X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Crimson Abomination was cause for termination in my book.
    He did bless us with years and years of Ghostbusters.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

At most PASSHE schools the marching band is actually a course taught by a professor/instructor. At best an academic department program. So the "director" is really just a faculty member subject to the union CBA. Hard to remove without wrongdoing or running them off.
    Crimson Abomination was cause for termination in my book.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Some positive news to report…the Marching Band has returned to the lineup at the Marching Band Festival in Allentown…an event where they were one of the top headliners on the docket not that long ago. So glad we have a new Director…why the last one was allowed to stay so long is beyond me. He slowly wrecked what Doc built over the years.
    At most PASSHE schools the marching band is actually a course taught by a professor/instructor. At best an academic department program. So the "director" is really just a faculty member subject to the union CBA. Hard to remove without wrongdoing or running them off.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Some positive news to report…the Marching Band has returned to the lineup at the Marching Band Festival in Allentown…an event where they were one of the top headliners on the docket not that long ago. So glad we have a new Director…why the last one was allowed to stay so long is beyond me. He slowly wrecked what Doc built over the years.

Leave a comment:

• PSAC Fan
    replied
    Scouting Ashland:
    • Five of their top ten leading tacklers are gone including Ayers who was drafted into the XFL.
    • Two DB’s and one Safety returns with experience. DB Prude recognized as 1st team All-Great Midwest Honors
    • Defensive Line mostly intact from last year.
    • Two top running backs return with over 1,700 yds between the two.
    • Last year’s QB graduated. Looks as though backup from last year will start (6’5 240)-didn’t see any listed QB transfers on roster.
    • Top two receivers graduated.
    • Return 3 starters on the Offensive Line and another with significant time -Center, Guard, and Tackle
    • New Head Coach who has been an assistant at Ashland for 19 yrs.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Don’t forget Tyrone Fowler did not play last season. He is the best D end in the region. The inside should be interesting. I am curious to see how the transfer from Lackawanna/Shepherd is going to be.
    Tyrone Fowler is going to give a lot of opposing OL nightmares this year. He is a scary dude. I saw him last week working out at the stadium. Looks like the Hulk.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Crimson Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I thought of this theory. There could be some merit to it. They certainly are giving up some size this year on the DL but should be much faster. They lost some 300 pound guys and are replacing them more in the 255-265 range. Remember it works both ways. Some big boy OLs have trouble with faster players over the course of a game. They get worn out.

And, of course, this is if you actually believe the listed weights (last year and this year).
    Don’t forget Tyrone Fowler did not play last season. He is the best D end in the region. The inside should be interesting. I am curious to see how the transfer from Lackawanna/Shepherd is going to be.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I thought of this theory. There could be some merit to it. They certainly are giving up some size this year on the DL but should be much faster. They lost some 300 pound guys and are replacing them more in the 255-265 range. Remember it works both ways. Some big boy OLs have trouble with faster players over the course of a game. They get worn out.

And, of course, this is if you actually believe the listed weights (last year and this year).
    I don't really feel like going out on a limb and making predictions - however - I think the interior defensive linemen will be fine. There are different parts but, like offense, they do work together. On a 1-10 scale my expectations for the secondary are about a 9, the DE's are a 9, the LB's are a 7.5. So, if the DT's can be a 5 or 6, which I expect, the defense is going to be pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

This is the biggest question mark coming into the season in my opinion. With tall of the weapons on offense, this team is going to score. Can IUP stop the run though? DiNunzio-Biss was productive last year, but he was playing behind some guys that could take up space. On paper at least it’s a different task for him this year. I guess we’ll see in a few weeks.

Thinking about it a little more, there may be some method to the madness of going quicker and smaller on the DL. Most teams take snaps from the gun these days and run spread offenses with a lot of quick passes and little traditional running game. IUP is about as traditional on offense as it gets in that regard, but I expect that to change a bit this season.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Crimson Hawk
    replied
    Wow this offense is loaded. I understand IUP has had some great O lines but looking at that O line on the roster I would put it up with anyone in the country. Not to mention the Hawks landed the number 1 D2 Transfer QB in the portal Karst Hunter. should be interesting who is the number 2 QB. WR and TE room is massively big in size and loaded as well.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Man, the middle of the DL is rather small and young. I hope this does not affects Drew DiNunzio-Biss' productivity. I hope the D-Coord plan on rotating these guys in and out to keep them somewhat fresh.
    This is the biggest question mark coming into the season in my opinion. With tall of the weapons on offense, this team is going to score. Can IUP stop the run though? DiNunzio-Biss was productive last year, but he was playing behind some guys that could take up space. On paper at least it’s a different task for him this year. I guess we’ll see in a few weeks.

