Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Carry should get the hype Chuckie got kid is D1 caliber

We got a major steal, just need a big or two now
    https://twitter.com/mgoul/status/977...623873536?s=21

Comment

Hopefully we learned somthing with the "Chucky Hype!"

I think I recall someone posting that he had committed to Clarion after his one year stops at Polk and Harcum. Anyone know if he's goung to Clarion or is he still holding out for that D1 offer we were so sure he deserved??
      Last edited by boatcapt; 03-25-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Clarion offered him. He didn't sign.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Clarion offered him. He didn't sign.
          Wow. Whoever is advising him needs to be shot. How many times does he have to offer himself to ANY D1 and NOT have them bite before he realizes that he just might not be as good as he thinks he is.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            Hopefully we learned somthing with the "Chucky Hype!"

I think I recall someone posting that he had committed to Clarion after his one year stops at Polk and Harcum. Anyone know if he's goung to Clarion or is he still holding out for that D1 offer we were so sure he deserved??
            Pickerington coach after semi loss said although he did not win Mr. Basketball sincere was the best player he saw on film ( see video on Cleveland.com). I watched him in person twice. He is unselfish with great understanding of the game but can dominate if needed. Finalist for Mr. Basketball. Although I am a fan of david dennis, sincere is at a wholly different level. After he had 2 knee injuries, p5 schools moved on. Wlu stood by him. He will start day 1 IMHO.
            Last edited by Columbuseer; 03-25-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
              Pickerington coach after semi loss said although he did not win Mr. Basketball sincere was the best player he saw on film ( see video on Cleveland.com). I watched him in person twice. He is unselfish with great understanding of the game but can dominate if needed. Finalist for Mr. Basketball. Although I am a fan of david dennis, sincere is at a wholly different level. After he had 2 knee injuries, p5 schools moved on. Wlu stood by him. He will start day 1 IMHO.
              I think if Arnold is back, he gets the opening game start. Beyond that, play will dictate.

Hopefully Carey makes the transition and performs up to his ability. If he does, we'll be in good shape. But he will be a freshman and sometimes, they struggle and even the best can be a little hot and cold. WLU has had pretty good luck with first year players coming in and playing beyond their age so I'm hopeful that Carey can also. We had good production from an assist standpoint from our PG but not scoring. Dont think we need our PG to be the leading scorer but we need him to be a threat to take it all the way to the hole when he drives and be a threat to shoot from the outside after he passes.

Now if we can just get a PF who can run the floor and play inside! Dont need him shot the 3 or even be a starter. Run, play D, rebound and block shots...get put backs and occasionally score on breaks.
              Last edited by boatcapt; 03-25-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Comment

What will help Carry adjust is that Solon plays a west liberty style with a press and great 3 pt shooting. He started for Solon for 4 years. The style is one of the reasons that he signed. He is great on dribble drive with great vision to dish inside or outside. He is a lock down defender who can pick your pocket and a great pressure 3 pt shooter. Much more athletic then Dennis who started as a freshman. Imho there is no one on next years team that can guard him. Griffin, meininger bolon and Moore are going to feast on his assists or he will light up the scoreboard. Now let's get an athletic 6-10 human eraser ( I can dream lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                    What will help Carry adjust is that Solon plays a west liberty style with a press and great 3 pt shooting. He started for Solon for 4 years. The style is one of the reasons that he signed. He is great on dribble drive with great vision to dish inside or outside. He is a lock down defender who can pick your pocket and a great pressure 3 pt shooter. Much more athletic then Dennis who started as a freshman. Imho there is no one on next years team that can guard him. Griffin, meininger bolon and Moore are going to feast on his assists or he will light up the scoreboard. Now let's get an athletic 6-10 human eraser ( I can dream lol)
                    Hahaha! Good stuff. Carey will get his oportunity in practice and if he lives up to his rep, will be a real asset for us. I know freshmen have had great success in the past for us but it always makes me nervous to lean too much on them!!

A 6-10 human eraser would be GREAT but I'd be happy with a high flying 6-8 power forward that goes about 225 and is happy to dish out tough love in the paint!

Comment

Planning for next year!!

Currently we have 14 on roster. Will lose three, (Monte, Watson and Brandon Smith). Have two commitments Sincere Carry 5-11 point guard and Jon Alessandro 6-6 forward. That get us to the required 13 roster amount, however WL seems to have one or two extra ( I guess walk-ons, etc.). Do you see any roster defections that will make room for another player or two. Even though we play that fast pace game I still think if we are to get higher in the playoffs we need that 6-8 guy that can give us size in the middle and more rebounding. A disgruntled D-1 player is probably the best bet since those guys are on everybodys radar coming out of high school.

Comment

They have just offered Lock Haven transfer Tarojae Brake....according to Verbal Commits which is accurate and confirms this stuff before putting it out there.

Comment

Griffin transferring out per VC.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-26-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I think d2 allows the equivalent of 10 full scholarships which can be distributed among more than 10 players. I think wlu has two openings left. Not sure if that number includes any transfers. Given that wlu had 2 academic all Americans I would suspect some would qualify for academic aid also (like d3).

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                              They have just offered Lock Haven transfer Tarojae Brake....according to Verbal Commits which is accurate and confirms this stuff before putting it out there.
                              Per request, we had to take it down but wanted to leave a message here to confirm it's legit.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                                I hope that he has played in an open gym and has stepped up to the conditioning that is required. Some guys cant handle it. Great shooter and scorer. Reminds me of slightly bigger Jordan Watson in terms of style as a SG.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X