Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Softball

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
    Lady Javs went 2-1 against the * Unisex Texans this weekend. I hope the Lady Javs will start getting some love in the polls.

(*) Denotes the change in mascot ID at Texas A&M System School- Stephenville . :laugh:
    We lost 2 straight in Kingsville last year, that was shocking. Evidently it was no fluke!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
      We lost 2 straight in Kingsville last year, that was shocking. Evidently it was no fluke!
      Coach Nicholson is the real deal.

Prior to Kingsville
      11 years at Central Arizona (JC) 723-90, 7 conference titles, 4 national championships
      7 years at Ball State 241-162, 4 conference titles, 1 NCAA appearance
      2 years at Arizona State 82-34 and 2 NCAA appearances

He was hired in June 2017. Last year's team was recruited by the previous HC. This year, about half of the team's playing time is from his first recruiting class, with the rest coming from holdovers.

This year's lineup has just two seniors, 2 sophs, 1 RS-Fr, and 3 true fresmen as full-time starters, and two true freshmen with 14 combined starts. The pitching staff is a junior and a true freshman, with another junior (who transferred this summer) getting some time as well.

He's already signed 8 freshmen for next year. The future looks bright.
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

WT wins 4 road games in a row against very good opponents.

Tonight's game seemed to be played in the Twilight Zone. I turned it on, and we trailed 8-4. Soon it was 10-5. Lair only lasted a couple of innings

It got weird after that, a player switch by Candace that made no sense to me resulted in a 2 run homer. Starkey got her usual clutch hit, as did others. We won 11-10 on a Starkey strikeout that everyone thought was a ball. However we would have had that out earlier when the ump called a strike a ball, and put an LCU player on base. Our whole infield was in shock. The LCU coach was furious at the end of the game. Lots of unearned runs for each team.

Coveney is still in the doghouse. I hope she gets out real soon.

Comment

WT wins 4 road games in a row against very good opponents.

Tonight's game seemed to be played in the Twilight Zone. I turned it on, and we trailed 8-4. Soon it was 10-5. Lair only lasted a couple of innings

It got weird after that, a player switch by Candace that made no sense to me resulted in a 2 run homer. Starkey got her usual clutch hit, as did others. We won 11-10 on a Starkey strikeout that everyone thought was a ball. However we would have had that out earlier when the ump called a strike a ball, and put an LCU player on base. Our whole infield was in shock. The LCU coach was furious at the end of the game. Lots of unearned runs for each team.

Coveney is still in the doghouse. I hope she gets out real soon.
          Coveney will be back this weekend.

Comment

Was glad to see Cordell have a good game from the plate.

Comment

New coaches poll: https://nfca.org/index.php?option=co...2019&pdiv=div2

Commerce #2, Angelo #6, Tarleton #12, WT #21. Strangely, no votes for Kingsville in top 25 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Commerce #2, Angelo #6, Tarleton #12, WT #21. Strangely, no votes for Kingsville in top 25 yet.
                If we keep winning, it will take care of itself. Hope we can do just that this weekend against etsu.
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Thanks for posting that link. I had to look up #1 Saint Anselm, which I had never heard of. Up until last year they were not on the map softball-wise. The only common team I remember us playing is Grand Valley.

Comment

This is a great video that explains how fast softball is compared to MLB.

https://youtu.be/LXEoK1dufbk

Comment

WT got by MSU last night 3-1. Lair goes 8-0. At 2pm today they play a double header.

Looks like our former SS/3B/2B is doing well with her new team, and with many fewer errors. I miss her bat, she would have been a great DP for us.

https://nsusharks.com/news/2019/2/11...7I40QpOVNlcYSM

Comment

WT sweeps MSU, and now has a winning streak of 12 games. Lair gets her first shutout, and is 9-0.

Things are looking up!

Comment

WT sweeps MSU, and now has a winning streak of 12 games. Lair gets her first shutout, and is 9-0.

Things are looking up!
                          Looking at the box score, our bats were pretty quiet. I'm out of town and didn't get to go to the games. Was the MW pitcher Muniz that good?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                            Looking at the box score, our bats were pretty quiet. I'm out of town and didn't get to go to the games. Was the MW pitcher Muniz that good?
                            In the final game, yes, she was very good. It was 2 HRs by Moore that accounted for the scoring. MSU has a good team.

In the earlier game, I thought our LF could have made the play that resulted in 2 runs. She did make another difficult play later on. We don't have much of a bench (Starkey was pitching) and what we do have are poor hitters.

Comment

The Lady Javs got the sweep over the number two ranked team in the nation in Commerce. So that is five wins in six games over two top ten teams and 19-2 overall record.

Can these ladies get some love in the polls please?

Comment

The Lady Javs got the sweep over the number two ranked team in the nation in Commerce. So that is five wins in six games over two top ten teams and 19-2 overall record.

Can these ladies get some love in the polls please?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X