Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
    No way does Texas Tech want Angelo State to move to D1. Tech has spent their entire history trying to be the only D1 school in the area.
    You Sir are 100% incorrect. It was TECH who requested the study the last time and again this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yep beat me to it.

Thats a heck of a jump having to provide 63 athletic scholarships.

Sul Ross will be interesting enough how many scholarships they are able to offer at the D2 level and how short they will fall from 36.
      There is a non-scholarship FCS conference, Pioneer Football League. The University of St Thomas made the jump from DIII to this conference last year and did well going 10-1. I have no idea if this would be an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You Sir are 100% incorrect. It was TECH who requested the study the last time and again this time.
        I didn't know there was a current study going on. The last study was funded by a private Individual who wished to remain anonymous. For all I know TT may have requested he make the donation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

A Power 5 program isn't worried about a branch school moving to FCS any more than Jerry Jones is worried about the local XFL team.

Worlds apart.
          100% correct.

Tech would welcome it so they could add Angelo to the list of FCS football Southland/WAC cupcakes that they schedule the first of the year to get the fanbase excited about going 1-0 every year.

Other sports it fills a schedule spot closer to home instead of scheduling South Carolina State.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

There is a non-scholarship FCS conference, Pioneer Football League. The University of St Thomas made the jump from DIII to this conference last year and did well going 10-1. I have no idea if this would be an option.
            Great comment.

I looked it up to see if the Pioneer League gets an automatic bid to the FCS football playoffs and they do.

If the weather gets bad and I get bored I will look it up and see how successful Pioneer teams have been in the playoffs.

Comment

• I don’t know if it would be an immediate option for UMHB, they didn’t get kicked out of a conference as UST did, everyone’s just leaving the conference to be cream puffs together away from UMHB & HSU.
              I think in this case, UMHB & HSU should either one move up, they would have to go through the LSC atleast for a couple of seasons.

Comment

Great comment.

I looked it up to see if the Pioneer League gets an automatic bid to the FCS football playoffs and they do.

If the weather gets bad and I get bored I will look it up and see how successful Pioneer teams have been in the playoffs.
                Since 2013, the PFL champion has received an invite to the FCS playoffs; previously, PFL teams had to receive an at-large bid, which no team ever received.

Pioneer Football League - Wikipedia

PFL teams are 2-12 in FCS playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Nope, I am spot on. Also, Tech is opposed to studying in general for any reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan;n752448[B
                    ]I didn't know there was a current study going on[/B]. The last study was funded by a private Individual who wished to remain anonymous. For all I know TT may have requested he make the donation.
                    Request for a new study is on the table.

Previous findings:

"After the study, Rallo said budget was one of the primary reasons that Angelo State University and the Texas Tech University System determined that a move to Division I was impractical." - 12/21/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post

Nope, I am spot on. Also, Tech is opposed to studying in general for any reason.
                      😂😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

So, members of the PFL actually belong to and compete in various FCS conferences? Only 1 public school is a member, Morehead.

Comment

• Just a smoke screen or do you think they actually care and will do their due diligence?

https://3downnation.com/2023/04/20/s...son-cancelled/

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                            Just a smoke screen or do you think they actually care and will do their due diligence?

https://3downnation.com/2023/04/20/s...son-cancelled/
                            Even if someone had a change of heart players are finding other teams to play for and other teams are filling their schedule spots with other teams.

Good luck getting any decent commits without any schedule to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Hard to believe that WT was once in a conference with a number of Power 5 schools and is now going to be making road trips to Alpine, Texas.

That should earn them the prize for the biggest downfall in NCAA history. I can't think of another that could rival that one.

That would be the rough equivalent of waking up in 50 years, and the Texas Rangers have moved down to rookie league.
                              1980 - Beat Oklahoma State with head coach Jimmy Johnson on the road in Stillwater.

2022- Lose to D2 Simon Fraser. A Canadian based team that their only victory the last couple of years is against WT and drops football shortly afterwards.

2024 - Likely road trips to Alpine and Seguin playing in front of a sold out stadium of 500 peeps.

Yeah that about sums it up.

Comment

1980 - Beat Oklahoma State with head coach Jimmy Johnson on the road in Stillwater.

2022- Lose to D2 Simon Fraser. A Canadian based team that their only victory the last couple of years is against WT and drops football shortly afterwards.

2024 - Likely road trips to Alpine and Seguin playing in front of a sold out stadium of 500 peeps.

Yeah that about sums it up.
                                Is TLU in the running to move up?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X