Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think we did it

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      So there are 58ish schools in populations smaller than Marshall. That puts Marshall at around the 33% mark. No intent in any of this other than curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge and perspective.
      And to bring it all back to UJ, Jamestown is bigger than Marshall. Jamestown is bigger than Bemidji. Talk from some that the town is too small or isolated is crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
        Think we did it
        The guy who started us off pushed us across the finish line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          And to bring it all back to UJ, Jamestown is bigger than Marshall. Jamestown is bigger than Bemidji. Talk from some that the town is too small or isolated is crazy.
          They're (roughly) equidistant from both Fargo and Bismarck - gives them points in my book, relative to the geography of the region obviously.

(If I'm who you were referring too).

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Well, yeah. There's just no hard news about it.

Not a huge fan of adding in a town like Madison to the fold, but I guess we've been okay with it as a conference for a long time given the other places we have.
            I know there is no hard news, but there doesn't need to be any.

The North Star is folding. The GPAC won't take them. The only option is D2 and the NSIC and the NSIC takes anyone

Comment

• I was talking to some Dakota State folks this weekend. Apparently they are going forward with the huge upgrade in facilities regarding football and baseball. I asked where the moneyy was coming from and there were vague answers, but apparently the coaches in recruiting are telling the recruits new baseball and football fields (all turf) in 4 years. That would suggest ground breaking in the next year

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                I was talking to some Dakota State folks this weekend. Apparently they are going forward with the huge upgrade in facilities regarding football and baseball. I asked where the moneyy was coming from and there were vague answers, but apparently the coaches in recruiting are telling the recruits new baseball and football fields (all turf) in 4 years. That would suggest ground breaking in the next year
                NSIC in 2026??

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

NSIC in 2026??
                  For sure, the auspicious sight visit should be happening this next month as facilities start getting erected.
                  Last edited by oldyellaHer69; 04-30-2024, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
                    For sure, the auspicious sight visit should be happening this next month as facilities start getting erected.
                    Out of all the North Star school's they are probably best fitted

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Out of all the North Star school's they are probably best fitted
                      Dickinson would have been a great fit as well

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I know there is no hard news, but there doesn't need to be any.

The North Star is folding. The GPAC won't take them. The only option is D2 and the NSIC and the NSIC takes anyone
                        I don't disagree - I'm only sharing what I can find articles on.

Comment

I don't disagree - I'm only sharing what I can find articles on.
                          We all know what's happening "behind closed doors". Why don't they just be upfront about it. The NSIC is definitely hearing from these schools. They aren't looking at the RMAC or MIAA for god's sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

We all know what's happening "behind closed doors". Why don't they just be upfront about it. The NSIC is definitely hearing from these schools. They aren't looking at the RMAC or MIAA for god's sake.
                            Agreed.

The Daily Leader probably doesn't have deep ties to the Burnsville office and are only reporting on what DSU says - which isn't much. Conference isn't gonna say anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              I believe the town is big enough, but it's probably not fair to compare just the populations of just the towns of Marshall and Bemidji.. Jamestowns population is a little below 16,000, and the entire county they are in (Stutsman) is under 22,000 with a total size of 2,300 square miles\.. Marshall is a little under 14,000, Lyon County a little over 25,000 with a size of 722 square miles.. Bemidji is just shy of 16,000, Beltrami county is just over 46,000 with a total size of 3,000 square miles (though 500 square miles are water in contrast with 76 square miles of water in Stutsman County). The population is just not as dense outside the city limits out on the prairie.

Comment

Agreed.

The Daily Leader probably doesn't have deep ties to the Burnsville office and are only reporting on what DSU says - which isn't much. Conference isn't gonna say anything.
                                No harm in hearing from Burnesville though. "We have received numerous calls from institutions looking to join the illustrious Northern Sun, the NSIC has begun proceedings into the interest of existing members for expansion."
                                It writes itself. We aren't in a bidding war for their "services". Nobody is taking them in D2 besides ourselves.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X