Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: OT: Softball

Congrats! Commerce looks ready. Should be a great tourney, with NCAA regional host on the line.

Comment

WT only managed to win 1 of 3 against Tarleton. The Texans seem to be playing very well. I wish I could be more optimistic about our team but without amazing recruiting I don't see us above .500 next year.

Comment

Tarleton is such a dangerous team. When Withrow is on, she is virtually unhittable and that lineup is tough from top to bottom. They will be a tough out in the regional for whoever they draw.
          ASU should be much improved next year with what we have coming in and what we aren't losing. We will definitely miss Kirk behind the plate as she has been the most complete catcher ASU has in the time that I have been following them. We also lose our 1B but I believe we have a girl coming in who will fill in that role nicely. While Fogle has started in that position since she arrived on campus two years ago, there hasn't been a ton of productivity out of her offensively. This year she has improved her defense dramatically though.

Comment

WT vs Angelo State at 11 am today, followed by Tarleton vs Cameron at 1:30, Commerce vs winner of WT/ASU at 4, and Kingsville vs winner of Tarleton/Cameron at 6:30. Should be a fun day of Softball.

Heres the free video link: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/lonestar/

Comment

With ASU being the 8 seed in the last regional rankings, winning 1 or possibly even 2 games would be huge. Then we need the Heartland and RMAC to go according to play as to not take a spot away from us. I think if we can somehow pull out a win this morning, we would have a decent chance of making the regional. Then who knows what can happen at that point.

Comment

Looks like weather may be an issue for today's games

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  Looks like weather may be an issue for today's games
                  Looking at the radar, it looks like the cell is moving out of Kingsville in the next 30 minutes or so. Do they have turf or grass?

https://www.weatherbug.com/maps/?lay...172,-97.8667,7

Edit? NM, I found it. Dirt infield, grass outfield.
                  Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 05-03-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                    Looking at the radar, it looks like the cell is moving out of Kingsville in the next 30 minutes or so. Do they have turf or grass?

https://www.weatherbug.com/maps/?lay...172,-97.8667,7

Edit? NM, I found it. Dirt infield, grass outfield.
                    WT game was moved to 4

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                      WT game was moved to 4
                      Now at 6

Comment

News release"

The Lone Star Conference has announced a revised schedule for the LSC Softball Championship Tournament. The Texas A&M University-Commerce softball team will now play its semifinal round game on Saturday at 12 p.m.

Severe thunderstorms and rain delayed the start of the tournament. The quarterfinal rounds will now be played on Friday evening. Third seed West Texas A&M will face Angelo State on Friday at 6 p.m. Fourth seed Tarleton will then face fifth seed Cameron at 8:30 p.m.

The Lions will face the winner of West Texas A&M and Angelo State. The semifinal round matchup will be played at 12 p.m. on Saturday. The LSC Championship game will be played on Saturday at 7 p.m. All games will be played at Vernie and Blanche Hubert Field in Kingsville.

Comment

ASU beats WT 3-2. WT may not make the regionals if theres another upset in the RMAC or Heartland now.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                            ASU beats WT 3-2. WT may not make the regionals if theres another upset in the RMAC or Heartland now.
                            Sounds like they are on a slump and deserve to go home

Comment

I watched online. Pitcher Lair had a shaky first two innings before settling down.

Comment

St. Mary got upset in first round. This will be interesting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X