Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sport...vzw4zEv_PEBCwg

Matt Zimmer's article on Coach Young....from Matt's new location, SF Live.

Comment

https://www.millerfh.com/obituary/robert-bob-young

Full obituary now posted.

Of note, A Celebration of Life Service will take place at Bob Young Field on June 3, 2023. I hope as many former Coo players and coaches can save the date and attend.
      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
      2016 NSIC Champions
      πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
        https://www.millerfh.com/obituary/robert-bob-young

Full obituary now posted.

Of note, A Celebration of Life Service will take place at Bob Young Field on June 3, 2023. I hope as many former Coo players and coaches can save the date and attend.
        I'll mark my calendar and try to make it down for that - not a Coo fan/alum, but his mark on small school college football is something I greatly respect.

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post
          I saw that USF hired another OC? Did the other guy leave already?
          Looks Iike he's headed to Northern Illinois to join former USF DC Nick Benedetto

https://twitter.com/NIUAthletics/sta...Kdr2_3mEw&s=19

Comment

I thought I would leave this here since he coached at Sioux Falls. Been following college football for a while. I have never heard of anyone one turning down Saban. Good for Deboer and Grubb, theyre really building a power out there.

https://247sports.com/college/washin...ton-203965648/

Comment

Looks like a few of the former USF coaching staff is landing at D1 FCS Eastern Washington. I know I saw Coach Farrel there, and Hayden Mace is the new Oline Coach.

Comment

USF spring game is set for Saturday, May 6th @ 1:00 PM. See ya at The Bob!

Comment

2023 Football Roster - University of Sioux Falls Athletics (usfcougars.com)

So looked up the Coos roster this year. First year in a long time where im hoping 7-4. They return little to nothing on the Oline and Linebacking corps othen than Pederson..

Dbs Sapp and Aldrich return. We also return Rundigan and of course Mullen. Slykhuis returns but who will be WRS #1?

Ive always thought Jaelon Taylor from AZ jumped off the screen to be a potential gamer. The coo does return the deep and talented TE's as well.. Hmm, coach Glo has his work cutout for him this year imo

Comment

Spring practice starts today. Should be interesting with a whole new staff.
                    https://twitter.com/USFCooFootball/s...69325802487808

Comment

Cougar Football Adds Seven to 2023 Roster (usfcougars.com)

Saw that in addition to QB Camden Dean, Matt Goehring ( Sioux Falls Roosevelt Elite 45er) has transferred to the Coo from Mankato. Big get for USF imo. Should start right away. Was one of the top players USF missed out on tw0 years ago. He and Stenbroten make a hell of an athletic tandem at LB imo.

Comment

Cancelled, uncancelled Spring Game Saturday. Interesting new look Coo. I thought the 1's on each side of the ball looked pretty good. Lot of new faces for the 23 season. Like the up tempo style offense, I think Mullen will thrive in it. Defense looks pretty good upfront. Botsford, Crawford and Rice have quite a bit of playing time to lead a new bunch at the D Line. They looked thin at DB but saw a few transfer Corners committed yesterday and they will make an immediate impact. They have a lot of work ahead of them but I think the Coo will be very competitive come week 1 August 31st

Comment

USF ended up losing 7 former starters who went D1 plus another with multiple offers. That is a lot to overcome. Crazy to think with all that D1 Talent last year the end result was 8-3.

DT Grosskopf FBS Louisiana Tech
                          T Parks FBS Charlotte
                          G Moran FBS UAB
                          DE Durfee FBS Washington
                          RB Freeman FCS Southern Utah
                          G Parres FCS Eastern Illinois
                          LB Jantzen FCS Samford
                          DE Kumi 2 FCS offers

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post
                            USF ended up losing 7 former starters who went D1 plus another with multiple offers. That is a lot to overcome. Crazy to think with all that D1 Talent last year the end result was 8-3.

DT Grosskopf FBS Louisiana Tech
                            T Parks FBS Charlotte
                            G Moran FBS UAB
                            DE Durfee FBS Washington
                            RB Freeman FCS Southern Utah
                            G Parres FCS Eastern Illinois
                            LB Jantzen FCS Samford
                            DE Kumi 2 FCS offers
                            I agree with you, that’ll be a lot to overcome.
                            Also agree that 8-3 was likely the floor for USF last year. However I wouldn’t put too much into the β€˜8-3 with that D1 talent’. Those schools (outside of Washington, and LATech) are about equal to USF - just with the D1 tag. I mean that more as a compliment to USF than a slam on the D1 schools.

Comment

UPDATE:

Let's celebrate and show the legacy of Coach Young! Guests are encouraged to wear USF gear. Former players that became coaches are encouraged to wear gear from the school where they coach.

Following the celebration, you are invited to join family and friends at a tailgate outside of the stadium where you can purchase food and drinks from food trucks.
                              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                              2016 NSIC Champions
                              πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I agree with you, that’ll be a lot to overcome.
                                Also agree that 8-3 was likely the floor for USF last year. However I wouldn’t put too much into the β€˜8-3 with that D1 talent’. Those schools (outside of Washington, and LATech) are about equal to USF - just with the D1 tag. I mean that more as a compliment to USF than a slam on the D1 schools.
                                I would agree with this . I think if you look at the top half of the conference, those teams are all going to have multiple
                                kids capable of playing FCS football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X