Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Not so fast my friend. Did you see Camden Deans stats for today? The Dude accounted for 583 yards of offense. Unbelievable. OK there was a pick 6. I've said it before. He will be a great QB by next season. The key to the winning streak is beating Wayne at home. USF can beat WSU and SMSU, probably not the Gorillas. Team will be jacked for Wayne to keep streak alive. Oh, how about Slykhuis, 206yds. on 18 catches!
    Always hope. Bur I don't feel USF fans freaking out. Gotta believe in the winning culture and the coaching staff.

Comment

• Welcome to the Jungle, Cougars!

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Welcome to the Jungle, Cougars!
        Looking forward to the trip down this weekend. Unfortunately the game most likely won't be very competitive. USF just lost too much from last years team. The inexperience in the back 7 on defense has been exposed week in and week out. Not sure what they can do to improve these last two games. On a positive note, the offense has been and explosive. Cam Dean will be a problem for defenses over the next two years. Hopefully the receiving core will be healthy this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by USFIllini View Post

Looking forward to the trip down this weekend. Unfortunately the game most likely won't be very competitive. USF just lost too much from last years team. The inexperience in the back 7 on defense has been exposed week in and week out. Not sure what they can do to improve these last two games. On a positive note, the offense has been and explosive. Cam Dean will be a problem for defenses over the next two years. Hopefully the receiving core will be healthy this weekend.
          Unfortunately, I have to agree. Before the season started I had hopes that this game could be at least competitive. After seeing the USF defense the last few weeks, I fully expect the Gorillas to hang 70+ on us. And I wish I was just sandbagging. This easily is the worst Coo defense I can remember ever seeing. Terribly frustrating given our tradition of being a defensive team.

Like you said, the offense is starting to click, especially in the passing game. I'm not sure the severity of the injury that knocked Slykhuis out of Saturday's game, but if he's not able to play that would definitely be a blow. He's become Dean's best target.

Whatever the coaches have been saying to the team during halftime, I think they should stop. It seems like the whole season we've been coming out of the locker room extremely flat during the 3rd quarter. Something's happening in there, and it's not helping.

Comment

• Pitt is pretty banged up at WR and DB, but the next man up thing has been working pretty well so far.

They won't score 70. If they get a lead, they'll just turtle up and eat clock.

Comment

• Just don't let 'em put up 90 points, Coo...

Comment

• Geez. I just hope Pitt wins and you guys have them scoring 70 to 90 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  Just don't let 'em put up 90 points, Coo...
                  While most of the board doesn't recall what happ to SMSU about 10 years ago....they gave up a 90 spot to Pitt in a Mineral Water Bowl game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

While most of the board doesn't recall what happ to SMSU about 10 years ago....they gave up a 90 spot to Pitt in a Mineral Water Bowl game.
                    John Brown toasted our secondary!

https://static.smsumustangs.com/cust...3/psu-smsu.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Sheriff John Brown is used a lot in blues and Jamaican music including the Cops show song.
                      Last edited by vikingfaithful; 10-24-2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I remember that. I think that was a combination of a frustrated staff trying to keep their jobs, and trying to make sure JB had padded stats to help him get to the next level.

It is a completely different staff, philosophy, and style at Pitt these days. Wright doesn't run it up. He turtles up.

Comment

• It's a pay link, but people can watch here if you can't make the trip.

https://themiaanetwork.com/?B=592075

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            It's a pay link, but people can watch here if you can't make the trip.

https://themiaanetwork.com/?B=592075
                            Carnie stadium is famous for attendance number over 10k. What makes Pitt St. fans so loyal? It's good to see NWMSU struggling, never understood what made them so strong other than hiring a coach with SD roots. HaHa.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Carnie stadium is famous for attendance number over 10k. What makes Pitt St. fans so loyal? It's good to see NWMSU struggling, never understood what made them so strong other than hiring a coach with SD roots. HaHa.
                              The relationship between the town and the University has always been pretty good.

That said, attendance isn't quite what it used to be before 10 years of mediocrity, but it is slowly coming back.

Comment

• Local radio did an interview with the USF pbp guy. Was a good interview. He talked about their youth on D and how they had some guys who just weren't ready yet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X