Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    While I would love to see him or others from the conference make it....however, these "draft sites" are more for clicks than guys who'll be getting a legit shot of making the league. I'm just being real honest and forthcoming here. Often times the guys who land on the All-Conf team can be a starting point for that kinda deep look and then if guys get invites for legit all star kinda games..not the games where they have to pay $$ to participate. That said, our D2 guy Josh Buchanon will have a list in a month or so.
    Completely agree. Maybe he makes it to a rookie camp at best, but I'm not expecting much. The Mustang connection to watch will be Michael Griffin, who transferred to SDSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Completely agree. Maybe he makes it to a rookie camp at best, but I'm not expecting much. The Mustang connection to watch will be Michael Griffin, who transferred to SDSU.
      I was reading Griffin might be practice squad at best. It will be cool if he does get there, though.

Comment

• Who are the candidates??? Any word???

Comment

• Not football related, but SMSU decided not to renew the soccer coach's contract.

We've now replaced (or are replacing):

Athletic Director
          Assistant Athletic Director
          Wrestling Coach
          Volleyball Coach
          Soccer Coach
          Football Coach

All within roughly the span of a year. I also have a gut feeling our baseball coach isn't that far from retirement.

Not too worried about retaining Bigler and Webb, but man... we got our work cut out for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
            Not football related, but SMSU decided not to renew the soccer coach's contract.

Athletic Director
            Wrestling Coach
            Volleyball Coach
            Soccer Coach
            Football Coach

All within roughly the span of a year. I also have a gut feeling our baseball coach isn't that far from retirement.

Not too worried about retaining Bigler and Webb, but man... we got our work cut out for us.
            I did the numbers recently, and only 5 programs have had the same coach for 5 years or longer....

Baseball (Blanchard)
            Golf (Webskowski)
            Men's Basketball (Bigler)
            Wheelchair Basketball (Klinkner)
            Women's Basketball (Webb)

Comment

Not football related, but SMSU decided not to renew the soccer coach's contract.

Athletic Director
              Wrestling Coach
              Volleyball Coach
              Soccer Coach
              Football Coach

OUCH! That's a lot of turnover.

Comment

Athletic Director
                Wrestling Coach
                Volleyball Coach
                Soccer Coach
                Football Coach

Northern hasn't had an AD since beginning of July, it's apparently and unnecessary position now. Three finalists were announced in September...crickets since

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Northern hasn't had an AD since beginning of July, it's apparently and unnecessary position now. Three finalists were announced in September...crickets since
                  The only announcement was that they would not be hiring any of those candidates and the Associate AD would be the Interim for now. They would open up the search again at a later date. I'm guessing that will give Schnoor and Flakus more time on campus so that they will be involved in the search for a new AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

OUCH! That's a lot of turnover.
                    I don't know about the soccer situation (beyond what was released), but the rest are all voluntary. I'm hoping it's a coincidence and not a symptom of a larger issue - but I honestly don't know.
                    Last edited by SW_Mustang; 12-17-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I did the numbers recently, and only 5 programs have had the same coach for 5 years or longer....

Baseball (Blanchard)
                      Golf (Webskowski)
                      Men's Basketball (Bigler)
                      Wheelchair Basketball (Klinkner)
                      Women's Basketball (Webb)
                      Yikes.

I guess Blanchard has only been here for 25 years with another 9 elsewhere before that, so he might have a few more years left. I was thinking he was in the 30+ club for some reason. The baseball team hasn't exactly been relevant since 2009, so who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

The only announcement was that they would not be hiring any of those candidates and the Associate AD would be the Interim for now. They would open up the search again at a later date. I'm guessing that will give Schnoor and Flakus more time on campus so that they will be involved in the search for a new AD.
                        They aren't hiring any of those? Wow...

Flakus was hardly gone and Day was only in Brooking for a couple years too. I guess my sarcasm could be switched to seriousness of not needed an AD, ha

Comment

I don't know about the soccer situation (beyond what was released), but the rest are all voluntary. I'm hoping it's a coincidence and not a symptom of a larger issue - but I honestly don't know.
                          This is true. But still, it's interesting....

Comment

• first round of interviews going on for football coach. will be getting down to finalists after that. not sure on timeline

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                              first round of interviews going on for football coach. will be getting down to finalists after that. not sure on timeline
                              You hearing any names?

Comment

You hearing any names?
                                nope committe apparently very tight lipped and no leaks. DisaPPOINTING FOR FANS, BUT GOOD FOR THEM!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X