Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

No harm in hearing from Burnesville though. "We have received numerous calls from institutions looking to join the illustrious Northern Sun, the NSIC has begun proceedings into the interest of existing members for expansion."
    It writes itself. We aren't in a bidding war for their "services". Nobody is taking them in D2 besides ourselves.
    Well duh. If St. Thomas dropped down to D2, we'd be the only ones taking them too. It's simple geography.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Well duh. If St. Thomas dropped down to D2, we'd be the only ones taking them too. It's simple geography.
      Why on earth would they drop down?

Comment

No harm in hearing from Burnesville though. "We have received numerous calls from institutions looking to join the illustrious Northern Sun, the NSIC has begun proceedings into the interest of existing members for expansion."
        It writes itself. We aren't in a bidding war for their "services". Nobody is taking them in D2 besides ourselves.
        Nobody wants them in NAIA either but it will be good for the NSIC to add a cupcake/new crookston.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

Nobody wants them in NAIA either but it will be good for the NSIC to add a cupcake/new crookston.
          A cupcake would recognize another cupcake.

Comment

Absolutely. I'd love to hear their take - but they aren't going to say anything. Seems like they do what they want and just expect everyone to be excited for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

That's my point, there doesn't need to be secrecy about it. Just inform the fans that you are looking at them as possible expansion. They won't do it though because they know the publics opinion will be poor in the favor of expanding for expanding's sake, outside of you that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

Maybe we can rescind the Jimmies invitation. Tell them to join the USports in Canada instead

Comment

• Northland College in Wisconsin will not be closing and will be retaining athletics.

Probably a blip on the greater re-alignment discussion, but it's worth mentioning.

Comment

• No doubt in my mind Dakota State is NSIC bound. They're the only public school left in their conference in the NAIA, the only public college in South Dakota that hasn't moved up from NAIA to NCAA. They make a perfect travel partner for one of the Sioux Falls schools. As a computer/tech focused school, their enrollment should remain steady or growing. And if I was an AD at an NAIA school that had the resources to make the move, I'd 100% do it in this current environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Brookens View Post
                      No doubt in my mind Dakota State is NSIC bound. They're the only public school left in their conference in the NAIA, the only public college in South Dakota that hasn't moved up from NAIA to NCAA. They make a perfect travel partner for one of the Sioux Falls schools. As a computer/tech focused school, their enrollment should remain steady or growing. And if I was an AD at an NAIA school that had the resources to make the move, I'd 100% do it in this current environment.
                      Aren't the Sioux Falls schools already travel partners with each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Aren't the Sioux Falls schools already travel partners with each other?
                        They hadn’t been prior to Upper Iowa’s departure, which kind of did away with traditional travel partners.

Sioux Falls and SW Minnesota State were partners
                        Augustana and Wayne were partners

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

They hadn’t been prior to Upper Iowa’s departure, which kind of did away with traditional travel partners.

Sioux Falls and SW Minnesota State were partners
                          Augustana and Wayne were partners
                          Huh, I wouldn't have guessed. Seems counterintuitive, but I guess there aren't really any better options for Wayne. Thanks for the tip

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

A cupcake would recognize another cupcake.
                            Yes I am aware that the Vikings were cupcakes in the NCC

Comment

• I like cupcakes.

Comment

• https://www.startribune.com/scsu-pre...ead/600363380/

By the time Dakota State is ready for the NSIC, St. Cloud should be about cleaned out and locked up, so at least the league will be back to an even number of teams.

TLDR
                                $24M in budget deficit ... 45% enrollment decline ... major layoffs looming ... president bails before completing contract expires.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X