Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Softball

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    WT's season is off to a rocky start, especially pitching. However we do have some good freshmen to brag on. Salzman and especially Huggins are doing really well. Huggins has become a hitting machine, which is good because a couple of starting juniors are having slow seasons. http://www.lonestarconference.org/st...ball&year=2019

Hopefully the pitching will get back on track and some more newbies will rise to the occasion. The team only has 18 players this year and less than half are hitters.
    No pitching. I fear a mediocre 28-17 type season, 4th place in the LSC. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
      Why the low roster numbers?
      We lost a couple of pretty good bats but the reasons for them leaving were known long ago, and not the coach's fault. So why weren't they replaced? I wish I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
        Yep. They're now 10-0 and off to the best start ever. It's still too early to tell how they'll do against the better teams in our conference, but I will say that even toward the end of last year's season it appeared they started showing signs of being a really scrappy team and seemed to give everyone a tough game. Coach Nicholson has done a really good job in just his 2nd year at Hog Nation.
        I hope like Gonzales with the baseball program, he's here for the longer term. Seems like the last few coaches who had success with the softball program were quickly gobbled up elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          I hope like Gonzales with the baseball program, he's here for the longer term. Seems like the last few coaches who had success with the softball program were quickly gobbled up elsewhere.
          We haven't had a really good softball coach since Brady. I think we do now.

Looking at the lineup, there are two seniors starting, 3 or 4 sophs, and 3 or 4 frosh. Pitching is 2 juniors, 1 frosh and another frosh who will get some time on the mound as well. Recruiting class for next year is already signed, though there could always be another addition or tow.
          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Hoggies sweep doubleheader from A&M - International. Record improves to 12 and 0!

I realize that conference hasn't started but it's hard not to be excited about this season and the next 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelina Alum View Post
              Hoggies sweep doubleheader from A&M - International. Record improves to 12 and 0!

I realize that conference hasn't started but it's hard not to be excited about this season and the next 3 years.
              Wow!

Comment

Commerce just finished off a good week. Run rule wins in 3 of the 5 with 4 grand slams by 3 different players during the week. This weekend swept msu by scores of 4-0, 12-0, and 9-0. Emily Otto moved to 7-0 on the season with a 3 hitter in the first game and a no hitter in the 3rd game. Her era is now below 0.060 on the season with something like 40 strikeouts and 6 walks. Her sophomore season, and the ball makes a noticeably different sound this season when it hits the glove. Cant wait to watch her continue to develop, she is going to be a great one.

Comment

WT had a great series against WNM. They set a record for homeruns and most of the bench got to participate. Huggins continues her amazing freshman season.

The next 8 days will be a good barometer of how good the team is. They are heading for Angelo then going up against LCU midweek.

We need better pitching!

Comment

WT had a great series against WNM. They set a record for homeruns and most of the bench got to participate. Huggins continues her amazing freshman season.

The next 8 days will be a good barometer of how good the team is. They are heading for Angelo then going up against LCU midweek.

We need better pitching!
                    Not that I am a softball follower, but I would bet a lot of teams have a great weekend against Western New Mexico. Just Saying. Sweep the ASU team over the wknd and then you had a great wknd.

Comment

We need better pitching!
                      It should be a good weekend this coming weekend. I foresee a lot of runs being scored by both teams. Neither team has the shutdown ace that they have had in the past, but both of young pitchers who have performed well thus far in the season.
                      Don't think I will make it out there this weekend, hopefully we will be dismissed from the hospital after the birth of our son, so I don't see many spring games in my immediate future.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                        Not that I am a softball follower, but I would bet a lot of teams have a great weekend against Western New Mexico.
                        I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                          It should be a good weekend this coming weekend. I foresee a lot of runs being scored by both teams. Neither team has the shutdown ace that they have had in the past, but both of young pitchers who have performed well thus far in the season.
                          Don't think I will make it out there this weekend, hopefully we will be dismissed from the hospital after the birth of our son, so I don't see many spring games in my immediate future.
                          I'm hoping we will score a lot of runs.

Congratulations on the birth of your son!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                            Congrats on the new boy! Be forewarned, your social, entertainment, and Ram game life will be very minimized for the next few years. But, it passes.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              Congrats on the new boy! Be forewarned, your social, entertainment, and Ram game life will be very minimized for the next few years. But, it passes.
                              This is #2 and while we did have to take a little hiatus with the first one, there is nothing big sister likes more than to go to the Ram Games....raise them up in the way they should go and they will not depart from it when they are older...obviously taking that scripture completely out of context!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X