X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yeah but they were before they got here. What's that tell you?
    There were people saying Karst Hunter couldn’t play QB at a high level before the season started. I didn’t “watch the tape” to formulate that opinion. But those in that minority were spot on.

We can cut this up multiple ways. Bottom line is they just aren’t very good.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I edited to include.

But I'm not sure that has anything to do with Karst Hunter throwing a horrific pick in the end zone. Or the OL looking completely useless.

We sold the additions of many individuals who simply aren't very good.
    Yeah but they were before they got here. What's that tell you?

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Your coaching staff stinks, too. Don't leave that out. Tort is lost.
    I edited to include.

But I'm not sure that has anything to do with Karst Hunter throwing a horrific pick in the end zone. Or the OL looking completely useless.

We sold the additions of many individuals who simply aren't very good.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    A lot of people spent a ton of time talking about how great this team was going to be, about how nasty they were going to be, etc.

Karst Hunter looks horrible. We were told that he was the most highly sought after transfer on not just the D2 market, but for many FCS schools too.

The offensive line is porous. Multiple people on here said that this was the biggest OL in the region. The most talented OL in the region. I’ll stop.

We were told these transfers for a sure thing. Some of the best import talent in the country. Lol

The defense looks soft and unprepared. They were utterly gashed.

I get that there’s little information in the way of a news cycle for D2 football. What happens kind of happens. Nobody really knows anything. But man there were a ton of mouth pieces for the program who sold everyone a bill of goods (or maybe they were sold a bill of goods). This team is average at best. Hunter isn’t good... And that OL that everyone was drooling over. Holy cow it’s bad.

This blew up. And every poster/fan from those other programs on here have every right and reason to eviscerate this thread.
    Your coaching staff stinks, too. Don't leave that out. Tort is lost.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    A lot of people spent a ton of time talking about how great this team was going to be, about how nasty they were going to be, etc.

Karst Hunter looks horrible. We were told that he was the most highly sought after transfer on not just the D2 market, but for many FCS schools too.

The offensive line is porous. Multiple people on here said that this was the biggest OL in the region. The most talented OL in the region. I’ll stop.

We were told these transfers were a sure thing. Some of the best import talent in the country. Lol

The defense looks soft and unprepared. They were utterly gashed.

I get that there’s little information in the way of a news cycle for D2 football. What happens kind of happens. Nobody really knows anything. But man there were a ton of mouth pieces for the program who sold everyone a bill of goods (or maybe they were sold a bill of goods). This team is average at best. Hunter isn’t good... And that OL that everyone was drooling over. Holy cow it’s bad.

The coaching staff is pretty horrific too. Outcoached tonight badly. No focus a few weeks ago.

This blew up. And every poster/fan from those other programs on here have every right and reason to eviscerate this thread.
    Last edited by IUP24; 10-01-2023, 06:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    The last (10) games between IUP and SRU are an even split. IUP has won the last two meetings.

From an IUP view, three of these were painful losses (2015, 2018 and 2019). Three losses by a combined (7) points. Tort is 3-2 vs SRU (and 2-1 as the visiting team). The recent trend is when IUP wins this game, it does so fairly comfortably. When IUP loses this game, it's been pretty tight.

-
    YEAR WINNER SCORE VENUE
    2022 IUP 20-12 Indiana
    2021 IUP 48-21 Slippery Rock
    2019 SRU 45-42 Slippery Rock
    2018 SRU 30-27 Indiana
    2017 IUP 34-17 Slippery Rock
    2016 IUP 48-19 Indiana
    2015 SRU 40-39 Slippery Rock
    2014 SRU 31-21 Indiana
    2013 SRU 42-16 Slippery Rock
    2012 IUP 33-16 Indiana
    That 2017 game is very memorable. IUP was losing. Had no momentum. Backed up near their own goal line. Samir Bullock broke a tackle that would've been a safety. Busts off a huge TD run. It was all IUP after.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    I like to think of SRU as being the overdog.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Slimey hasn’t faced any adversity yet…so how they handle a bump up in competition will be the key.
    Correct. SRU is going to kill everybody, every season, right up until the moment they don't.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

That's debatable in reality
    Slimey hasn’t faced any adversity yet…so how they handle a bump up in competition will be the key.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Well..they are the underdog going into the game.
    That's debatable in reality

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Great quote from Darius Bruce last night on the Tort Show:

"We gotta see them ... but, they gotta see us, too."

I think Tort is a magician at playing up this 'underdog' role. He has his faults. But, getting them to play on the road may be his biggest strength. He's now 24-3 away from Miller.

I doubt they'll be gifted another Chad Kuhn interview again this year (like two years ago), but I think he loves going up there as the perceived dog.
    Well..they are the underdog going into the game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Great quote from Darius Bruce last night on the Tort Show:

"We gotta see them ... but, they gotta see us, too."

I think Tort is a magician at playing up this 'underdog' role. He has his faults. But, getting them to play on the road may be his biggest strength. He's now 24-3 away from Miller.

I doubt they'll be gifted another Chad Kuhn interview again this year (like two years ago), but I think he loves going up there as the perceived dog.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The last (10) games between IUP and SRU are an even split. IUP has won the last two meetings.

From an IUP view, three of these were painful losses (2015, 2018 and 2019). Three losses by a combined (7) points. Tort is 3-2 vs SRU (and 2-1 as the visiting team). The recent trend is when IUP wins this game, it does so fairly comfortably. When IUP loses this game, it's been pretty tight.

-
    YEAR WINNER SCORE VENUE
    2022 IUP 20-12 Indiana
    2021 IUP 48-21 Slippery Rock
    2019 SRU 45-42 Slippery Rock
    2018 SRU 30-27 Indiana
    2017 IUP 34-17 Slippery Rock
    2016 IUP 48-19 Indiana
    2015 SRU 40-39 Slippery Rock
    2014 SRU 31-21 Indiana
    2013 SRU 42-16 Slippery Rock
    2012 IUP 33-16 Indiana

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Curt using smart phone evidence to try to get a call overturned.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/09/jam...j0oa7pone28x4c

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Geez, the Cubs went 108 years without winning the WS. Forty-five years is ancient history. The Bears will be up to 38 years without winning a Super Bowl. The Hawks have won more Stanley Cups than the Flyers, but they were one of the original six and had a drought of almost 50 years between their 1961 Stanley Cup and the next one. White Sox titles have been extremely rare. Why not just agree that both cities have not done very well for quite a while.
    Chicago has more titles. Philadelphia takes way more gut punches

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X