X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: Softball

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Bad draw, seems like Mesa is usually pretty good
    Not according to Jeremy Bryant. He was questioning whether they should make the field over Angelo.

From twitter

The @NCAADII committee will have to decide between a Colorado Mesa team who went 45-9 in a weak conference or Angelo State who went 34-20 in arguably the toughest conference in D2 softball
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Here are the tournament brackets: https://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/f...Selections.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
        Not according to Jeremy Bryant. He was questioning whether they should make the field over Angelo.

From twitter
        Interesting, I guess I'm out of the loop.

Looks like you may have something to cheer about this year, they ought to be able to win the regional

Comment

Interesting, I guess I'm out of the loop.

Looks like you may have something to cheer about this year, they ought to be able to win the regional
          Mesa is always a mixed bag, their record is always great but they play a bunch of nobodies. My guess would be that if Mesa were in our conference, they would be competing for 3-4 most years. I don't think they had a single win over a top 25 program.
          Correction: They played Dixie St in early March when Dixie was #22. Dixie ended the season not ranked at all.
          Last edited by ASURAM2010; 05-07-2019, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
            Mesa is always a mixed bag, their record is always great but they play a bunch of nobodies. My guess would be that if Mesa were in our conference, they would be competing for 3-4 most years. I don't think they had a single win over a top 25 program.
            Correction: They played Dixie St in early March when Dixie was #22. Dixie ended the season not ranked at all.
            I saw a clip on the local news last night of WTs coach. She seemed to be pretty optimistic about there chances against Mesa. She said they could swing the bat and she talked about one of their pitchers. I still wouldn't be surprised to see WT lose due to lack of pitching

Comment

I saw a clip on the local news last night of WTs coach. She seemed to be pretty optimistic about there chances against Mesa. She said they could swing the bat and she talked about one of their pitchers. I still wouldn't be surprised to see WT lose due to lack of pitching
              I said at the beginning of the year how our pitching would be what dictates the success of our season, and boy was I right. Although, I would much rather have been wrong about that and still be playing. WT is going to be dangerous because of how potent that offense can be. I would bet that Kylee doesn't see a ton of pitches to hit this weekend, unless absolutely necessary.
              I fully expect you guys to beat Mesa and then match up with Kingsville.

I was looking at the different regional brackets and the south central (combining the two) is hands down the toughest region in the country based on national rankings. I think of the 8 teams, 5 are ranked (3 in the top 10) and one other is receiving votes. The south central region 1 bracket is absolutely brutal as 3 of the 4 are ranked in the top 11 in the country. Kingsville at 3, WT at 9, Mesa at 11. The other regional has Commerce at 7, Tarleton at 19, Cameron receiving votes and then Dixie State

Comment

WT takes down Mesa, 7-3, and will likely play Kingsville tomorrow.

Comment

• Expect kind of chaotic schedule starting tomorrow. The area is going to get a lot of rain starting tonight and lasting into Saturday. Might push some games into Sunday or Monday if the worse case scenarios pan out.

Comment

WT, Kingsville, Tarleton, and Commerce all won today and advance in winners bracket. WT faces Kingsville, and Tarleton faces Commerce tomorrow. Any of these 4 teams, plus Cameron, would probably be #1 seeds in any other region at the end of the year. This is a brutal conference. And that's with Angelo on a down year.
                    Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 05-09-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                      WT, Kingsville, Tarleton, and Commerce all won today and advance in winners bracket. WT faces Kingsville, and Tarleton faces Commerce tomorrow. Any of these 4 teams, plus Cameron, would probably be #1 seeds in any other region at the end of the year. This is a brutal conference. And that's with Angelo on a down year.
                      Yea hope you caught us this year...:smile-big:
                      But couldn't agree more with your sentiment. And next year it is only going to get worse when you add in the folks from the Heartland. This conference is brutal.

Comment

Yea hope you caught us this year...:smile-big:
                        But couldn't agree more with your sentiment. And next year it is only going to get worse when you add in the folks from the Heartland. This conference is brutal.
                        Yup, next year's Regionals IN ALL sports will have 1 RMAC team and the rest LSC.

Comment

Didn't realize that Commerce won yesterday 3-0 while only getting 1 hit.
                          The Commerce/Tarleton game right now is an absolute gem (if you like pitching) 2 hits combined between the two.

Comment

Kingsville can't seem to find a way to stream the WT/Kingsville game. No video. No stats. Penny-ante BS on Kingsville's part. It worked okay yesterday. Did they not even check it out pre-game? I hear WT is ahead 3-0. 4th inning?

Comment

Didn't realize that Commerce won yesterday 3-0 while only getting 1 hit.
                              The Commerce/Tarleton game right now is an absolute gem (if you like pitching) 2 hits combined between the two.
                              Commerce got the 2-0 win on a 2 strike, 2 out walkoff homerun in the bottom of the 7th from our freshman catcher. What a great game. Each team only had 2 hits.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                                Kingsville can't seem to find a way to stream the WT/Kingsville game. No video. No stats. Penny-ante BS on Kingsville's part. It worked okay yesterday. Did they not even check it out pre-game? I hear WT is ahead 3-0. 4th inning?
                                Down 7-3 in top of 6th

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X