Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Millsy View Post

Man, I remember eating a bunch of those when the CHA had their conference hockey tournament in Kearney. Lots of beers and Runzas at the rink! Good times!
    Seems like an out there place for a college hockey tournament. That's kinda cool actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Pretty sure Wayne is the only market without one
      Makes us unique.

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Makes us unique.
        Makes Wayne America progressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Makes us unique.
          I'd get more use out of a Runza and a Scooter's than I ever could out of a Wal-Mart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

This gave me a good chuckle. Thank you.

We would all like to see Wayne stay in the NSIC..I think that can be agreed on. If yous leave..we gonna treat you like the Upper Iowa....telling you that now..haha!

I think the schools up within a few hours of UJ will like this addition....the schools that weren't thrilled about making another trip to ND are likely not over the moon about this....but I think the response overwise will be fairly apathetic. Honestly, I think I fall into that bucket myself....ok then, I guess.

(My mental bandwidth is with the playoffs right now..if I'm going to be honest)

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Seems like an out there place for a college hockey tournament. That's kinda cool actually.
              There was a brief stretch where the CHA tried holding their conference tournament in USHL cities. The Des Moines Bucs had it one year and the Tri City Storm two years. The first year the Storm hosted it, us fans drank the arena out of beer on Friday. They had to get an emergency shipment from their distributor for the Saturday and Sunday games. It was 80 degrees that weekend, the beer was really cold and it was cheap!
              Millsy

Comment

• Originally posted by 4THEPAW View Post

We had to drive 30 min to Norfolk if we needed to go to Wal Mart!!
                Sounds like Morris! They're not close to anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

The rumors were flying before Jamestown was even discussed...makes it even more important for the conference to build strength in numbers.
                  If Wayne is rumored to leave, why add Jamestown when it will result in an odd number of teams?

Comment

• If Wayne leaves, you can bet the farm that Dakota State will be knocking on the door to ask to come in next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Brookens View Post
                      If Wayne leaves, you can bet the farm that Dakota State will be knocking on the door to ask to come in next.
                      Should have been them first anyway. Jamestown makes no sense compared to Dakota State

Comment

• Inevitable move, but a sickening one nonetheless. Rushed ourselves into another poor decision like allowing schools without football to be in the conference.
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

If Wayne is rumored to leave, why add Jamestown when it will result in an odd number of teams?
                          My assumption would be they think they can convince Wayne the grass isn’t greener in the MIAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Brookens View Post
                            If Wayne leaves, you can bet the farm that Dakota State will be knocking on the door to ask to come in next.
                            Don’t kid yourself, Dakota State is already a shoe in. Just need to apply to get into NSIC, they take everybody, who haven’t they taken who has applied?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

My assumption would be they think they can convince Wayne the grass isn’t greener in the MIAA.
                              I am not sure that it would be anything worse than a lateral move for them

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                                I genuinely believe that they always want to stay as close to 16 as possible for overall conference strength, ability to have travel partners, etc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X