Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Careful, Davenport might get switch with Fake ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      Careful, Davenport might get switch with Fake ND.
      That would not be right. They play in the GLIAC...stay on the REgion 3 Gauntlet.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

That would not be right. They play in the GLIAC...stay on the REgion 3 Gauntlet.
        it’s all about the travel and rematches.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          Careful, Davenport might get switch with Fake ND.
          Well, somebody is going to Boston this weekend and that's a long a$$ haul for any MEC, GMAC or PSAC West team.

Comment

• My guess:

1. IUP
            2. Shepherd
            3. Assumption
            4. Ashland
            5. Notre Dame
            6. Slippery Rock
            7. Concord

5-7 aren’t actually seeded

Concord at Shepherd
            Notre Dame at Assumption (597 miles, if that is under the threshold)
            Slippery Rock at Ashland

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
              My guess:

1. IUP
              2. Shepherd
              3. Assumption
              4. Ashland
              5. Notre Dame
              6. Slippery Rock
              7. Concord

5-7 aren’t actually seeded

Concord at Shepherd
              Notre Dame at Assumption (597 miles, if that is under the threshold)
              Slippery Rock at Ashland
              600 miles I believe is the threshold for flights. Based on the above though, NDC would travel to Ashland and Slippery Rock would go north to Assumption.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

600 miles I believe is the threshold for flights. Based on the above though, NDC would travel to Ashland and Slippery Rock would go north to Assumption.

the suggestions made by you and Ram appear to be the most likely. The top 6 look solid. Idk how to feel about Concord. Any Concord experts around?

Comment

• It is possible to play an Out of Region opponent. The NCAA (last year, or a few years ago) stopped seeding the bottom three in each region and reserves the right to schedule an Out of Region matchup for proximity purposes (to minimize paying for flights in the early rounds) and to avoid regular season rematches in the early rounds of the playoffs.

Hypothetical example: If Tiffin and Assumption were slated to play each other in the opening round of the playoffs, it's highly likely the NCAA would schedule Tiffin against a GLIAC opponent instead to save themselves having to pay for a flight.

For the most part it's less of an issue for SR1 because of the relative proximity of the schools in the region.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

I switched ndc and rock because of the rematch thing. Ashland beat ndc in week 1, so avoid a rematch and still no flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

the suggestions made by you and Ram appear to be the most likely. The top 6 look solid. Idk how to feel about Concord. Any Concord experts around?
                      Concord plays MEC basketball. Goal is to just outscore you. Defense is non-existent based on their scores. Some real so-so teams hung big numbers on them. They just usually scored more.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Concord plays MEC basketball. Goal is to just outscore you. Defense is non-existent based on their scores. Some real so-so teams hung big numbers on them. They just usually scored more.
                        It seems to be their MO in foosball too.

Comment

• not sure the ROCK gets in. Losing late in the season is always remembered.

Comment

• The NCAA has Notre Dame to Assumption at 600 miles, which I interpret as being a flight.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, somebody is going to Boston this weekend and that's a long a$$ haul for any MEC, GMAC or PSAC West team.
                                Worcester, not Boston.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X