Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The way people in this thread are talking, you'd think we'd have 18 football championships and 20 basketball championships.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      The way people in this thread are talking, you'd think we'd have 18 football championships and 20 basketball championships.
      The way other people talk we should take in every stray dog with a missing leg and heart defects. Sure it's the noble thing to do but in the end it's not worth it

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

        The way other people talk we should take in every stray dog with a missing leg and heart defects. Sure it's the noble thing to do but in the end it's not worth it
        Absolutely a fair point too.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

          Absolutely a fair point too.
          Especially when we already have 2 nearly dead dogs at home .... Looking at you SCSU, and Crookston

          Comment


          • Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

            Especially when we already have 2 nearly dead dogs at home .... Looking at you SCSU, and Crookston
            Those two need to go. Definitely in agreement. Ideally I'd want to keep SCSU but they just can't seem to get their sh*t together and we've given them loads of time to figure it out.

            Crookston just needs to go DIII at this point.

            That horse is more dead than the football programs at both schools at this point.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

              Those two need to go. Definitely in agreement. Ideally I'd want to keep SCSU but they just can't seem to get their sh*t together and we've given them loads of time to figure it out.

              Crookston just needs to go DIII at this point.

              That horse is more dead than the football programs at both schools at this point.
              But we'll keep kicking it until they leave

              Comment


              • Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

                But we'll keep kicking it until they leave
                I mean, that's fine. There's only so much pull a bunch of random posts on a message board can accomplish, but then again that's why we're all here in the first place. It is what it is.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

                  Well Jamestown won't compete in the NSIC either, but here we are!
                  I realize this is the football board, and no, they won't compete in the NSIC. It'll be an automatic win for most teams. But them joining the conference needs to take all sports into consideration, and they should be able to compete in other sports. They are much stronger in Volleyball and Basketball than Football.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mandan View Post

                    I realize this is the football board, and no, they won't compete in the NSIC. It'll be an automatic win for most teams. But them joining the conference needs to take all sports into consideration, and they should be able to compete in other sports. They are much stronger in Volleyball and Basketball than Football.
                    That kind of logic isn't allowed around here...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
                      The N in NSIC stands for NAIA!
                      After all, 13 of the 15 current NSIC institutions came from the NAIA....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

                        That kind of logic isn't allowed around here...
                        Funny thing is, Jamestown has a more impressive list of football alumni that many of the schools represented by those who oppose their entry to the conference.

                        Obviously that's not a direct correlation to current football performance, but it is something.
                        Last edited by SW_Mustang; 11-22-2023, 03:27 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

                          That kind of logic isn't allowed around here...
                          πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ Here we go again. Haha.
                          Ignoring each time the other sports are brought up apparently IS, though. Think it’s been pointed out numerous times that they are way down the list in the all sports race in their prestigious conference. We all know it’s about more than football. Blah blah blah.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

                            πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ Here we go again. Haha.
                            Ignoring each time the other sports are brought up apparently IS, though. Think it’s been pointed out numerous times that they are way down the list in the all sports race in their prestigious conference. We all know it’s about more than football. Blah blah blah.
                            I doubt programs like Bemidji, Wayne, Southwest, Moorhead, Northern would finish on top of the GPAC all-sports standings, for whatever it's worth. I know we want to think "we're automatically better because we've got the NCAA behind us" but that's not necessarily true.

                            Comment


                            • This thread has turned into a mobius strip.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mandan View Post

                                I realize this is the football board, and no, they won't compete in the NSIC. It'll be an automatic win for most teams. But them joining the conference needs to take all sports into consideration, and they should be able to compete in other sports. They are much stronger in Volleyball and Basketball than Football.
                                They will compete for nothing for quite a while. The difference will be too great. Here is a list of the standings for the GPAC sponsored sports that the NSIC also sponsors

                                Football - 9th of 11 (23 season)
                                Men's Cross Country - 4th of 11 (23 season)
                                Women's Cross Country - 8th of 12 (23 season)
                                Women's Soccer - 7th of 13 (23 season)
                                Volleyball - 3rd of 12 (23 season)
                                Men's Golf - 6th of 11 (23 Fall)
                                Women's Golf - 5th of 12 (23 Fall)
                                Men's Basketball - 1st of 11 (22-23 season) A lot of drama right now so who knows how that program will be
                                ​​​​​​Women's Basketball - 3rd of 12 (22-23 season)
                                Wrestling - 9th of 9 (22-23 season)
                                Baseball - 5th of 11 (22-23 season)
                                Softball - 6th of 12 (22-23 season)
                                Men's Indoor Track & Field - 11th of 11 (22-23 season)
                                Women's Indoor Track & Field - 8th of 12 (22-23 season)
                                Men's Outdoors Track & Field - 9th of 11 (23 spring)
                                Women's Outdoor Track & Field - 8th of 12 (23 spring)

                                They finished 7th of 12 in the GPAC All Sports Standings for 22-23. Their highest finish ever. They are likely to finish worse this year with Volleyball dropping some spots, and now Men's Basketball lost its Head and Assistant Coaches. This is not a good Athletic Department looking for better competition and notoriety. This is an Athletic Department desperate to find a home
                                ​​​​
                                Last edited by zimmy21; 11-22-2023, 06:28 PM.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X