Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT-LSC Baseball

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Weather for Friday & Saturday is high 80's, breezy, and very humid.

Wonder if the humidity will effect the fellas from Mesa?
    Heck if it is anything like it was this past weekend, the humidity will affect me. You could cut the air with a knife this past weekend. And it is feeling like that again today.

Comment

Crazy how that worked out for ASU lol.

Comment

I doubt Grand Junction votes to host the JUCO world series next year (or when their current term is up). This is the first year that the D2 has gone to the regional and super regional format. In prior years, the World Series would be this coming week so it wouldn't be a big deal to Mesa, but yes that should be a huge advantage for ASU. We have proven it is difficult to beat us at home 2 out of 3 times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
          I doubt Grand Junction votes to host the JUCO world series next year (or when their current term is up). This is the first year that the D2 has gone to the regional and super regional format. In prior years, the World Series would be this coming week so it wouldn't be a big deal to Mesa, but yes that should be a huge advantage for ASU. We have proven it is difficult to beat us at home 2 out of 3 times this year.
          Lets hope this holds true this weekend. Mesa did do a number on WT pitchers ..which makes me a bit concerned. It appears that strong pitching performances, defense, and conditioning will be the keys to victory for both teams.

Comment

Lets hope this holds true this weekend. Mesa did do a number on WT pitchers ..which makes me a bit concerned. It appears that strong pitching performances, defense, and conditioning will be the keys to victory for both teams.
            I was surprised as well as how bad Mesa beat up on Joe Corbett. And this is not an excuse or anything like that, but the park Mesa plays in leads itself to tons of runs. Mesa scores almost 1.5 runs/game fewer on the road as they do at home. It will be difficult for sure this weekend, but I like our chances. Related, ASU scores .5runs/game more at home than they do on the road.

Although, the last two trips we have made to the World Series were after winning the regional at Mesa

Comment

Grand Junction is considered the permanent home of the JUCO World Series. Can't see Grand Junction city or CoC give up hosting a ten team tournament on the chance they will get to host one team every couple of years.

Comment

I was surprised as well as how bad Mesa beat up on Joe Corbett. And this is not an excuse or anything like that, but the park Mesa plays in leads itself to tons of runs. Mesa scores almost 1.5 runs/game fewer on the road as they do at home. It will be difficult for sure this weekend, but I like our chances. Related, ASU scores .5runs/game more at home than they do on the road.

Although, the last two trips we have made to the World Series were after winning the regional at Mesa
                Well, lets hope Angelo State wins Super!!!

Comment

*BUMP* To get LSC NEWS BACK ON TOP

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                    Grand Junction is considered the permanent home of the JUCO World Series. Can't see Grand Junction city or CoC give up hosting a ten team tournament on the chance they will get to host one team every couple of years.
                    That is a good point, lots more revenue from something you know is coming

Comment

What do you think the crowd will be like for the games this Friday & Saturday?

Comment

If Angelo Fan goes, like this maybe

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by javsfan View Post
                          if angelo fan goes, like this maybe

too funny!

Comment

weather is supposed to be nice on Friday, I would guess 1500 for Friday night. Not sure about Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                              If Angelo Fan goes, like this maybe
                              Angelofan will be visiting grand kids this weekend. If it goes three games we may be back in time.

Comment

weather is supposed to be nice on Friday, I would guess 1500 for Friday night. Not sure about Saturday
                                I am gonna try hard to make it

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X