X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think the Giant Eagle Express was eliminated overall, so maybe the Indiana location was a victim to a larger strategic move. The only "express" location I remember seeing anymore is a Market District Express on Rt 19 in Upper St Clair. There are some expanded GetGo locations but I they don't seem to have the young people following like Sheetz & Wawa. Just like if they put a flagship Turkey Hill in Millersville, the Sheetz would still do better.
    I believe they did eliminate GE Express altogether. The closing of the store in Indiana had much to do with a lot of product getting legs. It was a nice model. I think it could succeed in a town like Indiana, or a college town in general. It had a nice ability to pull in all sorts of customers.

Great small grocery store for those on-campus or just off campus who did not have a car. Expansive menu of already prepared hot and cold items. Made to order touch screens like Sheetz, Wawa, Getgo, etc. Seating that it managed to be used as a study area/coffee shop for the yuppie/hipster type students. It had a very nice draw and appeal. I remember going there to get food with friends on weekend nights when other things were closed.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Who was ripping it off?
    The students who were taking goods out of the store without paying.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

To think there once were once two super markets within walking distance of campus along Wayne Ave. The old Riverside which became a Bi Lo and then the Giant Iggle. The Riverside was much nicer than the Giant Iggle.
    Yeah the old Giant Eagle near campus was a dump.

The Giant Eagle Express was fantastic. One stop shop.

The other BILO is still hanging on. Martin's (in Regency Plaza) is very nice.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It's a real shame that the Giant Eagle Express was getting ripped off as much as they were and had to close. That was a really nice store when I was on campus. It was a nice place to go pick up some grocery items for students without a car. They had all the same made to order food offerings of a GetGo and more. And they had a lot of other prepared stuff too to purchase. Nice seating area too. Were open late on the weekends. Fancy coffee offerings for people in the morning. It was a nice model.

That was a great size and location for that too.
    To think there once were once two super markets within walking distance of campus along Wayne Ave. The old Riverside which became a Bi Lo and then the Giant Iggle. The Riverside was much nicer than the Giant Iggle.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

It's a real shame that the Giant Eagle Express was getting ripped off as much as they were and had to close. That was a really nice store when I was on campus. It was a nice place to go pick up some grocery items for students without a car. They had all the same made to order food offerings of a GetGo and more. And they had a lot of other prepared stuff too to purchase. Nice seating area too. Were open late on the weekends. Fancy coffee offerings for people in the morning. It was a nice model.

I think the Giant Eagle Express was eliminated overall, so maybe the Indiana location was a victim to a larger strategic move. The only "express" location I remember seeing anymore is a Market District Express on Rt 19 in Upper St Clair. There are some expanded GetGo locations but I they don't seem to have the young people following like Sheetz & Wawa. Just like if they put a flagship Turkey Hill in Millersville, the Sheetz would still do better.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Who was ripping it off?

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Dunkin is going down the street a bit near the new DG Market. That’s a done deal after months of ridiculous political posturing over the proposed Philly Street location.

I’m curious what will end up at the location once Sheetz is gone. Seems like a great place for another vape shop! Maybe a combined vape/coffee/pawn shop. Joking aside, I’m not sure what’s left to do there. The DG Market is casting a big shadow over it now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You're pretty much the minority if you aren't inked up these days -- especially in the 15 to 24 demographic.
    It’s so beyond tired.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tatted up people is so cliche these days.
    You're pretty much the minority if you aren't inked up these days -- especially in the 15 to 24 demographic.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

It's actually pretty nice. Much better than a typical DG.
    We only have Dollar Tree near me and it’s in a repurposed Walgreens.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

How about a 6th tattoo parlor?
    Tatted up people is so cliche these days.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Dollar General has a market? Is it scary?
    It's actually pretty nice. Much better than a typical DG.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Dunkin is going down the street a bit near the new DG Market. That’s a done deal after months of ridiculous political posturing over the proposed Philly Street location.

I’m curious what will end up at the location once Sheetz is gone. Seems like a great place for another vape shop! Maybe a combined vape/coffee/pawn shop. Joking aside, I’m not sure what’s left to do there. The DG Market is casting a big shadow over it now.
    How about a 6th tattoo parlor?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Dollar General has a market? Is it scary?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

It will be the same issue. They can't put gas there so it's just a 'market' location. So, there's no business from May 7 to end of August.

Dunkin Donuts has been in a pissing match with the borough over a location on Philly St.

I could see them moving in there. Starbucks could also go in but it would cripple the other 7 mom-pop coffee shops in town so Indiana may keep them out.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X