Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit crying... the refs weren't the problem. YOU LOST!!!

Comment

• Thanks for your insightful input. Funny you didn't respond to the Ship poster who also mentioned garbage refereeing last night. Maybe you better get on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
        By the way, IUPbig, were you watching the official MEC feed, or the WLU Topperstation broadcast? The Topperstation broadcast never jumped or buffered. It wasn't the clearest picture they've ever shown, but it was thoroughly watchable. I'm not sure what the official MEC feeds are like because I always watch the Topperstation broadcast.
        I picked up the game from the MEC schedule page. It didn't skip but was just fuzzy enough you couldn't catch all the details. I only caught the last 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I picked up the game from the MEC schedule page. It didn't skip but was just fuzzy enough you couldn't catch all the details. I only caught the last 10 minutes.
          Well allow me to put in a plug for the Topperstation broadcasts if you ever want to pop into another WLU game. I personally think the student crew does a really nice job producing the games (and they do tend to use at least one professional announcer, so it tends to be pretty good quality sound as well).

Comment

Thanks for your insightful input. Funny you didn't respond to the Ship poster who also mentioned garbage refereeing last night. Maybe you better get on that.

Comment

Well allow me to put in a plug for the Topperstation broadcasts if you ever want to pop into another WLU game. I personally think the student crew does a really nice job producing the games (and they do tend to use at least one professional announcer, so it tends to be pretty good quality sound as well).
              I will keep it in mind. I should be able to watch the big game this Sunday.

Comment

I will keep it in mind. I should be able to watch the big game this Sunday.
                RootSports has Sunday's game (one of those D2 game of the month deals), so you may want to go with the even more professional presentation for Sunday.

Comment

• This from a Ship poster after their last loss:

"That, and they lost the game at the foul line, 13-6. Hard to believe with all the hacking that was going on that Ship only got the foul line 10 times."

That doesn't sound a whole lot difference than what a WLU poster posted that caused you to accuse WLU of complaining about fouls. To refresh, here is the post:

"Scored a TON on the line due to questionable foul total disparity."

When you see a stat that runs counter to the statistical norm, it does make you question how that happened. WLU was whistled 29 times against WVS...a season high. WLU averages 21 fouls per game so even though 29 is signifigantly higher than average, by itself it is not that much of a red flag. But when you couple that number with WVS getting whistled only 13 times when the season average for WLU opponents is 18 and see a delta of 16 which is the largest difference by far for WLU on the season (average delta is 3), it is enough to make you go hummm.

But at the end of the day, WLU had ever opportunity to win the game. We were 8 for 22 shooting 3's in the second half (33%) including going 1 for 5 from 3 in the final 3 minutes of the game. WLU ain't going to win games against good opponents shooting 33% from 3. Fouls may have "set the table" for the loss, but we grabbed the knife off that table and cut our own throat.
                  Last edited by boatcapt; 02-06-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                    This from a Ship poster after their last loss:

"That, and they lost the game at the foul line, 13-6. Hard to believe with all the hacking that was going on that Ship only got the foul line 10 times."

That doesn't sound a whole lot difference than what a WLU poster posted that caused you to accuse WLU of complaining about fouls. To refresh, here is the post:

"Scored a TON on the line due to questionable foul total disparity."

When you see a stat that runs counter to the statistical norm, it does make you question how that happened. WLU was whistled 29 times against WVS...a season high. WLU averages 21 fouls per game so even though 29 is signifigantly higher than average, by itself it is not that much of a red flag. But when you couple that number with WVS getting whistled only 13 times when the season average for WLU opponents is 18 and see a delta of 16 which is the largest difference by far for WLU on the season (average delta is 3), it is enough to make you go hummm.

But at the end of the day, WLU had ever opportunity to win the game. We were 8 for 22 shooting 3's in the second half (33%) including going 1 for 5 from 3 in the final 3 minutes of the game. WLU ain't going to win games against good opponents shooting 33% from 3. Fouls may have "set the table" for the loss, but we grabbed the knife off that table and cut our own throat.

Comment

• The following paragraph was published in WVSU's official post-game release:

West Liberty committed a ridiculous 29 personal fouls in total. West Virginia State was much more disciplined with merely 13 personal fouls committed. WVSU also shot better from the field (57 percent) and three-point range (44 percent). Comparatively, WLU shot 43 percent from the field and 35 percent from three-point range.

That's more like message board commenting. Kind of bush league language in my opinion -- to come from the athletic department.

Comment

The following paragraph was published in WVSU's official post-game release:

West Liberty committed a ridiculous 29 personal fouls in total. West Virginia State was much more disciplined with merely 13 personal fouls committed. WVSU also shot better from the field (57 percent) and three-point range (44 percent). Comparatively, WLU shot 43 percent from the field and 35 percent from three-point range.

That's more like message board commenting. Kind of bush league language in my opinion -- to come from the athletic department.
                        Sounds good to me!!!

Comment

• Not an isolated post. But you said no one ever complains about fouls when Ship loses. Clearly you were wrong just as you are wrong about WLU posters complaining about fouls after every loss.

Comment

The following paragraph was published in WVSU's official post-game release:

At the risk of being accused by one poster of complaining, 29 fouls is a ridiculous number of fouls.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

At the risk of being accused by one poster of complaining, 29 fouls is a ridiculous number of fouls.

Comment

• WVSU's box score doesn't list the names of the officials. Anybody know which crew worked the game? That will tell you all you need to know.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X