Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Terrible advice. Not engage someone that has some different opinions on certain topics than me? Sounds pretty boring and not educational. One should always engage with those with different experiences and opinions. Pops and I are good, regardless of agreeing or not on various topics.
    100% You are my boy...do or die!

(Sorry I don't see TAMUK09 posts unless you quote him. I blocked him awhile back. He'll figure out the dynamics, IF he lasts long enough....lol)

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

ETBU? 👀
      No.

And honestly, I can't say....but I love to tease. Not fair, but fun. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Or, for that matter, what's to stop the RMAC from making a better offer to entice Central Washington or Western Oregon? I'd think the travel from Ellensburg and Monmouth to, say, Pueblo would be less of a beating than travel to Texas.
        I AGREE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

No.

And honestly, I can't say....but I love to tease. Not fair, but fun. 😉
          I’ll keep guessing for the hell of it 😂
          SAGU?

Comment

Originally posted by Football-North View Post
            The first real home game in the new stadium vs Western New Mexico that was broken up by a lighting storm.

Well, I got this wrong! The first game was against CWU in 2021. I spent the lighting storm drinking Canadian beers in the beer garden, so that's my excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Football-North View Post
              SFU football parent here. I found this forum for news about former GNAC and LSC teams and I joined up a few months ago intending to leave a thank you message for welcoming SFU into the league even though we're done after this season. Playing in the LSC was not a long term solution and it's understandable why the decision was made. At least the LSC gave some time to formulate a plan. There are some interesting SFU stories from last year that will be a footnote for you but that we'll remember for some time. Staging games in tiny border-town Blaine, WA. The first real home game in the new stadium vs Western New Mexico that was broken up by a lighting storm. Sending WT how with the L, and the Shrum bowl. It hasn't been perfect but thank you for extending a place for us to play football.

This news has shocked all of the players, parents, alumni, and the Canadian football community. The team was blindsided by the current administration as they were preparing to play out the final LSC season and then look for a new league. There's been lots of debate about where this team is but there was excitement and anticipation for the 2024 season. There's lots of good and reasonable debate about where SFU fits for the future so I won't get into that (NAIA, D2 independent, or finding their way back to USport.) but that wasn't the immediate problem that the athletic admin has made it out to be. The current athletic and school admin made this decision without consultation of stakeholders and alumni. They didn't try very hard based on assessments within the football community. The admin claims they reached out to Usports but Usports confirmed this week they did not aside from some unofficial calls. I think they hoped this would blow over and go away and grossly underestimated the pushback that they would get.

The shock is wearing off and the alumni is currently mobilizing to reverse this decision so the team can play out the season. That being said, many players have been contacted by other programs. Some players who weren't considering looking elsewhere have now been opened up to new opportunities. Most haven't made any decisions to play elsewhere but we don't blame them if they do. So, this is a mess right now, and the team that we saw in spring camp might not look the same as the team we see playing in the fall.

Football aside, they dropped this announcement on students the week before exams at a time where they're finishing up final projects and preparing for final exams. The AD had the gaul to tell the students to their faces that it was the best possible timing for them and done with their best interests in mind. I'm so F-ing angry at this admin that they did this to 100+ athletes and coaches.

I could go on and on, but I really just wanted to drop in and give you all some news from up North. Ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them or point you in the right direction.

I will check in again and update you all with more as it unfolds, if you're interested.

As a footnote, imperfect as it is, I don't like that we agreed to a 2-year LSC agreement and are making all of these teams scramble to fill a schedule. We've had teams back out on us instead of coming North and it doesn't sit right that we're doing it to the entire LSC.
              I’ll always be grateful to SFU for helping end the Hughes era. Without that blowout loss he would surely still be at WT.

I hope cooler heads prevail and the football team gets a new lease on life. Your QB was great, he just didn’t have much help. He would be welcome at WT.

Best regards.

Comment

Cutting football because you can't play games in Texas would be as dumb as cutting your music program because you can't sing in Wyoming. Simon Fraser and the other Northwest schools should figure away around us and keep the sport.

Comment

I’ll keep guessing for the hell of it 😂
                  SAGU?
                  Hahaha....uh, no.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I’ll always be grateful to SFU for helping end the Hughes era. Without that blowout loss he would surely still be at WT.

I hope cooler heads prevail and the football team gets a new lease on life. Your QB was great, he just didn’t have much help. He would be welcome at WT.

Best regards.
                    There you are! I was wondering were you've been.

100% correct!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Hahaha....uh, no.
                      Texas Wesleyan? 😂

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Best regards.
                        Honestly if no one cared Hughes probably would still be at WT.

McBroom and Wendler faced intense heat from WT alumni on facebook and others threatening to pull donations.

I look at Hughes twitter from time to time to see if he has landed somewhere else but dont see anything yet.

I am still annoyed the way Hughes ran WT football into the ground but he does deserve an opportunity as a defensive coordinator somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Or, for that matter, what's to stop the RMAC from making a better offer to entice Central Washington or Western Oregon? I'd think the travel from Ellensburg and Monmouth to, say, Pueblo would be less of a beating than travel to Texas.
                          What value do they offer to the RMAC full time?

I am too lazy to do the extensive research on both teams but the top half of the RMAC is pretty stout in all 3 major sports and secondary sports.

Both teams need the LSC or the RMAC, the conferences do not need them especially the RMAC.

If more LSC teams start jumping ship for D1 then the conversation may need to be revisited.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post
                            Enlighten me.

On taking the conference name to FCS, if the majority of the schools vote to move to FCS, that would be possible. The LSC, as a conference, was in the NAIA back in the day. Then the conference moved to NCAA D2.

Of course, NCAA approval would be required. But I assumed that went without saying.
                            This is the part that doesn't work.

A conference and all of its members cannot reclassify in unison. Each school must receive an invitation from a current D1 conference in good standing.

Comment

Texas Wesleyan? 😂
                              You just won't quit until you name evert school. 😂😂

Comment

Maybe Angelo can replace SFU game with Bemidji State or New Haven on 10/7??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X