Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I feel for Central Washington and Western Oregon. They are the only remaining two D2 schools in the Western Pacific US.

They are most likely going to have to schedule FCS and NAIA schools for non-conference.
    We're in the opposite situation here. There are a bunch of D2 schools in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic and we basically cut each other's throats fighting for recruits, which is one reason we have trouble in the national playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Unfortunately, Cal already has a non-conference game this season with a 10-2 Charleston fresh off an MEC title and a playoff appearance. Charleston is going to be a more formidable opponent for Cal than ODU in 2024 as ODU appears to have slipped, stumbling to a 4-7 record last season after after back-to-back seven win seasons.
      This is all true and good points.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

It looks as though the only PSAC teams who have yet to confirm their OOC games are East Stroudsburg and West Chester. However...

Bentley hosted West Chester last season in the seventh all-time meeting (2016 through 2023, excluding the cancelled 2020 season), so if this home-and-home pattern continues, then West Chester will probably host Bentley to start the 2024 season.

East Stroudsburg hosted Pace in 2021 and 2023, while traveling to Pace in 2022. Presuming this is also a home-and-home series, I'm predicting that ESU will open the 2024 season in Westchester County against Pace.
        ESU will play PACE

Comment

Not that I am an athletic director or any athletic directors monitors these chats.

Central Washington may still be looking for games but that travel would be tough.
          I would love PSAC schools to get out into the country more, however like previously stated there are SO many busable games in this neck of the woods. Most schools here don't have much money to spare on that type of travel. I wish it was different though. I do know that Cal did go to St Cloud state and West Chester went ot North Dakota and Northwest Missouri in the early 2000s.

Comment

I feel for Central Washington and Western Oregon. They are the only remaining two D2 schools in the Western Pacific US.

They are most likely going to have to schedule FCS and NAIA schools for non-conference.
            It sucks. Just imagine if schools had a set of balls and did right; Humboldt, Westerm Washington, Simon Fraiser, Azusza. There are 4 right there that would at least have given them a round robin with 6 in a conference. And then I think it would have been easier to convince Easteron and Southern Oregon to make the jump to D-2. That is a healthy 8 team conference. Then when BIllings did their research on starting a football program you would have more easily gotten them in.

It is an odd thing out west. D3 only has 2 conferences. One in the northwest and the other in the LA area.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I would love PSAC schools to get out into the country more, however like previously stated there are SO many busable games in this neck of the woods. Most schools here don't have much money to spare on that type of travel. I wish it was different though. I do know that Cal did go to St Cloud state and West Chester went ot North Dakota and Northwest Missouri in the early 2000s.
              Actually CAL had traveled a lot starting in '10-@Saggy Val, '11-@StCSU, '13-@Hillsdale, '15-@VaSU, '18-@ODU, '19-@St A. Post pandemic WV is it. My guess budget cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Actually CAL had traveled a lot starting in '10-@Saggy Val, '11-@StCSU, '13-@Hillsdale, '15-@VaSU, '18-@ODU, '19-@St A. Post pandemic WV is it. My guess budget cuts.
                My guess: Angelo got fired

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

My guess: Angelo got fired

Lol
                  Actually he was fired in May of 2012 and the travel continued until the lost season. My other guess is that Gary Dunn realized that with the yearly battle for position in the PSAC critically important for post season play, he really can't start with an L. Sort of surprised he scheduled CHAS. this year. Time will tell.

Comment

I'm curious to see Dunn's budget and scholarship totals from his first year until now.

Comment

• Carson Newman asking for a Week 1 game

Comment

• Assuming Mercyhurst is gone, that obviously leaves a hole for several PSAC Football teams.

All the buzz is on Frostburg State joining. Do you know if they can join immediately, or, do they have a waiting period to leave the MEC? Seems to me Shepherd knew it was leaving but still had to play another season in the MEC before joining the PSAC. I cannot remember all the specifics, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Assuming Mercyhurst is gone, that obviously leaves a hole for several PSAC Football teams.

All the buzz is on Frostburg State joining. Do you know if they can join immediately, or, do they have a waiting period to leave the MEC? Seems to me Shepherd knew it was leaving but still had to play another season in the MEC before joining the PSAC. I cannot remember all the specifics, however.
                          Hurst will play football in the fall. Problem is psac iscon year 1 on 2 year schedule cycle. 2025 there are issues. Can be resolved with Frostburg who could fit in nicely in the West or East.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                            Hurst will play football in the fall. Problem is psac iscon year 1 on 2 year schedule cycle. 2025 there are issues. Can be resolved with Frostburg who could fit in nicely in the West or East.
                            Frostburg is much more "west" than Shippensburg. They're a pretty simple 45 minute drive south of Somerset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Frostburg is much more "west" than Shippensburg. They're a pretty simple 45 minute drive south of Somerset.
                              Lock Haven is more likely to move west than Shippensburg, but I agree that putting Frostburg in Hurst's spot would be more natural.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Lock Haven is more likely to move west than Shippensburg, but I agree that putting Frostburg in Hurst's spot would be more natural.
                                And, now that I've looked at a map, it actually makes more geographic sense to put Frostburg in the PSAC West to replace Mercyhurst, much in the same way Shepherd took Cheyney's spot in the PSAC East. The more I think about it, though, it would make more sense from a basketball standpoint to go to a three-division scheme in the long-term, but we all seem to know how coaches felt about that idea when it was first approached about 10 years ago.
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X