Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Loosely following some recruiting in the WPIAL.

I know one thing for sure: Clarion has offered every player in the WPIAL.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Back to Edinboro
    Sounds like they have plenty of room available.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Unless you go to D1, where is there to go?
    Back to Edinboro

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP got through 'Portal Week' with only two departures. Both (Krug and Woody) were deep bench guys.

The first 7 days after the last game is the danger zone for players leaving.
    Unless you go to D1, where is there to go?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP got through 'Portal Week' with only two departures. Both (Krug and Woody) were deep bench guys.

The first 7 days after the last game is the danger zone for players leaving.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I'm pretty sure Horn was No. 2 all year.

As I've said before, they'll have a hard time landing any coveted high school QBs. It will be a very tough sell based on their recent history of bringing in imports. The transfer route has been very successful for IUP at the position so I don't see it changing any time soon.

The last two high school QBs they signed (prior to last year) ... one just entered the portal and the other changed positions.
    I think Marchitelli is the QB of the future but I don't see any reason to ponder the future right now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Correct. At least by the end of the season, Horn was listed as #2 on the depth chart.
    I'm pretty sure Horn was No. 2 all year.

As I've said before, they'll have a hard time landing any coveted high school QBs. It will be a very tough sell based on their recent history of bringing in imports. The transfer route has been very successful for IUP at the position so I don't see it changing any time soon.

The last two high school QBs they signed (prior to last year) ... one just entered the portal and the other changed positions.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think he's pretty deep on the depth chart. There are Horn and Marchitelli.
    Correct. At least by the end of the season, Horn was listed as #2 on the depth chart.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I guess he’s gone then per Tort’s comments about entering the portal. I was pretty impressed with him in high school, but IUP hasn’t shown the patience to develop a recruited QB in quite some time. With Sexton coming back he’d have another year without playing and would then face the likelihood of having to compete with the next portal QB.
    I think he's pretty deep on the depth chart. There are Horn and Marchitelli.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Backup QB Jack Krug has entered the portal.

He's from Brookville. The old regime at Clarion went after him pretty hard. I could see him landing with the Golden Eagles.
    I guess he’s gone then per Tort’s comments about entering the portal. I was pretty impressed with him in high school, but IUP hasn’t shown the patience to develop a recruited QB in quite some time. With Sexton coming back he’d have another year without playing and would then face the likelihood of having to compete with the next portal QB.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Backup QB Jack Krug has entered the portal.

He's from Brookville. The old regime at Clarion went after him pretty hard. I could see him landing with the Golden Eagles.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

They weren’t the only team to lose a rematch game in the playoffs. 3-3 in final eight and one in the quarters WF over Delta….just sayin
    West Florida had the regular season game won and fumbled it away at the 1 yard line. Just stop!

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied

This is the social media world now.

When you don't show up to play, when your fans don't show up at home in the Elite Eight, and you get bent over the bleachers and witch-slapped by a team you beat 21 days prior ... yeah, that stuff is going to happen.

There was so much wrong with Saturday from an IUP view it's hard to even discuss it all.
    They weren’t the only team to lose a rematch game in the playoffs. 3-3 in final eight and one in the quarters WF over Delta….just sayin

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Come on man, now you sound old. I'm not saying I condone it, but that's just how it is the last decade and will continue to be. Every team, nearly every sport.
    This is the social media world now.

When you don't show up to play, when your fans don't show up at home in the Elite Eight, and you get bent over the bleachers and witch-slapped by a team you beat 21 days prior ... yeah, that stuff is going to happen.

There was so much wrong with Saturday from an IUP view it's hard to even discuss it all.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Very polite lol, Shepherd probably doesn't have anyone that would be in the rotation at IUP. They are JV compared to IUP basketball.
    Shepherd basketball is consistently mediocre. It would be nice to be a little better there.
    Last edited by Ram Tough; 12-08-2022, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X