• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

So far, yes.

Haven't won anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      So far, yes.

Haven't won anything yet.
      Well...WLU has won the MEC regular season, is sitting at 25-1 with one game to play in the regular season and is the odds on favorite to host the NCAA Atlantic regionals so I wouldn't say they haven't won anything yet. But your point is taken...still a lot for the Toppers to do to teach the "experts" a lesson about predicting the demise of WLU basketball!!

What I REALLY want to know is who the coach that picked Notre Dame to win the MEC championship was!!! That guy needs to have his voting card pulled!!

Comment

If we weren't arguing ... it wouldn't be late February. haha.

It's all in fun.

Speaking of ND ... is Vorhees going to get a medical redshirt?

Comment

If we weren't arguing ... it wouldn't be late February. haha.

It's all in fun.

Speaking of ND ... is Vorhees going to get a medical redshirt?
          I don't know. I think the NCAA rule is can't have participated in more than 1/3 of the season. I THINK that includes camp and games that he might have sat on the bench before being shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            I don't know. I think the NCAA rule is can't have participated in more than 1/3 of the season. I THINK that includes camp and games that he might have sat on the bench before being shut down.
            Their radio guy said Vorhees will be back next year during the WLU game. Coming into the season, you could make a pretty good case that Vorhees, Ja'Sean Lewis and K.T. Taylor were the best returning trio in the region. Check their numbers from last year.

Comment

Boat .... this video sucks. Pull some weight down there and get it upgraded. It's worse than an Atari.

Comment

Boat .... this video sucks. Pull some weight down there and get it upgraded. It's worse than an Atari.
                Yea I don't know why they changed it, used to be pretty good. Guess we had to make some more budget cuts

Comment

As I recall, the cut-off for a medical redshirt is 20 percent of a team's season, unless that changed.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                    Yea I don't know why they changed it, used to be pretty good. Guess we had to make some more budget cuts
                    Yeah, that video feed was borderline unwatchable.

WLU used to be a leader in game production/broadcast. If that is the new standard on the hilltop, jesus.
                    Last edited by ssidiver; 02-24-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Lol ... not the new standard. That was putrid.

Comment

Originally posted by ssidiver View Post
                        Yeah, that video feed was borderline unwatchable.

WLU used to be a leader in game production/broadcast. If that is the new standard on the hilltop, jesus.
                        Problem started when they went to UStream and is even worse under Team1. WLU used to broadcast their games directly to the web but since they went to these third parties, the video quality and stability has been VERY questionable! The production quality of the games is still high and the equipment used is still top notch but these third party companies just aren't living up to their end of the deal.

Comment

The rest of the MEC's switch to BlueFrame Technologies or Team1 has resulted in much better quality across the board...watching a little bit of yesterday's WJU-WLU men's game it is a bit less quality than the majority of the other league broadcasts, except for Glenville which seems to make you dizzy with always switching from end cameras and missing a good bit of the action.

Comment

Problem started when they went to UStream and is even worse under Team1. WLU used to broadcast their games directly to the web but since they went to these third parties, the video quality and stability has been VERY questionable! The production quality of the games is still high and the equipment used is still top notch but these third party companies just aren't living up to their end of the deal.
                            BoatCapt:
                            Was the bad video the Wheeling Jesuit game on 2/24? I had heard that the Game at Notre Dame had terrible video. That is why I am asking.
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pennbraz View Post
                              The rest of the MEC's switch to BlueFrame Technologies or Team1 has resulted in much better quality across the board...watching a little bit of yesterday's WJU-WLU men's game it is a bit less quality than the majority of the other league broadcasts, except for Glenville which seems to make you dizzy with always switching from end cameras and missing a good bit of the action.
                              I think (don't know but have been told) that part of the problem with these services is bandwidth. The more people that are watching (or trying to watch), the more degraded the signal for each consumer becomes. National program like WLU is going to have more people watching than a typical MEC school...Throw in an opponent like WJ and that probably drove even more eye's to the broadcast. What these services do is sell a "basic" package at a ridiculously low price and for teams that don't get many people trying to look at their games, that is sufficient. However, for high profile teams like WLU were a comparative lot of people might try to watch, the cost's to get sufficient bandwidth rise very quickly.

Several years back (3...4??) WLU went to all HD cameras for their game broadcasts and the difference was stunning! Then soon after that they went away from "in house" web broadcasts over to UStream and the games (football and basketball) have not had anywhere near the same picture quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                                BoatCapt:
                                Was the bad video the Wheeling Jesuit game on 2/24? I had heard that the Game at Notre Dame had terrible video. That is why I am asking.
                                Thanks
                                It was both. I would imagine that WLU has contracted for a package with Team1 and that package includes X amount of bandwidth per game. For most games, that is sufficient to allow for relatively good picture quality and stability. But for a high interest game like WJ, there were probably more people trying to watch the game than the bandwidth could handle. Don't know why the Notre Dame game would have pulled a lot of eyes...maybe it was a cold night and lots of people stayed home...maybe NDC has a lot of alumni who happened to want to tune in...who knows.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X