Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USF has talent. Very young team. But if they can keep all of those young kids there is unlimitless potential, particularly oline and LBs. Seems they can hang with the top teams but just can't when those games. I still think 7-4 or 8-3 is possible this year. Another note, I love how teams add 2 inches of height in their players lol. Dylan walked past me and I noticed we are the same height! I'm 5'8!

Comment

Very hard to get to 6-5 this year. right now 1-2 so....

Minot W
      Augie L
      CSP ????
      Moorhead ????
      Winona ????
      Pitt L
      Wayne L
      SWMS W

As shown, 3-5 therefore would have to sweep CSP, Moorhead and Winona.

My way too early picks for the season :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
        Very hard to get to 6-5 this year. right now 1-2 so....

Minot W
        Augie L
        CSP ????
        Moorhead ????
        Winona ????
        Pitt L
        Wayne L
        SWMS W

As shown, 3-5 therefore would have to sweep CSP, Moorhead and Winona.

My way too early picks for the season :)

You could have your back-up only out there and you'd still find a way to beat my Vikings.

Comment

I think USF has a chance at 7-4. They have played two of the top three teams in the conference. They are a young inexperienced team but they are quickly making their bones. I think everyone has saw a vast improvement from week 1. Every snap is another opportunity for improvement. AS long as they stay healthy in some key positions I think they will continue to get better and be in the top half of the conference. The only for sure loss I see is Pitt St. I think they can play with Augie, Winona and Wayne. That being said if everything goes right they could finish 8-3 but if it goes bad they could finish 5-6

If the Coo doesn't have the mass exodus of transfers like they did after last season then they should be in the mix to contend for a NSIC title next year. They will only be losing a handful of players

Comment

Minot W
            Augie W
            CSP W
            Moorhead W
            Winona W
            Pitt L
            Wayne L
            SWMS W

This is what I got for the rest of the year. I believe the team has just gone against two Juggernauts so for. Mankato and Duluth are top #20 teams imo. This is such a young team. I think they will find themselves and shore up some of these mistakes they've been making as well.
            Last edited by tman28; 09-22-2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Not sure if anyone has been following this or cares, but the NCAA still has not ruled on Zach Durfee's eligibility at Washington, based on the fact that he's technically a two-time transfer. Looks like he's sitting until 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                Not sure if anyone has been following this or cares, but the NCAA still has not ruled on Zach Durfee's eligibility at Washington, based on the fact that he's technically a two-time transfer. Looks like he's sitting until 2024.
                I didn’t realize that with him, but there are plenty of others that are finding out the 2nd transfer isn’t as easy. I think they should sit after the 2nd transfer, but it will be interesting to see if the NCAA sticks to that and is consistent across the board…I have my doubts

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

Minot W
                  Augie W
                  CSP W
                  Moorhead W
                  Winona W
                  Pitt L
                  Wayne L
                  SWMS W

This is what I got for the rest of the year. I believe the team has just gone against two Juggernauts so for. Mankato and Duluth are top #20 teams imo. This is such a young time. I think they will find themselves and shore up some of these mistakes they've been making as well.
                  Agree 100%. SF is a good young team and are going to be tough to beat by anyone this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post

I didn’t realize that with him, but there are plenty of others that are finding out the 2nd transfer isn’t as easy. I think they should sit after the 2nd transfer, but it will be interesting to see if the NCAA sticks to that and is consistent across the board…I have my doubts
                    But what sucks with Durf is that he didn’t play sports at one of his stops . it’s the NCAA not making any sense once again .

Comment

• Worrying game for USF. To only beat Minot 7-0? They finally got Jaelon involved which I'm happy about. Always had him penciled in as having great potential out of HS. If Camden dean can't get it done with decision making, than give it back to Mullen... ill still pick them over Augie as a Homer pick but it ain't looking good.

Comment

• Originally posted by tman28 View Post
                        Worrying game for USF. To only beat Minot 7-0? They finally got Jaelon involved which I'm happy about. Always had him penciled in as having great potential out of HS. If Camden dean can't get it done with decision making, than give it back to Mullen... ill still pick them over Augie as a Homer pick but it ain't looking good.
                        Happy that the defense played better, hopefully they can get a few guys back from injury this week. This was the first week the offense looked out of sync. Hoping they can fix a few things and get back on track. USF has played a much tougher schedule than Augie but I do think Augie has better home run hitters. Coo need to make this an ugly grind it ot game and see what happens

Comment

• When I turned channels to the U Washington game I saw the USF cougar logo. They were talking about Kalen's history with the Cougars and the winning tradition instilled in him there and how that made him a coach under the legendary Bob Young.

Years ago I was watching the news in Sioux Falls and showed USF practicing in the snow on campus during a playoff run and went to look at their roster expecting to see 5'11" 220lb O linemen, Wrong" Cougars were NCC size. I had a feeling then that Coo would eventually move up to D2. It's been 4 seasons since Augie last bested USF. so I expect an AU win.

Comment

• I find it funny that the rivalry week kicked off with Chargers/Vikings - CJ Ham for Augie/Minnesota and Trey Pipkens for USF/Los Angeles.

I will likely be back at USF for this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                              When I turned channels to the U Washington game I saw the USF cougar logo. They were talking about Kalen's history with the Cougars and the winning tradition instilled in him there and how that made him a coach under the legendary Bob Young.

Years ago I was watching the news in Sioux Falls and showed USF practicing in the snow on campus during a playoff run and went to look at their roster expecting to see 5'11" 220lb O linemen, Wrong" Cougars were NCC size. I had a feeling then that Coo would eventually move up to D2. It's been 4 seasons since Augie last bested USF. so I expect an AU win.

Saw that too VF. With Washington's expected (and already) next level of success this season, it's always fun to see them tout Deboer's past. Getting a team full team photo on ESPN wasn't on my bingo card and I'm still mildly annoyed at the worldwide leader in sports for using 2008 and not the 2009 photo I'm in.

But I had forgot about the every 4 years we let Augie win rule. It's even at the Bob too. '15 - 19' - XX' ??? Kinda like odd year Auburn.

Play loose, play fast, and hopefully these young guys and staff have learned enough in the past 4 weeks to put them in a position to keep the key once again.
                              Last edited by Otis Day; 09-26-2023, 07:57 AM.
                              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                              2016 NSIC Champions
                              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• USF to name their new AD tmrw..10am.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X