Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Sympathy for Lock Haven ... Brake is a nice player but Amir Hinton is the transfer prize of the year in D2. He has two years eligibility remaining. It wouldn't shock me if he goes 'up' but there's likely a giant bidding war going on for his services. He was a monster on a bad team. Surround him with some talent and look out.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanVC View Post
      Per request, we had to take it down but wanted to leave a message here to confirm it's legit.

Once it hits this site ... it's made the D2 big time. Lol. Might as well leave it up now.

Comment

Just saw on Twitter that the Atlantic Region Basketball Legend Chucky Humphries rec'd an offer from IUP!!! Man, he gets around!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Griffin transferring out per VC.
          Interesting, wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
            Just saw on Twitter that the Atlantic Region Basketball Legend Chucky Humphries rec'd an offer from IUP!!! Man, he gets around!
            Hahahaha! I read on this forum that he was a sure thing All American who was going to set the DII world on fire! Either that or was a sure thing to get a D1 offer from the likes of Duke or Michigan or Villanova!!

At least...that's what I heard!!

Comment

Being that your holy figure signed him ... have to assume such posts came from WV. Way too small for D1. Don't see many 6'6" post players in the ACC. You were all over his kool-aid on here until he went to Florida.
              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-27-2018, 05:06 AM.

Comment

We'll see where he signs. All IUP did was make an offer.

There is a heavy rumor Fairmont State also offered him as with two other top PSAC East programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                  Interesting, wonder why
                  Thought the same thing, Layton... entering his senior year, tons of playing time ahead of him...

Pure guess work--but I predict he heads back home to Australia and plays in their semi-pro / pro leagues...may have already gotten a degree? No one knows, but to transfer to a 3rd school for one season, leaving WL...weird...

Any one know anything?

Comment

Being that your holy figure signed him ... have to assume such posts came from WV. Way too small for D1. Don't see many 6'6" post players in the ACC. You were all over his kool-aid on here until he went to Florida.
                    I wasn't "all over his cool aid" (?) when he was sifned to play for WLU. I cautioned that he was to be a freshman and sometimes freshmen perform like, well, freshmen. They can do inexplicable things and be very up and down. I didn't agree with the anointing of him as the next savior of WLU basketball before he had bounced a basketball at the ARSC. His performance at Polk and Harcum say that maybe he was a bit over hyped but he does have ability and may finally thrive in a program that realizes his greatness.

I think he does serve as a cautionary tale about cool aid...a glass is nice on a hot day but if you down the whole pitcher you may end up with brain freeze!!

Comment

lol ...

One thing for sure ... he's the most celebrated incoming freshman in the history of this message board. Give him credit .. he's had staying power on here, too.

If he does sign at IUP ... it's going to be for a role and he should thrive in that role. He won't be looked upon to be 'the man' or anything. Not this coming year, anyway. The following year (his senior year) he'd play a much bigger part.

Comment

He may do well as a role player but it certainly doesn't seem like he, or his entourage, see him as such. I wonder how "happy" he would be comming off the bench or being the 3rd or 4th scoring option?

Comment

lol ...

One thing for sure ... he's the most celebrated incoming freshman in the history of this message board. Give him credit .. he's had staying power on here, too.

If he does sign at IUP ... it's going to be for a role and he should thrive in that role. He won't be looked upon to be 'the man' or anything. Not this coming year, anyway. The following year (his senior year) he'd play a much bigger part.
                          Chuckle WAS the most celebrated recruit but he has passed the torch to Sincere Carry who was a finalist for Mr. Basketball and excelled against teams with D1 signees. Darn, I just ran out of kool-aid. Heading off to store to resupply lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                            Chuckle WAS the most celebrated recruit but he has passed the torch to Sincere Carry who was a finalist for Mr. Basketball and excelled against teams with D1 signees. Darn, I just ran out of kool-aid. Heading off to store to resupply lol.
                            I'll say the same about Carey as I said about Humpharies...Really good player that could be a steal for us. But he is a freshman and freshmen, even really good ones, often struggle. I hate depending on a freshman to come in and lead a team.

He has ability and could be very good as a freahman but I'd prefer to have an experienced PG who can let Carey mature and grow into the starting lineup.

If you are getting Kool Aid, get cherry flavor...nice rosey red color! I drank tons of it during the Amedro era of WLU football!!!!!

On a side note, I heard WLU has had some conversations with a PF from Reynoldsburg.
                            Last edited by boatcapt; 03-28-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                              I'll say the same about Carey as I said about Humpharies...Really good player that could be a steal for us. But he is a freshman and freshmen, even really good ones, often struggle. I hate depending on a freshman to come in and lead a team.

He has ability and could be very good as a freahman but I'd prefer to have an experienced PG who can let Carey mature and grow into the starting lineup.

If you are getting Kool Aid, get cherry flavor...nice rosey red color! I drank tons of it during the Amedro era of WLU football!!!!!

On a side note, I heard WLU has had some conversations with a PF from Reynoldsburg.
                              Good info. I think I have seen him play grove city. High motor, great inside but he will need to work on shooting form both free throw and probably 3s.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                                Good info. I think I have seen him play grove city. High motor, great inside but he will need to work on shooting form both free throw and probably 3s.
                                Work o free throws...YEP! I'd rather him NOT work on his 3's. Rather see him focus on working on rebound positioning and defense!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X