Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Softball

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
    The Lady Javs got the sweep over the number two ranked team in the nation in Commerce. So that is five wins in six games over two top ten teams and 19-2 overall record.

Can these ladies get some love in the polls please?
    WOW! You can bet they will be in the top 25 now.

Comment

Kingsville has a good team. Commerce offense has disappeared over the last 2 weeks. Gonna be a disappointing season if they dont start hitting better.

Comment

Lady Buff's kicked a field goal in the bottom of the 6th this afternoon to run rule LCU 18-9. Wait, wait, wait, that was a 3 run homer by freshman Salzman, her second of the game, not a field goal. Jeez, if the Lady Buffs just had some consistent pitching.... If they had even a 3.0 ERA.......!!! It's a tall order to keep out-scoring teams. Pitching usually trumps hitting. 13 wins in a row for WT.

I sure hope Abrams goes out and find a stud pitcher for next season. Or better, Starkey and Lair turn it around sooooon.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-05-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          Lady Buff's kicked a field goal in the bottom of the 6th this afternoon to run rule LCU 18-9. Wait, wait, wait, that was a 3 run homer by freshman Salzman, her second of the game, not a field goal. Jeez, if the Lady Buffs just had some consistent pitching.... If they had even a 3.0 ERA.......!!! It's a tall order to keep out-scoring teams. Pitching usually trumps hitting. 13 wins in a row for WT.

I sure hope Abrams goes out and find a stud pitcher for next season. Or better, Starkey and Lair turn it around sooooon.
          I wish too, but as we discussed earlier I think this season will run just as far as the pitching we have will take us. Our defense & hitting are gradually improving (both needed it too). I do believe Lair will improve on control & if the strength & conditioning holds true she will gain a good bit of speed too.

Comment

One thing I do like about this year's team is that they find a way to win. In the 3 MSU games, we had 4 hits per game, but swept the series.

In the last 2 LCU matches, it was a free-for-all with plenty of unearned runs, but today we gave up 6 earned runs - not good, but we won. Against Angelo, Starkey held Angelo to 1 run, in her complete game win.

Last year we went 1-4 against Angelo, this year we are 3-0 so far. LCU ran over us last year, but this year we are 2-1 against them. We have only lost 1 game by more than 1 run, so evidently the team feels like they can win any game (unlike last year).

If you like variety, and winning, this is the team to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
              One thing I do like about this year's team is that they find a way to win. In the 3 MSU games, we had 4 hits per game, but swept the series.

In the last 2 LCU matches, it was a free-for-all with plenty of unearned runs, but today we gave up 6 earned runs - not good, but we won. Against Angelo, Starkey held Angelo to 1 run, in her complete game win.

Last year we went 1-4 against Angelo, this year we are 3-0 so far. LCU ran over us last year, but this year we are 2-1 against them. We have only lost 1 game by more than 1 run, so evidently the team feels like they can win any game (unlike last year).

If you like variety, and winning, this is the team to watch.
              *YAWN*

Comment

Fastpitch news DII rankings: https://fastpitchnews.com/scoreboard...=7&l=NCAA%20D2

Coaches Poll: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d2/nfca-coaches

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  Interesting rankings. I think we are over-ranked. I know Commerce and Kingsville will be big challenges for us.

Comment

WT fell on hard times against UT Permian, losing 1 game to a team with a 3-17 record and a winless pitcher. The Lady Buffs managed only one run in that game.

They did win the other 2 games, and blew them out in the finale with Coveney pitching the entire game.

How did everyone else do?
                    Last edited by WT_TKW; 03-10-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Re: OT: Softball

Commerce run ruled ENMU all 3 games. Only allowed 1 run all weekend.

Comment

It appears that ASU could be in for a long season. We just don't have the pitching to compete. Our offense is typically going to produce enough to be in most games, but our pitching is just not close to the level that it needs to be. Really hurts when we have two scholarships to players who didn't make it to fall camp that would have been our #1 & 2 arms.

We are currently 6-6 with Kingsville and Commerce left as well as UTPB, ENMU, MSU, and Cameron. If you are an ASU fan, you've got to make it out to the field to support these ladies. They are doing the absolute best they can and are doing a great job of representing ASU with the correct demeanor on and off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                          It appears that ASU could be in for a long season. We just don't have the pitching to compete. Our offense is typically going to produce enough to be in most games, but our pitching is just not close to the level that it needs to be. Really hurts when we have two scholarships to players who didn't make it to fall camp that would have been our #1 & 2 arms.

We are currently 6-6 with Kingsville and Commerce left as well as UTPB, ENMU, MSU, and Cameron. If you are an ASU fan, you've got to make it out to the field to support these ladies. They are doing the absolute best they can and are doing a great job of representing ASU with the correct demeanor on and off the field.
                          It doesn't seem like the LSC is as strong in softball as in previous years. We definitely have challenges with pitching too, though they seem to getting better. When Starkey pitches, we have no good choices to take over left field. Still, 18-5 is a pretty good record.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                            It doesn't seem like the LSC is as strong in softball as in previous years. We definitely have challenges with pitching too, though they seem to getting better. When Starkey pitches, we have no good choices to take over left field. Still, 18-5 is a pretty good record.
                            I would agree that the LSC as a whole is up for grabs. I've got to think WT or Kingsville is sitting in the drivers seat currently. I don't know what the rest of the region looks like, but I would agree that it is a down year across the board for the LSC

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                              I would agree that the LSC as a whole is up for grabs. I've got to think WT or Kingsville is sitting in the drivers seat currently. I don't know what the rest of the region looks like, but I would agree that it is a down year across the board for the LSC
                              We are about to find out this weekend if WT softball is for real or just a paper tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by sobafish View Post
                                We are about to find out this weekend if WT softball is for real or just a paper tiger.
                                Yep should be a pretty good measuring stick

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X