Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Everyone on here likes to make fun of the condition of The Cig. We're a fraction of 1% of the IUP world.

State funding for a building that also doubles as community convocation space and offices can be argued for state money. Edinboro's fieldhouse is used for 5 NCAA teams, a club team, national tournaments, high school playoff games, summer camps, graduations, community swim lessons, concerts, and admissions events. It's much more than an arena that also hosts the Harlem Globetrotters every 6 months. I don't think IUP could make that argument for a football stadium. I still think IUP should have proposed some sort of multipurpose stadium with the county fairgrounds. Much more of a regional asset. Edinboro's dome probably draws more total people than Miller.

The big fundraising priority will always be scholarships.
    I heard Edinboro decommissioned the dome and that is why the indoor track championships were at Lehigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
      Did cal really build an arena with no ac?
      Syracuse built the Carrier Dome without air conditioning, and it was named after an air conditioning company!

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I heard Edinboro decommissioned the dome and that is why the indoor track championships were at Lehigh.
        News to me. It was up the day of the eclipse. Maybe Lehigh was an attempt to have it in the east?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Put some classrooms in the lower levels.
          There were 25 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

News to me. It was up the day of the eclipse. Maybe Lehigh was an attempt to have it in the east?
            I guess things changed. Couple of old news reports:

https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-...ning-the-dome/

https://www.goerie.com/story/sports/...wn/1705307007/

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Im always right.

So why don’t you “do your research” and find out who was behind the rule and who supported it.

The Pee Sack has a bad reputation with long time D2 fans when the league try to push the IUP Rule on all of D2.
              My research on this is completed. You probably don't even know what year it happened.
              If you had said "the PSAC ....", that would be correct. However you explicitly say "13 other schools ...", which is inaccurate.
              But you've told yourself (and others) the lie for so long that you now accept it as truth. Probably not the only issue that you've treated like that.

Comment

Nah still going strong.

https://gofightingscots.com/news/202...-practice.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

My research on this is completed. You probably don't even know what year it happened.
                  If you had said "the PSAC ....", that would be correct. However you explicitly say "13 other schools ...", which is inaccurate.
                  But you've told yourself (and others) the lie for so long that you now accept it as truth. Probably not the only issue that you've treated like that.
                  It was enacted around 1994 after IUP was laying waste to the Pee Sack and was a National
                  Power. IUP made one more national semi final after it was enforced and then nothing until 2017.

The Home Office would not have pushed it without input or support from the institutions. So yes they are GUILTY of destroying what Frank built up.

Your reply is an admission that you have no idea what went down.

Last edited by IUPNation; 04-21-2024, 06:30 PM.

Comment

It was enacted around 1994 after IUP was laying waste to the Pee Sack and was a National
                    Power. IUP made one more national semi final after it was enforced and then nothing until 2017.

The Home Office would not have pushed it without input or support from the institutions. So yes they are GUILTY of destroying what Frank built up.

Your reply is an admission that you have no idea what went down.
                    I agree with all IUP fans that the "IUP rule" was a mistake. But I was looking at the IUP page and this is what I found:

'86-'94 IUP's record: 93-17-1. West Champs 8 of 9 years, and playoffs 7 of 9 years.

'95-'05 IUP's record: 89-33. West Champs 6 of 11 years, and playoffs 6 of 11 years.

There was a bit of a decline, but I don't know if the program was destroyed.
                    GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Of course even if there was no decline, I too would be furious.
                      GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Why isn’t IUP’s AD setting up a fundraising campaign to get cash for renovating The Cig?
                        Still trying to count time outs...The refs at the ESU Spring Game were talking about it Saturday night!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

I agree with all IUP fans that the "IUP rule" was a mistake. But I was looking at the IUP page and this is what I found:

'86-'94 IUP's record: 93-17-1. West Champs 8 of 9 years, and playoffs 7 of 9 years.

'95-'05 IUP's record: 89-33. West Champs 6 of 11 years, and playoffs 6 of 11 years.

More false narrative from IUP?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

So you expect to see IUP immediately drop off the cliff when that happened? It doesn't work that way. "Destroyed" is close to what the IUP Rule did to the program. It destroyed what Frank bult into a national contender. The later years represent the time Frank and IUP tried to maintain the same level without the scholarship advantage and, by all indications, brought in some players who didn't necessarily conform to the character expectations. IUP fans all recognize that.

Looking at historical trends might not tell the story. Listen to the people on this board who lived through it as fans, players, boosters, etc. We were there.

History should say that the IUP Rule was an outrageous thing. I mentioned Douds previously because he was the one coach who went public advocating a philosophy that PSAC schools should not be competing on a national level, that they should be content with playing for the conference championship and that PSAC programs across the state should define themselves in that way. So, clearly, that was directed at IUP/Cignetti.

It was a spiteful and stupid philosophy. There are a couple different angles that one can take when looking back at it. One was that it placed a higher burden, time-wise and financially, on the other coaches to try to compete. That probably had a lot to do with it besides the obvious envy. It's pathetic when you think about it.

If you want to do a retrospective on the IUP Rule the conclusion is that it didn't make sense and was unjustified (and just sad).

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

So you expect to see IUP immediately drop off the cliff when that happened? It doesn't work that way. "Destroyed" is close to what the IUP Rule did to the program. It destroyed what Frank bult into a national contender. The later years represent the time Frank and IUP tried to maintain the same level without the scholarship advantage and, by all indications, brought in some players who didn't necessarily conform to the character expectations. IUP fans all recognize that.

Looking at historical trends might not tell the story. Listen to the people on this board who lived through it as fans, players, boosters, etc. We were there.

History should say that the IUP Rule was an outrageous thing. I mentioned Douds previously because he was the one coach who went public advocating a philosophy that PSAC schools should not be competing on a national level, that they should be content with playing for the conference championship and that PSAC programs across the state should define themselves in that way. So, clearly, that was directed at IUP/Cignetti.

It was a spiteful and stupid philosophy. There are a couple different angles that one can take when looking back at it. One was that it placed a higher burden, time-wise and financially, on the other coaches to try to compete. That probably had a lot to do with it besides the obvious envy. It's pathetic when you think about it.

If you want to do a retrospective on the IUP Rule the conclusion is that it didn't make sense and was unjustified (and just sad).
                              It was (and still is) pathetic. What an embarrassment for the league. That was the moment IUP should have left.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Still trying to count time outs...The refs at the ESU Spring Game were talking about it Saturday night!!!
                                33-0. Butthurt poured out from the press box and across the scoreboard.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X