Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    ASU stats from game 1: Western Oregon isn't very good, I think they would be bottom dwellers with UTPB and NMHU in the LSC.

ASU ran a total of 63 plays. 39 Rushes for 238 yards (6.1/per rush) with 3 touchdowns; 27 Passes with 21 completions for 216 yards (8.0/attempt) with 3 touchdowns. Payne Sullins looked much more decisive in his decision making and was a 20 of 24 with 3 TD's no interceptions or fumbles. Definitely less penalties and seemed to have an idea of what they wanted to do offensively.

Defensively we gave up 197 yards rushing on 53 attempts (3.7/rush) and 202 yard passing. Originally the DL looked like it was getting gashed running the football, they were able to get good pressure on passing attempts but had trouble stopping the run. We appeared to be a bit undersized at the DT position. Hunter Kyle has moved inside to LB and gives more in the passing game than previous MLB's we've had. To be successful in the LSC, we will have to figure out a way to stop the run, but felt pretty good overall defensively.

All in all, a win is a win and it was in dominating fashion with UWO scoring in garbage time. Simon Fraser comes to town next weekend and should be much of the same next weekend.

ASUPops, your kids receiving record for yards is in danger this year if Lawson Ayo has a good year. I think he was something like 750 yards short coming into the season. Just another good receiver in a line of really good receivers.
    707.LOL.707. Heck, I thought it already was....hahaha. Tells ya how much I follow stats.

Records are made to be broken. My hope is Angelo State WINS. Everything else is secondary.

Plus, I don't think LSC defenses can shut Ayo down.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

707.LOL.707. Heck, I thought it already was....hahaha. Tells ya how much I follow stats.

Records are made to be broken. My hope is Angelo State WINS. Everything else is secondary.

Plus, I don't think LSC defenses can shut Ayo down.
      With the 3 WR's we have, if they double him that will leave someone else open. Ayo makes some unbelievable catches and makes them look easy. Last night, his first touchdown was incredible. I would have put big money that he had no chance of catching in bounds but according to the officials he did.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

With the 3 WR's we have, if they double him that will leave someone else open. Ayo makes some unbelievable catches and makes them look easy. Last night, his first touchdown was incredible. I would have put big money that he had no chance of catching in bounds but according to the officials he did.
        Standing on the sidelines, looking right down the line, I, and most of the coaching staff and players, weren't sure if he made the catch or not either. However, the officials were a lot closer and both (the official on the goal line and the official at the back line) signaled it at the same time.

Comment

It appears as if Angelo's open week (Simon Fraser game) will remain.

So, the Rams will play 5 games, have a bye, finish with 5. That actually sounds ideal.

With that said, Angelo has a tough schedule in my opinion.

Comment

Surprised to see this. Why leave Angelo for Southeastern Oklahoma?

https://twitter.com/Natespage/status...46683430731778

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              Surprised to see this. Why leave Angelo for Southeastern Oklahoma?

https://twitter.com/Natespage/status...46683430731778

That’s a bit of a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

That’s a bit of a surprise.
                The only thing I can think of is Durant OK is about 20 miles from Sherman
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

The only thing I can think of is Durant OK is about 20 miles from Sherman
                  He was anticipating going D1 when he entered the portal. This is what happens to majority of athletes. They DO NOT get the big D1 they expect to. Many never play again. At least he got another offer. And as you say, close to home for his last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

He was anticipating going D1 when he entered the portal. This is what happens to majority of athletes. They DO NOT get the big D1 they expect to. Many never play again. At least he got another offer. And as you say, close to home for his last year.
                    Looks like he had an offer from Central CT in the NEC. There are better D2 conferences than the NEC, but the GAC isn’t one of them. Honestly, if he went there, he would possibly be the best player in the NEC.
                    Last edited by cwfenn; 06-23-2023, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Looks like he had an offer from Central CT in the NEC. There are better D2 conferences than the NEC, but the GAC isn’t one of them. Honestly, if he went there, he would possibly be the best player in the NEC.
                      I am interested to see how well he does without the slew of talent around him, yet with easier opponents.

I wish him well.

Comment

• The only kids I really see consistently moving to a higher level in the portal are linemen. There are exceptions but it seems to me a lot of these skill kids should stay put.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post
                          The only kids I really see consistently moving to a higher level in the portal are linemen. There are exceptions but it seems to me a lot of these skill kids should stay put.
                          Agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I assume Angelo wasnt willing to take him back?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Scholly already given to another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think our coaches are comfortable at running back and WR. Of course they would like to have Noah and Nate back but there is a lot of young talent at those positions.

I think QB maturity is the bigger issue. Several guys have the physical talent to be productive at QB but I am not sure that their decision making was where it needs to be coming out of spring training..

Not sure about replacing the defensive players that chose to transfer. There was a lot of talent there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X