Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I played there when it was a baseball field. The playing conditions on the field actually weren’t bad, but it was far from adequate for a college baseball field. The current “stadium” is obviously much better, but even it pales in comparison to a lot of DIII facilities that take baseball seriously. It’s hard to invest in everything and baseball has really drawn the short end of the stick.
    DIII programs that fundraise well have a huge advantage - they don't need that money to go into scholarships, so it goes to getting new uniforms and equipment more often, facilities, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Does East Dennyburg scroll ignorant messages across the scoreboard at the opposing team at baseball games too?

Congrats on making the IUP Baseball team the most talked about baseball program on this board. It now joins our foosball and basketball teams as the most talked about as well.

I think deep down you wish you attended IUP. I don't blame you. Maybe you should have studied harder in high school, you might have been accepted.

:-)
      Get off the crack.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Get off the crack.
        Get off IUP’s ass. We are not your rival. We don’t care about you.

Comment

IUPs baseball and athletic department not being able to count is a little embarrassing but at least they didn’t commit the ultimate athletic no-no like Alabama’s head baseball coach
          Alabama baseball coach Brad Bohannon was fired Thursday amid a widespread investigation into suspicious betting activity on the Crimson Tide's game against LSU six days ago.

Comment

IUP swept #LIT-AF today inside the football/baseball/kickball/intramural stadium so IUP's inability to count turned out to be meaningless.

Comment

The Home Office’s Shady plan backfired..IUP sweeps today and clinched.

Suck on it IUP Haters!!!

Comment

I don’t know what is funnier…that the Home Offices plot failed to get someone’s Alma Mater into the playoffs by penalizing IUP or the fact one of our biggest haters posted this thread to take a shot at IUP and it’s now on page 4 and we are the most talked about baseball team in the league and our chances of winning the title are pretty slim!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  IUP swept #LIT-AF today inside the football/baseball/kickball/intramural stadium so IUP's inability to count turned out to be meaningless.
                  Congrats to IUP. I sure wasn't going to rip Kline or the administration for the scheduling snafu. As fluid as a northeast baseball schedule is with early-spring weather, and the ease with which teams can "pick up" games, it's a wonder this doesn't happen more often.

Anyway, if I were to point and snicker, all anyone would have to do would be to point to 1979, when Ship had the choice of sitting 14 of its players in the final regular-season football game against Clarion or be bounced from the postseason -- because the Raiders scrimmaged D-III Gettysburg before the season. That one, I believe, cost coach Joe Mark his job.

It's tougher to screw up a 10-game football schedule than a 50-game baseball schedule. Much tougher.

Comment

IUP wins the final game on a walk off…

Comment

Seriously, what’s up with that place? It looks awful.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        I don’t know what is funnier…that the Home Offices plot failed to get someone’s Alma Mater into the playoffs by penalizing IUP or the fact one of our biggest haters posted this thread to take a shot at IUP and it’s now on page 4 and we are the most talked about baseball team in the league and our chances of winning the title are pretty slim!
                        I know you've got a "Steve Murray gave you rectal herpes" level sense of grievance against the PSAC but the conference didn't have anything to do with this. This falls squarely on Steve Kline and the IUP athletics administration. Tort doesn't go schedule 12 games then blame anyone but himself and IUP athletics for allowing that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I know you've got a "Steve Murray gave you rectal herpes" level sense of grievance against the PSAC but the conference didn't have anything to do with this. This falls squarely on Steve Kline and the IUP athletics administration. Tort doesn't go schedule 12 games then blame anyone but himself and IUP athletics for allowing that to happen.
                          Correct, not sure how that happens. You schedule 50 games with the assumption that you'll lose approx 8-10 due to weather.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Seriously, what’s up with that place? It looks awful.
                            If it would be converted to solely a football stadium, it could actually be pretty decent. But, converting it to have so many functions just leads to a very awkward setting. Parking is also a disaster.

But, considering Gannon's location, there's only so much room if they want their teams to play close to campus.

For football, there's essentially no visitors' side. There's a couple sets of bleachers maybe 3 rows high on ground level. So, you can't see a thing if the action is on the opposite end of the field as the visiting team is in your view. The one nice thing is there isn't a track so you're really close to the field.

I'm surprised GU baseball hasn't just tried to partner up with the minor league team up there (kind of how Cal plays at Washington Wild Things stadium).

Comment

If it would be converted to solely a football stadium, it could actually be pretty decent. But, converting it to have so many functions just leads to a very awkward setting. Parking is also a disaster.

But, considering Gannon's location, there's only so much room if they want their teams to play close to campus.

For football, there's essentially no visitors' side. There's a couple sets of bleachers maybe 3 rows high on ground level. So, you can't see a thing if the action is on the opposite end of the field as the visiting team is in your view. The one nice thing is there isn't a track so you're really close to the field.

I'm surprised GU baseball hasn't just tried to partner up with the minor league team up there (kind of how Cal plays at Washington Wild Things stadium).
                              That would make a lot of sense. Its maybe a 5 minute drive and 10 minute walk if you hit every red light. Its a half hour drive from Cal's campus to Wild Things Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The Home Office waited until they played LIT AF. It’s suspicious. Thry could have made IUP forfeit a previous win against a lesser team out of the running. But they didn’t.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X