Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

If the stars align at some point, hope you can make it to Shepherdstown for a game. Will advise there are some hillbilly's that sit on the visitors side that at times in the past can be somewhat unruly, but for the most part it's a fair/good experience. Still think Shepherdstown big gameday is the best in this conference for atmosphere.
    I wish IUP could build a home side like Shepherd…we need a new one yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Miller crowds are putrid from an enthusiasm angle BUT at least IUP gets a crowd. The gate has been going up the past few years, too.

I go to most away games. At probably half of them, IUP travels with about the same size crowd as the home side.

Games at places like Clarion, IUP usually has a bigger visiting section than Clarion has a home section. Think about that.

The Miller dynamic is changing by the season. That core group from the 80s and 90s is getting very old (and fewer by the year). It's extremely important IUP finds a way to attract a younger football audience. Joe has a much younger crowd but it's primarily a 40s-50s age group. Football resembles more of the Early Bird Special group from Valley Dairy.
      "Games at places like Clarion, IUP usually has a bigger visiting section than Clarion has a home section. Think about that."

What's Clarion's enrollment these days? I think you probably could get Ship's entire undergraduate enrollment out for a game (not counting parents, etc.) and probably not fill the Seth Grove stands. And I'm pretty sure Clarion is a good deal smaller than we are at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

"Games at places like Clarion, IUP usually has a bigger visiting section than Clarion has a home section. Think about that."

What's Clarion's enrollment these days? I think you probably could get Ship's entire undergraduate enrollment out for a game (not counting parents, etc.) and probably not fill the Seth Grove stands. And I'm pretty sure Clarion is a good deal smaller than we are at this point.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fightingscot82;n825352]

1,500[/QUOTE]

Yikes, St. Vincent has more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Clarion used to be a booming little town.

I think at it's high-water mark it may have been around 7,000 or so. There used to be a lot of good college bars up there. In fact, Clarion probably had one of the better college bar scenes around in the late 90s and early 00s.

That campus is nicer right now than it's ever been. It's a shame.

Obviously it has some challenges. Being up there in the mountains isn't for everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupnation View Post

iup fans at the cig are in a coma for most games and we are better than that so it would never happen.

We don’t run messages across our video board to disrespect the opposition nor do we put up banner that read f*** the opposition that the visiting stand have to stare at all game long. The worst thing that could have happened to your iup hating ass at the cig was the floor in the rickety press box giving way and you landed on the ground behind the home stands.

Scoreboardgate was my first visit to east dennyburg. You know what they say about first impressions lasting forever. Bannergate was my first visit to ship too. They just don’t have announcers who hate on iup. I’ve only been on the visiting side at east schools and the only places where i didn’t see any boorish behavior directed at iup has been at bloomsburg and walk on u.
              wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Did youse have a parade around the Jimmy statue to celebrate your rare fluke win over IUP? Torts brain fog was your Game MVP. I
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 04-26-2024, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• I went to IUP and always wondered why we didn’t get a new stadium?

also, I now live close to shep and always wanted to see a game there. I have a friend who lives right beside shep and says its crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
                      I went to IUP and always wondered why we didn’t get a new stadium?

also, I now live close to shep and always wanted to see a game there. I have a friend who lives right beside shep and says its crazy

At least renovations. Getting rid of the prison fence and replace the home side would be a massive improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
                        I went to IUP and always wondered why we didn’t get a new stadium?

Go check out slippery rock @ shepherd in week 2. Stadium should be packed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Did youse have a parade around the Jimmy statue to celebrate your rare fluke win over IUP? Torts brain fog was your Game MVP. I
                          There's no asterik, so it counts like any other horrible, inexcusable loss you've suffered. Word has it the refs at the Spring Scrimmage gave Torts a TO Chart...
                          Last edited by WarriorVoice; 04-27-2024, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

There's no asterik, so it counts like any other horrible, inexcusable loss you've suffered. Word has it the refs at the Spring Scrimmage gave Torts a TO Chart...
                            It counts but you know you only won because IUP ****ed up. It is true that every mangy dog has its day.

Was it the TO chart from the day Denny retired and walked off the field?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X