Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

In other words this is the end of the program. One would assume the whole roster will be in the portal.

Interesting move. That will be 100 less students at a broke school.
    I doubt any of the better programs are going to rush to sign them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I doubt any of the better programs are going to rush to sign them.
      Probably not. I'm sure some will find homes.

I remember when they came to Miller Stadium about 10 years ago.

It was the debut of infamous message board favorite Chase Haslett at QB.

Comment

Probably not. I'm sure some will find homes.

I remember when they came to Miller Stadium about 10 years ago.

It was the debut of infamous message board favorite Chase Haslett at QB.
        I could see Torts accepting a game from a CIAA team if they offer to travel to IUP for Week 0 because they need a game. He’s never going to reschedule anyone in place of Mercyhurst. I do think the Home Office should get compensation for all schools who lost a home game because of their rudeness.

Comment

I could see Torts accepting a game from a CIAA team if they offer to travel to IUP for Week 0 because they need a game. He’s never going to reschedule anyone in place of Mercyhurst. I do think the Home Office should get compensation for all schools who lost a home game because of their rudeness.
          It would have to be at home and on Thursday night. They wouldn't schedule a Saturday game and then have a short week prior to what will be a tough Thursday trip to Ashland.

He's also not going to take a road game in Week 0 since IUP is away in weeks 1-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
            For teams looking to fill their open dates with Mercyhurst's departure, St. Augustine's (CIAA) announced they would be suspending their football program for next season, so several CIAA schools will have open dates on their end.
            Oh what a surprise, that’s the team in 2014 that tried to cancel 3 days before the at IUP opener cause they couldn’t afford a hotel. IUP paid for there food on the way home from what I remember. So embarrassing.

Comment

In other words this is the end of the program. One would assume the whole roster will be in the portal.

Interesting move. That will be 100 less students at a broke school.
              Portal dumpster dive they were 0-10 in a bad league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Oh what a surprise, that’s the team in 2014 that tried to cancel 3 days before the at IUP opener cause they couldn’t afford a hotel. IUP paid for there food on the way home from what I remember. So embarrassing.
                For realsies? I did not know of this.

Comment

For realsies? I did not know of this.
                  The other rumor was they almost pulled out because of gas money and then one of the buses broke down on the way here. It was a small miracle that game was played.

Comment

Tort should schedule that brand new 'D1' school up in Erie in Week 0.

Kick off their D1 era with a beating from a D2 school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Finances are why they have been teetering on the brink for a while and why their accreditation has been under pressure. Very similar to another NC school, Chowan. Almost no cash on hand.

Comment

Does IUP need a Week 0 game?

Comment

They owe us that. They should play every team they were supposed to visit.

Comment

They owe us that. They should play every team they were supposed to visit.
                            It will be interesting to see if Mercyhurst will schedule Gannon in football or basketball. My hunch is they won't - at least for several years. Once they get built up with 'D1' quality athletes, then I could see some occasional games.

It would be a bad look for the D1 to lose to the D2 down the street.

The basketball portal is flooded with PSAC players right now (and players from the MEC). Gary could probably round up several of them and form a pretty good team pretty quickly. Of course, he's not exactly a 'players' coach' and I'm sure many know that at this point.

Comment

Screw them, a 10 game schedule is fine. Trust me there in no hurry to schedule Cal/IUP/SRU Non league. Probably the PSAC got word from HQ wink wink don’t schedule Hurst in ANYTHING. Sort of like Reid Amos regarding Shepherd football and the MEC squads.

Comment

• Pace partially released their schedule, and they're playing East Stroudsburg Week 1 at home. Barring schools making any moves to fill the Mercyhurst-sized holes in their respective schedules, that should do it for the PSAC non-conference slate

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X