X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Techster said it, so shall it be. Lol
    He has been pretty darn accurate all year.

Comment

I think a lot of people feel Storm was the logical choice but was not given real consideration. Baliff was the 3rd choice 2 others turned it down.

Comment

Who were the other two?

Comment

RMAC Head Coach and a Texas DI FBS assistant

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
            RMAC Head Coach and a Texas DI FBS assistant
            I believe there was a third who also turned down. No?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              I believe there was a third who also turned down. No?

They turned down Commerce? Things that make you say Hmm?

This is one of those rare instances a coach looking for a new job in this business kind of dreams of. Taking over a program with three consecutive great seasons, etc. Most of them are taking over a program which had been spinning its wheels or is a complete dumpster fire.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

This is one of those rare instances a coach looking for a new job in this business kind of dreams of. Taking over a program with three consecutive great seasons, etc. Most of them are taking over a program which had been spinning its wheels or is a complete dumpster fire.
                Alot easier to succeed at a dumpster fire, case in pount Nesbitt at WT.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                  Alot easier to succeed at a dumpster fire, case in pount Nesbitt at WT.
                  Nesbitt succeeded one year with the holdovers from the previous coaching staff. After that, he WAS the dumpster fire.

Comment

Last edited by DIIguru; 12-09-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I bet he was just trying to get a raise. It's a good move by established head coaches that are highly prized at their current school.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                        Yes. Without hesitation.

Things aren't always as they appear. Lets just say there are a lot of moving parts.....and Carthel left just at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          Yes. Without hesitation.

Things aren't always as they appear. Lets just say there are a lot of moving parts.....and Carthel left just at the right time.
                          LOL. yeah, this whole joint is circling the drain. LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                            LOL. yeah, this whole joint is circling the drain. LMAO.
                            LOL

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic about the hire. I think if we had never hired Guy Morriss, people would be a lot more excited about Bailiff. It's easy to just stick the "not young/former D1 coach" label on him and assume he's going to be Morriss II. I dont think that at all for a lot of different reasons, but I can understand the hesitation to get excited because of it.

I'm going to take a shocking stance here, on a message board, and take a "give him a chance/wait and see how it plays out" view. I don't know everything, and I don't have a crystal ball. Crazy, I know. But I think if you look around online about what other coaches/football people are saying, this is a home run hire. He's also keeping a couple of guys around from the Carthel staff so some stability will help initially/recruiting. One of my closest friends was around him on a day to day basis for years at Rice, and he thinks Bailiff is great. Texas high school coaches across the state love the guy and have been very outspoken about the hire.

We will see.
                              Last edited by LionFan; 12-10-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                                I'm cautiously optimistic about the hire. I think if we had never hired Guy Morriss, people would be a lot more excited about Bailiff. It's easy to just stick the "not young/former D1 coach" label on him and assume he's going to be Morriss II. I dont think that at all for a lot of different reasons, but I can understand the hesitation to get excited because of it.

I'm going to take a shocking stance here, on a message board, and take a "give him a chance/wait and see how it plays out" view. I don't know everything, and I don't have a crystal ball. Crazy, I know. But I think if you look around online about what other coaches/football people are saying, this is a home run hire. He's also keeping a couple of guys around from the Carthel staff so some stability will help initially/recruiting. One of my closest friends was around him on a day to day basis for years at Rice, and he thinks Bailiff is great. Texas high school coaches across the state love the guy and have been very outspoken about the hire.

We will see.
                                I agree. I think this is the source of much of the reluctance. However, usually DII hires are young up and comers, not former DI's, unless the DI is trying to rehabilitate themselves after some scandal at the DI level. Thais not the case with Bailiff, so I'm like you in that the jury, so to speak is till out on this one. It doesn't fit the typical mold, but that is not always bad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X