Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may in fact be the first game where the Ferris scholarship advantage is matched...Ferris uses the TIP program in Michigan and VSU uses the Hope program in Georgia. Both teams are a little above FCS level for scholarships and just a bit below D1 levels. So if you don't think scholarship numbers matter look who is in the finals. That said the weather on Saturday favors the Ferris running game and a QB that has played on the biggest of stages and won before. I dont think VSU will be able to stop the Ferris running game and that will be the difference. Ferris 48 VSU 31. If the officials call holding then adjust it to Ferris 38 VSU 31. Either way I cannot see VSU being on top at the end. if Ferris loses it will be due to their own errors, which they are fully capable of doing.

Comment

Or if the officials call the stomps and kicks after the play is over.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

The GLIAC is a top heavy conference. There are 2 top teams and then the rest are fighting for middle of the pack. If Valdosta or West Florida for that fact switched places with Ferris they both would win the GLIAC annually. I doubt Ferris would go through the GSC undefeated. And don't blame us because you're offense wants to throw fades on 3rd and 1 in close games. A couple of our games should have been won by GV, but your coaches are very efficient at showing what crapping the bed really looks like. This isn't a "woe is us" type deal, but the lack of respect you are giving Valdosta is crazy. You act like this is Alabama vs UMass.

2018 if it weren't for a bad pass int call and one of their guys tipping a ball back to us for a touchdown, we'd have lost by at least 10, probably more. Again, not sure how that fits the definition of us crapping the bed in that game either.

They gave up 61 pts to West Florida..a passing team. Although we can pass I don't think anyone would confuse Jared B. with Austin Reed when they drop back in the pocket.

I know you're in your feelings at this time of the year, but this is an evenly matched game. We'll see how things play out.
        You're right. It's not Alabama vs UMass. It's Alabama vs Toledo.

If you don't win this game by 3 TD's, something went horrendously wrong.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

You're right. It's not Alabama vs UMass. It's Alabama vs Toledo.

If you don't win this game by 3 TD's, something went horrendously wrong.
          Just to understand your reasoning. Are you saying Ferris is just that good this year? or do you think VSU is just that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
            Or if the officials call the stomps and kicks after the play is over.
            This is dumb. Ferris plays with a ton of freedom from coaches throughout the game which is why they collect so many flags and also fumble a lot. But this is saying they are a dirty team which isnt true. Every team has bad apples who do things after the whistle, but from my experience its usually the teams that suck who are the worst offenders of this.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Just to understand your reasoning. Are you saying Ferris is just that good this year? or do you think VSU is just that bad?
              Ferris scored 47 points while committing 8 turnovers and their #3 QB playing. They could be in the FCS playoffs.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Valdosta has a great offense. It's not the defense they've had in the past and Ferris should be able to run through them all day. VSU will put some points up, too, but it feels like a 42-31 Ferris kind of game.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                  .Ferris uses the TIP program in Michigan and VSU uses the Hope program in Georgia. Both teams are a little above FCS level for scholarships and just a bit below D1 levels.
                  So they both have over 63 scholarship equivalents?

And do you think no other schools do something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

So they both have over 63 scholarship equivalents?

And do you think no other schools do something similar?
                    I am sure there is some private schools that might have something to offer perhaps, but as far as public in Michigan anyway I think only SVSU and FSU have the TIP program because they offer an associates degree programs. And yea if you can use it I guess why not right? If you can have 60-80 guys on money it beats having only 36 on money...VSU has a good deal too if kids can qualifiy.

Comment

When VSU is really clicking, they can put up the numbers too. They got over 700 yards against W Georgia coached by Coach Dean who has won 2 national championships. The first time we played them we only won by 3, but like the Colorada Mines game, we led by double digits until fumbles and a punt return, made it 3 points or so in the end. No mistakes the second time we played West Georgia, we won by over 3 touchdowns, so we have been our own worse enemy. They almost did us in with Colorado Mines.

Comment

The way I look at it. Both teams are winners just by being here. If Ferris does win, enjoy it. Nothing like being called the national champion.

Comment

TIP provides a student with $2000 if they were on medicaid for 2 consecutive years between 3rd and 12th grades. That's on a tuition that is around $12,400 per semester with room and board. The rest is a partial athletic scholarship (if received), financial aid and whatever can be scraped together after that. Didn't know 2k made us right below a D1 program. I don't know the ratio of how many players are getting TIP, but I doubt when coach is putting his recruiting list together, he has players separated by who was and wasn't on Medicaid for 2 yrs when growing up. TIP is designed to provide students (not football players) with an additional means to offset college tuition. It's a Ferris initiated program, but any school can make a decision to provide that kind of assistance to prospective students. It's a tool in the toolbox, TA would be an idiot not to take advantage of that.

Does that give us somewhat of an advantage over other D2 schools at our level? Maybe. Other schools may have similar programs I'm not aware of (like Valdosta/Hope). But definitely gives us an advantage over schools who don't even provide the full 36 schollies as far as numbers go.

But to be clear, that's not our main advantage we have in recruiting when it comes to out of state talent. Our advantage is our out-of-state tuition is exactly the same as our in-state tuition. So a kid from Florida, Georgia, Texas, Cali., etc is paying the same as a kid from Michigan. So if I'm a border line FCS partial scholarship kid getting recruited by an in-state FCS school, why not go to Ferris whose tuition is 5k less, and I may have a better chance of seeing the field.
                          Last edited by DawgUp; 12-14-2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ferris scored 47 points while committing 8 turnovers and their #3 QB playing. They could be in the FCS playoffs.
                            Just asked a question boss. No need to be so defensive

Comment

Interesting, both teams have only lost 2 times in the last 3 seasons -4 total losses-West Florida has 3 of those wins-Valdosta over Ferris for the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                                TIP provides a student with $2000 if they were on medicaid for 2 consecutive years between 3rd and 12th grades. That's on a tuition that is around $12,400 per semester with room and board. The rest is a partial athletic scholarship (if received), financial aid and whatever can be scraped together after that. Didn't know 2k made us right below a D1 program. I don't know the ratio of how many players are getting TIP, but I doubt when coach is putting his recruiting list together, he has players separated by who was and wasn't on Medicaid for 2 yrs when growing up. TIP is designed to provide students (not football players) with an additional means to offset college tuition. It's a Ferris initiated program, but any school can make a decision to provide that kind of assistance to prospective students. It's a tool in the toolbox, TA would be an idiot not to take advantage of that.

Does that give us somewhat of an advantage over other D2 schools at our level? Maybe. Other schools may have similar programs I'm not aware of (like Valdosta/Hope). But definitely gives us an advantage over schools who don't even provide the full 36 schollies as far as numbers go.

But to be clear, that's not our main advantage we have in recruiting when it comes to out of state talent. Our advantage is our out-of-state tuition is exactly the same as our in-state tuition. So a kid from Florida, Georgia, Texas, Cali., etc is paying the same as a kid from Michigan. So if I'm a border line FCS partial scholarship kid getting recruited by an in-state FCS school, why not go to Ferris whose tuition is 5k less, and I may have a better chance of seeing the field.
                                That is phase II TIP money you are talking about, look a little closer at Phase I money...also the out of state deal is sweet too...but whatever...if Ferris does not bring home the title this year I would be amazed. I assume you are going down to Texas to cheer the lads on!! I wonder how ticket sales are going for the Ferris faithful. Did the school offer any charter flights or buses?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X