• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    82 points in the first half...
    Very deep team. Deadly 3 pt shooters. Moore getting lot of minutes backing up meininger. Little difference between first and second teams. Playing faster than last year.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

82 points in the first half...

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

It's too bad WVU plays at the same time, I would've liked to see the new team in person

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
    I'd still favor Indiana Faithfull as Hilltopper Name MVP
    That's a good one but I still got to go with Johnny Bonar. Bonar...snicker, snicker...I guess deep down I'm still a 5th grader!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

They also picked up the #31 rated senior in Ohio, PG Sincere Carry, if you check his twitter feed. 5'11" PG...Certainly a position of need...Played for OBC AAU, esteemed program...

They are losing 3 seniors this year, so have room for one more...
    This guy had visits from Penn State and wvu but no offers. Interest from Youngstown state, Akron, etc. Had 2 knee injuries in high school which caused d1 to back off. Another pg who is also a slasher. Alessandro is great shooter and slasher. Hit 36% of 3s as a junior. Beaver Creek plays tough teams. Im impressed by both!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Game Notes for tomorrows tilt against Cheyney lists the projected WLU starters as:

Monteroso
    Bolon
    Dyer
    Griffin
    Meinenger

I'm a little surprised Bolon earned the start. Must have had an exceptional camp!

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Giving Indiana Faithfull a run for his money on the all time great name
    I'd still favor Indiana Faithfull as Hilltopper Name MVP

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Originally posted by quannis View Post
    a point guard, named SINCERE CARRY! Come on! Did I stumble across The Onion?
    Giving Indiana Faithfull a run for his money on the all time great name

Leave a comment:

• quannis
    replied

They also picked up the #31 rated senior in Ohio, PG Sincere Carry, if you check his twitter feed. 5'11" PG...Certainly a position of need...Played for OBC AAU, esteemed program...

a point guard, named SINCERE CARRY! Come on! Did I stumble across The Onion?

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Jon Alessandro from Beavercreek Ohio signed today, listed at 6'7 190

https://twitter.com/alessandrojon11/...93058269499393

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Jon Alessandro from Beavercreek Ohio signed today, listed at 6'7 190

https://twitter.com/alessandrojon11/...93058269499393

Leave a comment:

• JesuitHoops
    replied

I think the proverbial glue guy, Kyle Ritz, will be missed more than what's thought...he did a lot of different things..30 mpg, 2nd leading rebounder, 4th leading scorer, 3rd in blocks... but WJ will be good...just saying that's a decent loss..

No doubt about that! The expectations are high for this season, as they should be. I just think when you have so many new faces to the program, it is natural to question who will replace the production of a guy like Ritz. If it were Tham, I would feel much more confident as to where that production would come from. I assume Wilson (Juco transfer) will be this guy.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Originally posted by pennbraz View Post
    The team actually has a few less ??? than your prognosis. This team should be deeper overall than last year and better in a few key areas. Hilson did not transfer out as he left school after the regional final and would not be able to play anywhere this year, but yes, Tham would have started here and transfered to a program that won only 9 games last year. It should be a fun first weekend next weekend in a MEC/CIAA weekend and then WJU opens at home with Va. Union the next week.

Shepherd, ND and even UVa-Wise (which did not lose any starters from an improving team) can be very dangerous this year.
    I think the proverbial glue guy, Kyle Ritz, will be missed more than what's thought...he did a lot of different things..30 mpg, 2nd leading rebounder, 4th leading scorer, 3rd in blocks... but WJ will be good...just saying that's a decent loss..

Leave a comment:

• pennbraz
    replied

Originally posted by JesuitHoops View Post
    I actually think Jesuit has a few ???? going into the season. Obviously having Moseh, Highsmith and Boswell are an outstanding trio to start with. I would put these 3 up against any other trio in the country. What I am interested to see is how the new faces will progress. My concern is this team may not be as deep as in years past. Having Hilson and Tham transferring out could hurt in regards to the depth. There are a lot of new faces, however these new faces have a lot of talent. I agree with the interesting match ups for the opening weekend. The Gannon game is always intriguing due to the contrast of styles. They battled Jesuit in Wheeling last year. Jesuit also plays Bowie that weekend.

The MEC is going to be a lot of fun as usual this year. I feel like Shepherd and Notre Dame made strides to catch up with West Lib, Jesuit and Fairmont. For as top heavy the league has been the last couple years, I believe there will be more parody this year.
    The team actually has a few less ??? than your prognosis. This team should be deeper overall than last year and better in a few key areas. Hilson did not transfer out as he left school after the regional final and would not be able to play anywhere this year, but yes, Tham would have started here and transfered to a program that won only 9 games last year. It should be a fun first weekend next weekend in a MEC/CIAA weekend and then WJU opens at home with Va. Union the next week.

Shepherd, ND and even UVa-Wise (which did not lose any starters from an improving team) can be very dangerous this year.

Leave a comment:

• JesuitHoops
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    What's the buzz out of Fairmont and other top MEC schools? The two WJ guys got snubbed on all those preseason AA teams. Moseh is one of the best players in the country. Jolle, too, IMO, got snubbed.

Could ND make a legit run? Vorhees is a monster. Enough around him?

I recall Shepherd made some big strides last year and returns most of the team.

Very curious to see Gannon open with WJ. I was shocked Gannon got picked second in the West. Always interesting to see a fast team play Gannon and its 45 ppg pace. GU lost by 1 point down there two years ago. Gannon has a couple studs but not nearly enough to hang with WJ.

The Slippery Rock vs Shepherd rematch will also be a good one. Rock kind of beat them up last year.

WL vs Cheyney, however, won't be real interesting to watch ... probably 130-60. Seton Hill will be a better test. They have Trevor Blondin back after missing last year. He's a very good player. They also have a monster inside but if they can't slow the game down he'll be tapped by the half.
    I actually think Jesuit has a few ???? going into the season. Obviously having Moseh, Highsmith and Boswell are an outstanding trio to start with. I would put these 3 up against any other trio in the country. What I am interested to see is how the new faces will progress. My concern is this team may not be as deep as in years past. Having Hilson and Tham transferring out could hurt in regards to the depth. There are a lot of new faces, however these new faces have a lot of talent. I agree with the interesting match ups for the opening weekend. The Gannon game is always intriguing due to the contrast of styles. They battled Jesuit in Wheeling last year. Jesuit also plays Bowie that weekend.

The MEC is going to be a lot of fun as usual this year. I feel like Shepherd and Notre Dame made strides to catch up with West Lib, Jesuit and Fairmont. For as top heavy the league has been the last couple years, I believe there will be more parody this year.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X