a school that is good in foosball winning it. It’s the few times its legit.
                              Well, it would be real easy (if so inclined) to run a matrix on the 'revenue sports'. By definition, that's football and men's/women's basketball (although, calling women's basketball a 'revenue' sport at 90 percent of our campuses is quite hilarious).

For purposes of your angle, IUP would have done very well in this 'revenue sports' matrix the past 10 years (obviously the debacle of '23-'24 not withstanding). The year prior IUP won football and men's basketball (Joe was on a four-year streak of PSAC titles).

Comment

• SH took Game 1, 5-4.

Game 2 tomorrow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X