• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Appears no band
    I’ll bet it Cal or Slippery Rock had home games today their bands would be there. Almost guaranteed to be the least exciting atmosphere for a DII playoff game in the country.

Maybe they’ll have the Indiana High School band there. I feel like I remember something like that in the past. That’s the best chance we’d have of hearing Cherokee again, LOL. Could also bring in the Sharon’s School of Dance team in for entertainment. They do a great job at basketball games.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Looking forward to attending my first game today since 2018. Weather should be terrific for a great game against a great Ashland team.
    Welcome back!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Appears no band
    Come on! Need the full atmospere.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Appears no band

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by eagler927 View Post
    Ashland curious about iUP’s injuries. Coach Tortorella was not giving a lean one way or another as to whether your injured RB and WR will play Saturday. Anyone out there have a feel for their availability?
    If I was betting Brown will play and Stewart will not.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I find it amazing that he can keep the status of these players secret.
    Why? Happens all the time. They don't have to show their hand until warm-ups start.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Ashland curious about iUP’s injuries. Coach Tortorella was not giving a lean one way or another as to whether your injured RB and WR will play Saturday. Anyone out there have a feel for their availability?
    I find it amazing that he can keep the status of these players secret.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Good luck to IUP today. Would love to see an all-PSAC final.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Looking forward to attending my first game today since 2018. Weather should be terrific for a great game against a great Ashland team.
    Go to the Co-Op Store and get some IUP Gear. It gets the team pumped up when they look up into the bleachers.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Your guess is as good as ours. “Questionable” is the official word as of a few days ago.

Leave a comment:

• eagler927
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    This exact game drew 1,650 in 2017 to Miller Stadium.

Granted, it was a Round 2 rematch of a West Chester team IUP had throttled in the PSAC Championship two weeks prior. So, perhaps some found it unattractive. IUP went on to win, 44-10.

Tomorrow is a wild card. Campus is empty. It will be very nice for late November.

I'd love to see 3,500 (and all the parking lot boozers actually come in to the game).

I think that would be a strong gate based on the timing.
    I think it’s going to be a pretty light crowd tomorrow considering what’s at stake. The combination of the holiday weekend, students being away, and the first day of firearms deer season is going to have an impact. There’s probably also a skewed perception by some that IUP is the higher seed and will win this week, so they’ll just wait and come next week. Speaking of students being away, what about the band? Cheerleaders? I don’t remember what they did the last time this came up.

For whatever reason, smaller crowds tend to make more noise on the IUP side of things so maybe it will be a blessing. I bought my ticket on Wednesday and at that time I pretty much had my choice of row and seat number. I was hoping it was going to be harder than that.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    This exact game drew 1,650 in 2017 to Miller Stadium.

Granted, it was a Round 2 rematch of a West Chester team IUP had throttled in the PSAC Championship two weeks prior. So, perhaps some found it unattractive. IUP went on to win, 44-10.

Tomorrow is a wild card. Campus is empty. It will be very nice for late November.

I'd love to see 3,500 (and all the parking lot boozers actually come in to the game).

I think that would be a strong gate based on the timing.
    It doesn’t look like a Talking Ball Bro tailgate is happening. Pity.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Most of the parking lot boozers aren’t there for the game.
    You don't go for the fights?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X