Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Softball

My daughter and son-in-law have a 21 month old boy, our only grandchild. They live in Austin. They used to go out clubbing to listen to live music a couple times a week. No more. They used to go to the movies a lot. No more. They used to eat out a lot (after 7pm). No more.

Everything revolves around Calvin. Dinner between 5/6. Bedtime at 8. Instead of movies, dinners out, and live music clubbing, it's going to the park, taking the dog to the bark park, farmer's market on Sat/Sun morning, and the occasional quick weekend lunch at Whole Foods with Cal in tow (he can play at the outside dining playground area). Things change.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      My daughter and son-in-law have a 21 month old boy, our only grandchild. They live in Austin. They used to go out clubbing to listen to live music a couple times a week. No more. They used to go to the movies a lot. No more. They used to eat out a lot (after 7pm). No more.

Everything revolves around Calvin. Dinner between 5/6. Bedtime at 8. Instead of movies, dinners out, and live music clubbing, it's going to the park, taking the dog to the bark park, farmer's market on Sat/Sun morning, and the occasional quick weekend lunch at Whole Foods with Cal in tow (he can play at the outside dining playground area). Things change.
      THIS.

Comment

JakeTAMUC: s/b no problem in getting a room in Kingsville, lots of new chain motels on Hwy 77 near Kingsville NAS, just five/six easy miles from campus. Would like to drive Houston to K'ville on the 1st to see that matchup (Lions and Hogetts), going to be interesting.

Conference this year is going to be a b_____, I noticed the other day the top four teams (TSU, Lions, Angelo, Hogs...) had about 43, 44 wins and a collective four losses. So, going to be a dogfight IMO.

Say the Hogs in Conroe for 5 games, and one game in San Antonio, and they are for real, just young in playing frosh and sophs, including their backups being frosh and sophs too.

If you get to Kingsville, look up Missouri Javelina, he is big time fan and will be at the stadium on the 1st I am sure.

lantana

Comment

Comment

Crazy game in San Angelo tonight. WT scores 8 runs in the top of the 7th, and holds on to win 10-6. Lair is undefeated at 6-0 but with a very high ERA. She went the distance.

I'm really encouraged by this win. It would have been easy to throw in the towel in the 7th and lose this game. Angelo is very well coached and can never be taken lightly.

The big question is where was freshman sensation Huggins? She has missed the last 2 games. We need her!

Comment

WT beats Angelo, 7-1, as Shayne Starkey delivers one of her best pitching performances of the season.

Comment

WT SWEEPS Angelo State, with the nightcap win of 9-6. Lair ran into difficulties in the 6th, giving up 4 runs (one was unearned). However she recovered her composure in the 7th, retiring the first 3 batters.

I don't know what kind of pep talk Candace gave before the series, but it must have been a really good one! Sweeping the #1 team on the road is quite an accomplishment.

Comment

Your Lady's have a championship team. Aren't they ranked #1 ??

V-State is # 7th
                  Tarelton is #8th
                  <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                    Your Lady's have a championship team. Aren't they ranked #1 ??
                    Angelo was rated #1 coming into the series.WT isn't ranked, but I expect that to change.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      Angelo was rated #1 coming into the series.WT isn't ranked, but I expect that to change.
                      Indubitably !! :good:
                      <>

Comment

Commerce is #5. LSC is a beast this year.

Comment

Lady Javelinas held on to take the series opener from Tarleton. Hope our young squad can hang out with the big dogs.
                          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                            WT SWEEPS Angelo State, with the nightcap win of 9-6. Lair ran into difficulties in the 6th, giving up 4 runs (one was unearned). However she recovered her composure in the 7th, retiring the first 3 batters.

I don't know what kind of pep talk Candace gave before the series, but it must have been a really good one! Sweeping the #1 team on the road is quite an accomplishment.

Comment

Considering we went 1-4 against Angelo last year, with better hitting and pitching, I am pleasantly surprised. LCU is up next, and they also give us fits. I was hoping we would go at least 2-2 over these 4 games, but now I am hoping 4-0. By the way, Coveney was ejected from the first game yesterday and also didn't play in the second. I didn't see the play but she apparently hit ASU's catcher too hard when trying to score.

I'm still worried about the pitching. Starkey's ERA is twice what it was last year. Halbert is gone. Lair has a perfect record, but a very high ERA.

Player era w-l app-gs cg sho sv ip h r er bb so 2b 3b hr ab b/avg wp hbp bk sfa sha
                              Kourtney Coveney 3.24 0-3 6-0 0 0/0 1 8.1 12 6 3 5 7 3 0 0 35 .343 1 1 0 0 2
                              Shayne Starkey 5.72 4-1 10-6 2 0/0 1 39.1 57 27 25 17 29 12 2 1 168 .339 4 7 0 3 3
                              Kyra Lair 5.91 6-0 10-9 4 0/0 0 45.2 51 33 30 25 30 11 0 7 182 .280 2 8 0 1 6
                              Totals 5.59 10-4 15-15 6 0/0 2 93.1 120 66 58 47 66 26 2 8 385 .312 7 16 0 4 11
                              Opponents 11.95 4-10 15-15 4 0/0 0 92.2 146 137 123 92 74 25 9 30 416 .351 14 10 0 4 3

Comment

Lady Javs went 2-1 against the * Unisex Texans this weekend. I hope the Lady Javs will start getting some love in the polls.

(*) Denotes the change in mascot ID at Texas A&M System School- Stephenville . :laugh:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X