Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    ND losses Ashland and MEC game both in region losses.
    You are correct, their MEC loss was 2Ot to Frostburg St.

I thoughy they lost to Truman St , but that was Tiffin

Comment

Good results for PSAC

Tiffin losing would almost assure GMAC is a one bid league.

Concord getting hammered, gives them two losses and they have Wheeling soon which the loser will be eliminated.

MEC might be a one bid conference

Comment

PSAC getting four in hinges on the crossover. With Shepherd and IUP on a collision course for a State Game that might decide the 1 seed, Kutztown and the Rock still have a date on the 12th. Assuming neither loses before then (Rock has Clarion and Boro, Kutztown has Ville and WCU), a Kutztown win puts them in very good position, and with attrition expected elsewhere, a 2-loss Rock has a good chance as well. At that point, I think the field is Ashland, IUP, Shepherd, Rock, Kutztown, Notre Dame, and whoever wins Assumption/New Haven.

If Kutztown loses, however, they're probably behind Tiffin, who isn't going to lose the rest of the way. So that eliminates them. That opens the door for a second NE-10 team, a second MEC team, or Tiffin themselves if they get lucky (I do not expect Gannon to win out). So I expect a LOT of eyes to be on that Rock-Kutztown game.
        Last edited by EastStroud13; 10-24-2022, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
          PSAC getting four in hinges on the crossover. With Shepherd and IUP on a collision course for a State Game that might decide the 1 seed, Kutztown and the Rock still have a date on the 12th. Assuming neither loses before then (Rock has Clarion and Boro, Kutztown has Ville and WCU), a Kutztown win puts them in very good position, and with attrition expected elsewhere, a 2-loss Rock has a good chance as well. At that point, I think the field is Ashland, IUP, Shepherd, Rock, Kutztown, Notre Dame, and whoever wins Assumption/Bentley.

If Kutztown loses, however, they're probably behind Tiffin, who isn't going to lose the rest of the way. So that eliminates them. That opens the door for a second NE-10 team, a second MEC team, or Tiffin themselves if they get lucky (I do not expect Gannon to win out). So I expect a LOT of eyes to be on that Rock-Kutztown game.
          There is a third team in the mix here? Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

There is a third team in the mix here? Maybe?
            You're right, New Haven is the lock at this point for the NE10. Big game this week is going to be New Haven vs Assumption. Assumption's 3-0 win over Kutztown would loom large and I think makes it likely that the NE10 is going to get 2 reps in the playoffs.

GMAC- Ashland
            PSAC- IUP, Shepherd, Winner of Kutz/Rock
            NE10- New Haven, Assumption/Bentley... Will be interesting how they break this one down, especially if Kutztown beats Rock. Assumption beat Kutz, Bentley beat Assumption... Bentley lost to West Chester.
            MEC- Notre Dame

Comment

If Kutztown wins out, they'll jump Bentley who has only two remaining games, one of which is against a winless team. So the question then is, can Bentley jump Rock if Rock loses to Kutztown but beats Clarion and Edinboro? I don't think they can, but I guess crazier things have happened. Most likely, they are relying on Rock to beat Kutztown to get a shot.

As far as New Haven goes, I don't think they're a lock if they lose to Assumption. They get two SOS anchors to end the season. I think they'd have a tough time staying in the top 7.

Comment

If Kutztown wins out, they'll jump Bentley who has only two remaining games, one of which is against a winless team. So the question then is, can Bentley jump Rock if Rock loses to Kutztown but beats Clarion and Edinboro? I don't think they can, but I guess crazier things have happened. Most likely, they are relying on Rock to beat Kutztown to get a shot.

As far as New Haven goes, I don't think they're a lock if they lose to Assumption. They get two SOS anchors to end the season. I think they'd have a tough time staying in the top 7.
                It's just kinda interesting that you mentioned Assumption and Bentley as far as post season is concerned without New Haven in the mix. Understandable that New Haven is not a lock, but so is Assumption and Bentley with 3 more games to be played. As it stands right now, New Haven is in first place in the NE10 and have already beaten Bentley and previously unbeaten St. Anselm with only Assumption is on the schedule for this weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

It's just kinda interesting that you mentioned Assumption and Bentley as far as post season is concerned without New Haven in the mix. Understandable that New Haven is not a lock, but so is Assumption and Bentley with 3 more games to be played. As it stands right now, New Haven is in first place in the NE10 and have already beaten Bentley and previously unbeaten St. Anselm with only Assumption is on the schedule for this weekends.
                  The 'what if' game is always entertaining on here. Reality is it almost always takes care of itself on the field. It's just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

I see now where the issue is. I meant to say "the winner of Assumption/New Haven", not "the winner of Assumption/Bentley". I've corrected my original post.

Comment

Check the regional rankings out, if the playoffs were today, Shepherd would not be in. Four 6-2 teams are ranked ahead of the 8-0 Rams. Grand Valley is ranked 4th in their region. Unlike anything I have seen before…I thought it was a joke at first.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                        Check the regional rankings out, if the playoffs were today, Shepherd would not be in. Four 6-2 teams are ranked ahead of the 8-0 Rams. Grand Valley is ranked 4th in their region. Unlike anything I have seen before…I thought it was a joke at first.
                        So dumb it's funny.

Guess serious weight on SOS.

Comment

This was just an alphabetical list. I guess the actual rankings will come out later today. Sorry, didn’t see that. But why would they post it on the site like this?

Comment

Not totally sure what the purpose is being sorting teams alphabetically this week and not ranking 1-10 until next week. Bizarre decision.

Comment

Not totally sure what the purpose is being sorting teams alphabetically
                              So ShepFan1 will lose his ever loving mind in the general discussion forum. :) 😀

Comment

Not totally sure what the purpose is being sorting teams alphabetically this week and not ranking 1-10 until next week. Bizarre decision.
                                Might just want another week to sort things out. It is somewhat strange.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X