Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

So you expect to see IUP immediately drop off the cliff when that happened? It doesn't work that way. "Destroyed" is close to what the IUP Rule did to the program. It destroyed what Frank bult into a national contender. The later years represent the time Frank and IUP tried to maintain the same level without the scholarship advantage and, by all indications, brought in some players who didn't necessarily conform to the character expectations. IUP fans all recognize that.

Looking at historical trends might not tell the story. Listen to the people on this board who lived through it as fans, players, boosters, etc. We were there.

History should say that the IUP Rule was an outrageous thing. I mentioned Douds previously because he was the one coach who went public advocating a philosophy that PSAC schools should not be competing on a national level, that they should be content with playing for the conference championship and that PSAC programs across the state should define themselves in that way. So, clearly, that was directed at IUP/Cignetti.

It was a spiteful and stupid philosophy. There are a couple different angles that one can take when looking back at it. One was that it placed a higher burden, time-wise and financially, on the other coaches to try to compete. That probably had a lot to do with it besides the obvious envy. It's pathetic when you think about it.

If you want to do a retrospective on the IUP Rule the conclusion is that it didn't make sense and was unjustified (and just sad).
    So basically Denny was as big a raging hypocrite as Dr. Evil..two huge beneficiaries of the IUP Rule. He didn’t think we should compete but once he got his stud QB he sure didn’t mind winning that regional title.

Did he ever personally apologize for Scoreboardgate?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

33-0. Butthurt poured out from the press box and across the scoreboard.
      You died on that hill years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You died on that hill years ago...
        Yet it still pisses you off.

Comment

Yet it still pisses you off.
          Quite the contrary. It gives me a good giggle seeing you carry that torch!

Comment

So basically Denny was as big a raging hypocrite as Dr. Evil..two huge beneficiaries of the IUP Rule. He didn’t think we should compete but once he got his stud QB he sure didn’t mind winning that regional title.

Did he ever personally apologize for Scoreboardgate?
            Why would he apologize for something he had nothing to do with? You really are daft. Speaking of hypocrites, you oughta know. If you think for one second that a football coach has anything to do with a message on a scoreboard, then you know less than I gave you credit for...I won't make THAT mistake again...

Comment

Quite the contrary. It gives me a good giggle seeing you carry that torch!
              You posts say otherwise. I have no doubt everyone in the booth that day approved of the message disrespecting Frank going across the score board. Sore losers!!

Comment

Why would he apologize for something he had nothing to do with? You really are daft. Speaking of hypocrites, you oughta know. If you think for one second that a football coach has anything to do with a message on a scoreboard, then you know less than I gave you credit for...I won't make THAT mistake again...
                So it was the announcers?

Denny couldn’t beat Frank so he sabotaged him by pushing for the IUP Rule. If that is true, which by others on here saying that was the case I have no ****ing respect for him and he can go **** off. How ****ing dare he think he was entitled to ruin our good fortune because he was too small or too incompetent to keep up
                Last edited by IUPNation; 04-24-2024, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Another thread hijacked to this reoccurring 30 yr old who gives a **** story. Give it a rest already the both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                    Another thread hijacked to this reoccurring 30 yr old who gives a **** story. Give it a rest already the both of you.
                    I am a big advocate of adding both of them to your Ignore List. Neither of them adds enough insight to be worth the constant bickering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                      Easy to say when Shepherd never had it done to them.

Yet.

My original comment on this thread was tongue in cheek....it's not my fault you all reacted by clutching your pearls.

I will never forgive the Home Office or the schools who petitioned to destroy the IUP Foosball program's National success.

It's was pure evil.
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 04-24-2024, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I am a big advocate of adding both of them to your Ignore List. Neither of them adds enough insight to be worth the constant bickering.
                        I am a big advocate of ignoring your whining.

Last edited by IUPNation; 04-24-2024, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So it was the announcers?

Denny couldn’t beat Frank so he sabotaged him by pushing for the IUP Rule. If that is true, which by others on here saying that was the case I have no ****ing respect for him and he can go **** off. How ****ing dare he think he was entitled to ruin our good fortune because he was too small or too incompetent to keep up
                          The announcers don't sit anywhere near the scoreboard operator in the Press Box at Eiler Martin...Keep firing blanks there Sparky!!! I've told you before, it was a student running the scoreboard that day. They were admonished immediately by the SID at the time, and the message was removed. I was close enough to hear it...Get over it. I'm sure Frank did...

Comment

I have ignore on for the two of them, and ever since this board has been more pleasant.

Comment

You got anything better to do? Apparently not...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Easy to say when Shepherd never had it done to them.

Yet.

My original comment on this thread was tongue in cheek....it's not my fault you all reacted by clutching your pearls.

I will never forgive the Home Office or the schools who petitioned to destroy the IUP Foosball program's National success.

It's was pure evil.
                                I honestly wouldn't care, especially when you blew them out 33-0, from what you've recalled about the game. It would be more hilarious of a memory, than an insult to hold a grudge over.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X