Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You got anything better to do? Apparently not...
    Ouch, good one

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I have ignore on for the two of them, and ever since this board has been more pleasant.
      Ain’t you special.

So self righteous.

No wonder why you attended East Dennyburg.

Comment

The announcers don't sit anywhere near the scoreboard operator in the Press Box at Eiler Martin...Keep firing blanks there Sparky!!! I've told you before, it was a student running the scoreboard that day. They were admonished immediately by the SID at the time, and the message was removed. I was close enough to hear it...Get over it. I'm sure Frank did...
        Sure Jan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I honestly wouldn't care, especially when you blew them out 33-0, from what you've recalled about the game. It would be more hilarious of a memory, than an insult to hold a grudge over.
          It was worse at Shippensburg and I never need to mention it.

Its not hard to figure it all out.

East Dennyburg fans hate in IUP.

Ship fans don’t on here even if those present at the apartment complex did on that fateful day.

All he has to do is just stop hating on us when we don’t generally care about them unless it’s true it was Denny who spearheaded the IUP Rule but I would like evidence on that. I tend to believe it was the agenda by those in higher positions. Coaches had no real say….

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Ship fans don’t on here even if those present at the apartment complex did on that fateful day.

All he has to do is just stop hating on us when we don’t generally care about them unless it’s true it was Denny who spearheaded the IUP Rule but I would like evidence on that. I tend to believe it was the agenda by those in higher positions. Coaches had no real say….
            I can tell you with 100% certainty that Ship had the same sign out for other teams, definitely saw it on the apartments both times I played there in the early 2000's. No reason to hold a grudge over college kids being college kids. Adds fun to the rivalry if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Ship had the same sign out for other teams, definitely saw it on the apartments both times I played there in the early 2000's. No reason to hold a grudge over college kids being college kids. Adds fun to the rivalry if you ask me.
              I’m sure they did. Imagine the OUTRAGE if anything like that happened at IUP.
              Last edited by IUPNation; 04-25-2024, 10:37 AM.

Comment

The signs have been disgusting, but I'm long past worrying about what stupid, drunken frat boys do on a college campus, whether at Ship, IUP, or anywhere else. If you want to catch a real truckload of b.s. try walking past fraternity row at Ohio State while wearing a Northwestern shirt as I did some years ago. I certainly heard a lot of interesting comments from our future leaders of America on that occasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The signs have been disgusting, but I'm long past worrying about what stupid, drunken frat boys do on a college campus, whether at Ship, IUP, or anywhere else. If you want to catch a real truckload of b.s. try walking past fraternity row at Ohio State while wearing a Northwestern shirt as I did some years ago. I certainly heard a lot of interesting comments from our future leaders of America on that occasion.
                  Brings to mind the "Sh#t on Pitt" campaign at Penn State long ago. I probably have one of those buttons stashed away somewhere.

Comment

Well, I'm not going to dig up the evidence now but I did post articles years ago on this site about it. There were a lot of interviews with Douds where he supported that idea that PSAC teams should be limited and should be happy playing for the PSAC Championship. I recall that most of the coverage of that was in The Pocono Record.

He went public with it but, you're right, it was a conspiracy, i.e. it had to be supported by a lot of people in the PSAC and PASSHE to be successful. And successful it was ... for the rest of the conference.

We will never know who was responsible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The Overrated State University still sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Well, I'm not going to dig up the evidence now but I did post articles years ago on this site about it. There were a lot of interviews with Douds where he supported that idea that PSAC teams should be limited and should be happy playing for the PSAC Championship. I recall that most of the coverage of that was in The Pocono Record.

He went public with it but, you're right, it was a conspiracy, i.e. it had to be supported by a lot of people in the PSAC and PASSHE to be successful. And successful it was ... for the rest of the conference.

We will never know who was responsible.
                        I wonder if Welty was still in charge at IUP what the response would have been. It looks like Petit just caved in it. Was there any IUP response? I mean Frank was upgrading his field and they were knee capping him.

Frank putting up lights, new scoreboard and turf was a big deal but what good did it do him? He got two home playoff games in 9 years out of it. IUP’s best teams played on a goat pasture…

Comment

How outraged would you be? Seems you'd be against something like that, judging from your posts on this subject. There's quite a record of you being against that type of thing...
                          Last edited by WarriorVoice; 04-26-2024, 04:03 AM.

Comment

How outraged would you be? Seems you'd be against something like that, judging from your posts on this subject. There's quite a record of you being against that type of thing...
                            IUP fans at The Cig are in a coma for most games and we are better than that so it would never happen.

We don’t run messages across our video board to disrespect the opposition nor do we put up banner that read F*** The opposition that the visiting stand have to stare at all game long. The worst thing that could have happened to your IUP hating ass at The Cig was the floor in the rickety press box giving way and you landed on the ground behind the home stands.

Scoreboardgate was my first visit to East Dennyburg. You know what they say about first impressions lasting forever. Bannergate was my first visit to Ship too. They just don’t have announcers who hate on IUP. I’ve only been on the visiting side at East schools and the only places where I didn’t see any boorish behavior directed at IUP has been at Bloomsburg and Walk on U.
                            Last edited by IUPNation; 04-26-2024, 05:50 AM.

Comment

IUP fans at The Cig are in a coma for most games and we are better than that so it would never happen.

We don’t run messages across our video board to disrespect the opposition nor do we put up banner that read F*** The opposition that the visiting stand have to stare at all game long. The worst thing that could have happened to your IUP hating ass at The Cig was the floor in the rickety press box giving way and you landed on the ground behind the home stands.

Scoreboardgate was my first visit to East Dennyburg. You know what they say about first impressions lasting forever. Bannergate was my first visit to Ship too. They just don’t have announcers who hate on IUP. I’ve only been on the visiting side at East schools and the only places where I didn’t see any boorish behavior directed at IUP has been at Bloomsburg and Walk on U.
                              If the stars align at some point, hope you can make it to Shepherdstown for a game. Will advise there are some hillbilly's that sit on the visitors side that at times in the past can be somewhat unruly, but for the most part it's a fair/good experience. Still think Shepherdstown big gameday is the best in this conference for atmosphere.

Comment

The Miller crowds are putrid from an enthusiasm angle BUT at least IUP gets a crowd. The gate has been going up the past few years, too.

I go to most away games. At probably half of them, IUP travels with about the same size crowd as the home side.

Games at places like Clarion, IUP usually has a bigger visiting section than Clarion has a home section. Think about that.

The Miller dynamic is changing by the season. That core group from the 80s and 90s is getting very old (and fewer by the year). It's extremely important IUP finds a way to attract a younger football audience. Joe has a much younger crowd but it's primarily a 40s-50s age group. Football resembles more of the Early Bird Special group from Valley Dairy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X