Thinking about it a little more, there may be some method to the madness of going quicker and smaller on the DL. Most teams take snaps from the gun these days and run spread offenses with a lot of quick passes and little traditional running game. IUP is about as traditional on offense as it gets in that regard, but I expect that to change a bit this season.
    Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 08-07-2023, 05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

I'm sure Karst Hunter is pretty pleased. Derek Lockhart, Hilton Ridley and Quinn Zinoble is an incredible, experienced trio. Ironically, Lockhart lit up IUP in the past and Zinoble also had two big games against IUP. They've all three played a lot of D2 football (and some D1). The best part is none of them are your typical 'me first' WR diva types. They are all three pretty level-headed, humble players.

The 'speedster' group behind them is pretty intriguing as well. Isaiah Houser, Daniel Deabner and Omar Stewart would all three start at many other places.

There's two more WR transfers in Sebastian Campbell (Colorado Mesa) and Jack Goodrich (West Florida). Campbell is a possession-type WR and Goodrich is another big target in the 6'4" range.

Tort also has three really big TEs in Cole Laney (6'6", 247 lbs), Fairmont State transfer Tanner Krevokuch (6'5", 238 lbs) and Temple transfer Marcus Day (6'4", 242 lbs). We know Laney is very athletic for his size. We'll see the other two soon enough.
    Man, the middle of the DL is rather small and young. I hope this does not affects Drew DiNunzio-Biss' productivity. I hope the D-Coord plan on rotating these guys in and out to keep them somewhat fresh.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Most likely 3 starting wideouts are a listed 6’3 according to roster. And that is not fabricated that is a definite. That could spell trouble in the west.
    I'm sure Karst Hunter is pretty pleased. Derek Lockhart, Hilton Ridley and Quinn Zinoble is an incredible, experienced trio. Ironically, Lockhart lit up IUP in the past and Zinoble also had two big games against IUP. They've all three played a lot of D2 football (and some D1). The best part is none of them are your typical 'me first' WR diva types. They are all three pretty level-headed, humble players.

The 'speedster' group behind them is pretty intriguing as well. Isaiah Houser, Daniel Deabner and Omar Stewart would all three start at many other places.

There's two more WR transfers in Sebastian Campbell (Colorado Mesa) and Jack Goodrich (West Florida). Campbell is a possession-type WR and Goodrich is another big target in the 6'4" range.

Tort also has three really big TEs in Cole Laney (6'6", 247 lbs), Fairmont State transfer Tanner Krevokuch (6'5", 238 lbs) and Temple transfer Marcus Day (6'4", 242 lbs). We know Laney is very athletic for his size. We'll see the other two soon enough.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 08-07-2023, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    The official roster is posted.

Logan Danielson is listed. IUP has waited a long time to see him on the DL.

McLean Djouha is (as expected) now official. Quite a relief for the program to get a 6'7", 320 lb OL back with 30 career starts.

Randy Washington is listed at RB (formerly a DB).

Chance Battle (6'6", 355) is listed as a transfer OL from Lackawanna. Kelechi Okoro (6'4", 291) from Concord and Daric Cotman (6'4", 290) from UVA-Wise have both arrived.

I didn't see any 'surprise' additions. Seems like the board knew about everybody.
    Most likely 3 starting wideouts are a listed 6’3 according to roster. And that is not fabricated that is a definite. That could spell trouble in the west.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    The official roster is posted.

Logan Danielson is listed. IUP has waited a long time to see him on the DL.

McLean Djouha is (as expected) now official. Quite a relief for the program to get a 6'7", 320 lb OL back with 30 career starts.

Randy Washington is listed at RB (formerly a DB).

Chance Battle (6'6", 355) is listed as a transfer OL from Lackawanna. Kelechi Okoro (6'4", 291) from Concord and Daric Cotman (6'4", 290) from UVA-Wise have both arrived.

I didn't see any 'surprise' additions. Seems like the board knew about everybody.
    That roster is loaded. Now it's up to the coaching staff to make it work. No Dylan Grubb but whoever was doing the punting last year (Spitler, Andrasi?) did a really good job so I think punting is covered.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X