Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I believe this website uses that like a job board. School requests their opening to be posted. Probably stays up there until someone says to take it down, so if ODU just learned they need a game, they probably haven't asked Brandon to post an opening. Or they're just scrambling on their own.
    This is exactly how it works.

Comment

The MEC schedule has been released in its entirety. There will be six MEC vs. PSAC games:

Seton Hill at Fairmont State (Week 0)
      Mercyhurst at Wheeling (Week 0)
      California at Charleston (Week 1)
      Fairmont State at Bloomsburg (Week 1)
      Millersville at Frostburg State (Week 1)
      Lock Haven at Glenville State (Week 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
        The MEC schedule has been released in its entirety. There will be six MEC vs. PSAC games:

Seton Hill at Fairmont State (Week 0)
        Mercyhurst at Wheeling (Week 0)
        California at Charleston (Week 1)
        Fairmont State at Bloomsburg (Week 1)
        Millersville at Frostburg State (Week 1)
        Lock Haven at Glenville State (Week 1)
        One game that seems competitive VULCANS-EAGLES. If CAL can start with 2 Road Wins @Chas, @WCU they should make it home at 6-0 going into Week 7 SRU and Week 8 IUP. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

One game that seems competitive VULCANS-EAGLES. If CAL can start with 2 Road Wins @Chas, @WCU they should make it home at 6-0 going into Week 7 SRU and Week 8 IUP. Time will tell.
          A few of those will be competitive. Mercyhurst and Wheeling both stink so that should be a good litmus test for both. Fairmont and Bloom will be interesting as well.

Millersville vs Frostburg will be interesting, if the Bobcats are a playoff contender they should win but Millersville could surprise maybe.

It is still such a bummer that Shepherd can't land a game with the MEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

A few of those will be competitive. Mercyhurst and Wheeling both stink so that should be a good litmus test for both. Fairmont and Bloom will be interesting as well.

Millersville vs Frostburg will be interesting, if the Bobcats are a playoff contender they should win but Millersville could surprise maybe.

It is still such a bummer that Shepherd can't land a game with the MEC.
            Shep won't get a game there until Reid retires.

The golden football goose left under his watch. Obviously blackballed.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Shep won't get a game there until Reid retires.

The golden football goose left under his watch. Obviously blackballed.
              Reid is a bum.

Comment

Ohio Dominican is still open week 1 since NDC folded. Who in PSAC needs an OOC game?

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                  Ohio Dominican is still open week 1 since NDC folded. Who in PSAC needs an OOC game?
                  I said earlier in this thread that I would love to see Cal schedule them. They had a few good games years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I said earlier in this thread that I would love to see Cal schedule them. They had a few good games years ago.
                    Unfortunately, Cal already has a non-conference game this season with a 10-2 Charleston fresh off an MEC title and a playoff appearance. Charleston is going to be a more formidable opponent for Cal than ODU in 2024 as ODU appears to have slipped, stumbling to a 4-7 record last season after after back-to-back seven win seasons.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                      It looks as though the only PSAC teams who have yet to confirm their OOC games are East Stroudsburg and West Chester. However...

Bentley hosted West Chester last season in the seventh all-time meeting (2016 through 2023, excluding the cancelled 2020 season), so if this home-and-home pattern continues, then West Chester will probably host Bentley to start the 2024 season.

East Stroudsburg hosted Pace in 2021 and 2023, while traveling to Pace in 2022. Presuming this is also a home-and-home series, I'm predicting that ESU will open the 2024 season in Westchester County against Pace.
                      Last edited by ctrabs74; 03-31-2024, 11:17 PM.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

WCU has their schedule on their twitter page...S-7 vs Bentley

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Not that I am an athletic director or any athletic directors monitors these chats.

Central Washington may still be looking for games but that travel would be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Not that I am an athletic director or any athletic directors monitors these chats.

Central Washington may still be looking for games but that travel would be tough.
                            Yeah I don't see that happening unfortunately even though it would be an experience for everyone. You just don't get those big travel trips in this conference, especially when you have so many options within a bus trip. The reason I think this is because CWU isn't one of those huge revenue schools like a NWMSU or GVSU that has spare cash to subsidize the visiting team's travel and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah I don't see that happening unfortunately even though it would be an experience for everyone. You just don't get those big travel trips in this conference, especially when you have so many options within a bus trip. The reason I think this is because CWU isn't one of those huge revenue schools like a NWMSU or GVSU that has spare cash to subsidize the visiting team's travel and then some.
                              I feel for Central Washington and Western Oregon. They are the only remaining two D2 schools in the Western Pacific US.

They are most likely going to have to schedule FCS and NAIA schools for non-conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Don't kid yourself. They all read this crap. This site is the only publicity or 'media' many D2 teams get.

This is 'must read' status for D2 players, coaches and athletic staff.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X