Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Softball

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    I think that is what some of the other teams who have won it recently have had. The girl from two years ago at Mankato is now pitching for the US national team. I would put a decent amount of money that she could have gone and played at any school in the country and been a weekend starter, at any level.
    Coley Ries was amazing. She almost had her career ended by an arm injury. They shut her down, she did all the rehab work, and came back to dominate. Could she have played for the Gophers? Probably. She was that once in a lifetime gal- she had the arm, the brains and the heart to do it. And she was a standout in tennis and basketball too.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      Coley Ries was amazing. She almost had her career ended by an arm injury. They shut her down, she did all the rehab work, and came back to dominate. Could she have played for the Gophers? Probably. She was that once in a lifetime gal- she had the arm, the brains and the heart to do it. And she was a standout in tennis and basketball too.

She's a whole lot prettier without her headgear!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        Nothing to do with softball but he was given a more than fair trial to produce. Candace deserves a comparable trial.
        Explain to me why a pass should be given if the WT SB program spirals downward? I'm not saying it will, despite a poor 3-3 start. But, if it does, I won't be making or accepting excuses for the HC. She was the asst coach for Blaskowski and now HC for a year, supposedly in charge of recruiting. Abrams has had ample forewarning and time to recruit needs. It's not like the mess Hughes was handed. SB shouldn't miss a beat. If it does.........it's the HC who's responsible.

It will be a damn shame to see WT SB languish. I hope it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          Explain to me why a pass should be given if the WT SB program spirals downward? I'm not saying it will, despite a poor 3-3 start. But, if it does, I won't be making or accepting excuses for the HC. She was the asst coach for Blaskowski and now HC for a year, supposedly in charge of recruiting. Abrams has had ample forewarning and time to recruit needs. It's not like the mess Hughes was handed. SB shouldn't miss a beat. If it does.........it's the HC who's responsible.

I agree with you. As a family member of a recent WT SB player, I am concerned, like you, about the state of the WT SB team. They shouldn't be taking a step backwards.
          Last edited by ASUPops; 02-05-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Obviously I don't want to see the team go downhill either. I just think 2 years is too short of a time to evaluate Candace barring a major collapse this year.

I think the competition at this tournament was tougher than previous opening tournaments.

I do agree Hughes was handed a mess.

Comment

She's a whole lot prettier without her headgear!
              She is. And every time I have talked to her she shows a great personality.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                She is. And every time I have talked to her she shows a great personality.
                Trust me - I'm a big fan!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  I agree with you. As a family member of a recent WT SB player, I am concerned, like you, about the state of the WT SB team. They shouldn't be taking a step backwards.
                  Man how did you let family go to WT? I thought you were better than that! 707, hahah

Comment

Saw the Hogetts play in Conroe, something big time brewing down there in the Ville... 7 and 0 on season as of last night, and playing about 2/3 frosh and sophs...

Coach Nicholson appears to know what he is doing....

lantana

Comment

Image didn't post

Comment

Originally posted by lantana View Post
                        Saw the Hogetts play in Conroe, something big time brewing down there in the Ville... 7 and 0 on season as of last night, and playing about 2/3 frosh and sophs...

lantana
                        Yes, they did great in a really tough field. Trying to juggle my schedule right now to get down there for the Commerce series on weekend of March 1. If I make the trip, where should I stay? Might have to bring the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by lantana View Post

lantana
                          Yep. They're now 10-0 and off to the best start ever. It's still too early to tell how they'll do against the better teams in our conference, but I will say that even toward the end of last year's season it appeared they started showing signs of being a really scrappy team and seemed to give everyone a tough game. Coach Nicholson has done a really good job in just his 2nd year at Hog Nation.

Comment

ASU went 4-0 (2 games pending today) against below average competition. They scored 49 runs in 4 games capped off by a 19-0 perfect game against Adams St.
                            I've said it before, the offense is going to have to carry this team because the pitching staff doesn't have the shut down ace we've had in prior years. Still should be a regional qualifier but the pitching will determine the level of success that they reach. We are getting quality production up and down the line up with 2 freshman and new to the team sophomore making sizable contributions early. I think a big surprise (at least for me) is the offensive output of Mykayla Stroud. She is hitting .500 with a .917 slugging while leading the team in home runs, RBI's, hits, and total bases. A pleasant surprise from a year ago when she was known more for her defense.

Comment

WT's season is off to a rocky start, especially pitching. However we do have some good freshmen to brag on. Salzman and especially Huggins are doing really well. Huggins has become a hitting machine, which is good because a couple of starting juniors are having slow seasons. http://www.lonestarconference.org/st...ball&year=2019

Hopefully the pitching will get back on track and some more newbies will rise to the occasion. The team only has 18 players this year and less than half are hitters.

Comment

WT's season is off to a rocky start, especially pitching. However we do have some good freshmen to brag on. Salzman and especially Huggins are doing really well. Huggins has become a hitting machine, which is good because a couple of starting juniors are having slow seasons. http://www.lonestarconference.org/st...ball&year=2019

Hopefully the pitching will get back on track and some more newbies will rise to the occasion. The team only has 18 players this year and less than half are hitters.
                                Why the low roster numbers?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X