Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

their press is much more energetic / active than in years past...interesting bc they lost some studs from last year's team...Dennis, Hoehn, Grossenbacher, and Clay... They've surprised me with 14-0 record...but two games with WJ and one with Fairmont to play..

Ben has done a great job of molding them...

Comment

It's hard to get a vibe on them so far. Yes, they are killing people but the schedule has been awful. WL's opponents have a combined 72-132 record and only four of the 14 opponents are above .500 so far. The SOS has to be the worst in the Region among the top half of teams.

They may be an elite team ... I just think the jury is still out until we see them in some bigger games against teams who can punch back. Fairmont was obviously a good win. The rest ... none of them will be playing past the regular season.

Cheyney (2-11)
      Seton Hill (5-10)
      D&E (3-10)
      Glenville (2-12)
      WVU (2-13)
      Urbana (3-11)
      NDC (4-11)
      Shep (9-6)
      FSU (11-4)
      King (9-8)
      UDC (1-13)
      WV State (7-7)
      Charleston (8-7)
      Wise (6-9)

Note: Boat .. before you go nuts ... this is just a 'discussion' topic. I follow D2 basketball more than just my school. Due to this board I think by default we get to know each others conferences pretty well.

Comment

nm
        Last edited by Layton; 01-14-2018, 10:33 PM.

Comment

119 to 110 .... That's a lot of baskets

Comment

It's entirely possible that your Running Hilltoppers could be voted the #1 team in the country this week's poll....Queens College #1, lost to #5 Linc Memorial by 1, and Bellarmine got upset by Wisc Parkside. And #3 WL keeps winning.

Believe me, #1 in min-Jan means nothing other than good ammunition for the SID at WL...but it is pretty crazy when you think about what they lost and the off-season changes....

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              It's hard to get a vibe on them so far. Yes, they are killing people but the schedule has been awful. WL's opponents have a combined 72-132 record and only four of the 14 opponents are above .500 so far. The SOS has to be the worst in the Region among the top half of teams.

They may be an elite team ... I just think the jury is still out until we see them in some bigger games against teams who can punch back. Fairmont was obviously a good win. The rest ... none of them will be playing past the regular season.

Cheyney (2-11)
              Seton Hill (5-10)
              D&E (3-10)
              Glenville (2-12)
              WVU (2-13)
              Urbana (3-11)
              NDC (4-11)
              Shep (9-6)
              FSU (11-4)
              King (9-8)
              UDC (1-13)
              WV State (7-7)
              Charleston (8-7)
              Wise (6-9)

Note: Boat .. before you go nuts ... this is just a 'discussion' topic. I follow D2 basketball more than just my school. Due to this board I think by default we get to know each others conferences pretty well.
              Not going to go nuts at all. I in fact like it when opponents question weather WLU is good or if they are just a product of scheduling. Makes it easier for other teams to dismiss us and perhaps not be as prepared as they should be!

Looks like a few days can change things. WLU has now played six teams with 500+ records.

King College is 10-8
              Fairmont 12-4
              Shepherd 10-6
              WV State 8-7
              Charleston 9-7
              Concord 9-7

Soooo...that means 40% of WLU's games have been played against teams that stand above 500.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                It's entirely possible that your Running Hilltoppers could be voted the #1 team in the country this week's poll....Queens College #1, lost to #5 Linc Memorial by 1, and Bellarmine got upset by Wisc Parkside. And #3 WL keeps winning.

Believe me, #1 in min-Jan means nothing other than good ammunition for the SID at WL...but it is pretty crazy when you think about what they lost and the off-season changes....
                Indeed we are #1

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                  Indeed we are #1
                  WLU is #1 and WVU is #2...Looks like D1 and DII basketball run through northern WV!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                    WLU is #1 and WVU is #2...Looks like D1 and DII basketball run through northern WV!!!!!!!!
                    WVU won't be for long :( I'm so mad at the last two games plus the Steelers loss

Comment

Well...If we shoot against WJ the way we shot tonight, we won't be #1 for long. That was straight up sh!t! Only 6 three pointers made and four of those were by French. Watson was 0-4, Bolon was 1-4 and Monteroso was 1-3. Total from the field was 44%. Thank god it was Concord.

Comment

• Comment

Over the last three games, Watson is 4 for 18 from 3 (.222) including 0 for 4 last night. As WLU's number 2 three point shot taker, He needs to be WAY better than that for WLU to be effective against good teams like WJ. Conversely, Evan French is en fuego beyond the arc the last three games shooting .681 including going 4 for 8 last night. Leading s point taker Dalton Bolon is shooting .500 over the last three but was 1 for 4 last night.

Comment

Usually when your tired and overworked (WLU) you start loosing your legs which affects shot percentage. I would think next couple of days would be light practices and rest before going into Saturday

Comment

Hopefully it is a short term aberation and not a trend. Need to be on our game or we will lose to WJ and perhaps some other MEC teams that are finding themselves much improved after starting the year poorly.

Comment

WL may lose to WJ, and maybe @ Fairmont, but come on, I'm not going that far, that they'll lose any others in the conference....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X